Lack of Cast Parts

@Miraglyth said in Lack of Cast Parts:

@Nuebot said in Lack of Cast Parts:

You not liking an option you have doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If I disliked the Judgment Coat from a recent mission pass it doesn't mean I got one less outfit than everyone else.

Okay, let's assume you're playing a male character. What if they stopped releasing male outfits all together?

You're comparing apples and oranges. If they stopped making male non-CAST outfits, they would be making nothing I could use at all. Non-CASTS don't have the option of using CAST parts. This assumption is dishonest.

@Shirokami07 said in Lack of Cast Parts:

Most Casts don't like wearing flesh costumes. It's just not an option

It's literally an option.

What? You mean that players who picked a mecha race should NOT be a mecha race because for some reason, despite still having 1 year and half of parts to add, got none in 7 weeks so far if not from Mission Pass?

No, it's not an option.

It's a terrible argument.

They picked Cast, a mecha, not a fleshie.

No, it's not an option.

Look, I get what you want to say, and if there is a genuine deficiency that isn't made up for by the mission pass inclusions I do support raising that to the developers as the GMs have committed to doing.

But hyperbole to the point of lying isn't going to present a compelling case. You don't like the option. That's fine. But it is one.

No, it's not an option.

Look, I get what you want to say, and if there is a genuine deficiency that isn't made up for by the mission pass inclusions I do support raising that to the developers as the GMs have committed to doing.

But hyperbole to the point of lying isn't going to present a compelling case. You don't like the option. That's fine. But it is one.

No. It's not a lie. I said Casts aren't getting Cast pieces.

And maybe you don't know this. But Casts to begin with weren't able to use non-cast parts. That's why they can't equip old mission pass costumes.

I understand that you always want to be the opposite in any argument, but this time there's no way of doing it. Not without being intentionally wrong.

No, it's not an option.

No, it's not an option.

You need to go further at the beggining of it all instead of picking out of context text pieces desperatedly trying to seem right when saying some that's obviously wrong bro.

You not liking an option you have doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If I disliked the Judgment Coat from a recent mission pass it doesn't mean I got one less outfit than everyone else.

Okay, let's assume you're playing a male character. What if they stopped releasing male outfits all together?

You're comparing apples and oranges. If they stopped making male non-CAST outfits, they would be making nothing I could use at all. Non-CASTS don't have the option of using CAST parts. This assumption is dishonest.

As I said in my post: You'd still be able to wear rappy costumes and other "all" outfits. Just because you doesn't want to doesn't mean it's not an option. Are you not happy with that? It would literally be an option.

Grats you guys 🙂 I think CAST dudes are hella cute so it'll be nice to see more variation.

You need to go further at the beggining of it all instead of picking out of context text pieces

I specifically said "It's an option" and you replied to that very specific quote by saying "It's not an option."

You even expanded on that position by saying it wasn't an option entirely because you didn't like it:

No, it's not an option.

And to remind, that was the entire logic before I replied in the first place:

That is the context of how you said it. To paraphrase: It's not an option, because you don't like the option.

Try to drag in unrelated parts of the wider discussion all you like, that's exactly and specifically what you said and what you always meant to say. And it is clearly incorrect.

I'm done here. You're just going to keep pretending unrelated parts of the conversation applied when it was clearly a specific point I was making and for which your disagreement was plainly wrong.

As I said in my post: You'd still be able to wear rappy costumes and other "all" outfits.

I really don't remember seeing that text before, but I could have just missed it.

Again though, it's not quite the same, because CASTs can also wear "all" outfits, can they not? To summarise, and please correct me if my understanding is wrong here:

Outfit type Male non-CAST Male CAST
All (e.g. ARKS Rappy) Yes Yes
Male Outfit Yes Most
Male Layered wear Yes Yes
Male CAST parts No Yes

The scenario you are putting forward is that both male outfits and layered wear stop being added on Global beyond Mission Pass, leaving male non-CASTs (who cannot use CAST parts) with only "All" outfits.

The current situation, as claimed, is that CASTs aren't getting new parts. That leaves them with "All" outfits and male layered wear. (Edit, see below: And most male outfits too.)

I do understand the frustration with not getting an extra option only available to CASTs, especially if the volume of unreleased CAST parts should allow more of them without depriving future Mission Pass seasons.

But... these two situations are not the same. You're talking about removing more outfit types and leaving the subject of your comparison with fewer options than CASTs have now. That is all.

Edit: Did a bit of research. Sounds like CASTs can use most full male outfits, and that only the very early ones from 2012 on JP are an exception. Looking in my own character storage, most of my full outfits are "All (Male)" with only a starter outfit and Lark Barbatos from Season 3 tier 8 being "All Except CAST (Male)". So I've updated the chart above and that distances the two scenarios further.

You need to go further at the beggining of it all instead of picking out of context text pieces

I specifically said "It's an option" and you replied to that very specific quote by saying "It's not an option."

You even expanded on that position by saying it wasn't an option entirely because you didn't like it:

No, it's not an option.

And to remind, that was the entire logic before I replied in the first place:

That is the context of how you said it. To paraphrase: It's not an option, because you don't like the option.

Try to drag in unrelated parts of the wider discussion all you like, that's exactly and specifically what you said and what you always meant to say. And it is clearly incorrect.

I'm done here. You're just going to keep pretending unrelated parts of the conversation applied when it was clearly a specific point I was making and for which your disagreement was plainly wrong.

As I said in my post: You'd still be able to wear rappy costumes and other "all" outfits.

I really don't remember seeing that text before, but I could have just missed it.

Again though, it's not quite the same, because CASTs can also wear "all" outfits, can they not? To summarise, and please correct me if my understanding is wrong here:

Outfit type Male non-CAST Male CAST
All (e.g. ARKS Rappy) Yes Yes
Male Outfit Yes Most
Male Layered wear Yes Yes
Male CAST parts No Yes

The scenario you are putting forward is that both male outfits and layered wear stop being added on Global beyond Mission Pass, leaving male non-CASTs (who cannot use CAST parts) with only "All" outfits.

The current situation, as claimed, is that CASTs aren't getting new parts. That leaves them with "All" outfits and male layered wear. (Edit, see below: And most male outfits too.)

I do understand the frustration with not getting an extra option only available to CASTs, especially if the volume of unreleased CAST parts should allow more of them without depriving future Mission Pass seasons.

But... these two situations are not the same. You're talking about removing more outfit types and leaving the subject of your comparison with fewer options than CASTs have now. That is all.

Edit: Did a bit of research. Sounds like CASTs can use most full male outfits, and that only the very early ones from 2012 on JP are an exception. Looking in my own character storage, most of my full outfits are "All (Male)" with only a starter outfit and Lark Barbatos from Season 3 tier 8 being "All Except CAST (Male)". So I've updated the chart above and that distances the two scenarios further.

Wow, look at him go distorting stuff to make it sound correct when it's as simple as the very fact that CAST didn't get any CAST content in 6 weeks.

You're being incredibly pedantic over an incredibly basic analogy because you refuse to accept the base premise that most cast players don't care about being able to use layered male wear and two people trying to explain the issue has met with nothing but basic dismissal from you, attempts to convey it on a ground that makes it more equitable to your situation is met with weaselly pedantry.

So I'll give you the final response of this: My dude, it doesn't matter whether or not casts can wear male clothes, at all. Literally not at all. If I ordered a BLT and they left out the bacon, I'd wonder where the bacon went. Some clown going "YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH THOSE TOMATOES, GEEZE" doesn't change that.

It doesn't matter if Casts can equip something other than Cast parts, because they don't want to. They want to be Casts, not humans.

Wow, look at him go distorting stuff to make it sound correct when it's as simple as the very fact that CAST didn't get any CAST content in 6 weeks.

Look at that, I said you'd try to bring in separate parts of the discussion and that's exactly what you did.

You're being incredibly pedantic over an incredibly basic analogy because you refuse to accept the base premise that most cast players don't care about being able to use layered male wear.

I'm just calling out the analogy for being flawed.

Again, I do think it would be silly for the aesthetic purpose of a distinct race to be lost to content omission and if that's what's happening it's a perfectly reasonable thing to raise awareness over. But it's possible to do that without acting like CASTs get less choice than other races.

I think it's still compelling to ask "Hey, why can't CASTs get new CAST parts?" without the need to support it with extra arguments of questionable truth.

And the GMs are on board with that! So all should be well.

Look at that, I said you'd try to bring in separate parts of the discussion and that's exactly what you did.

You're being incredibly pedantic over an incredibly basic analogy because you refuse to accept the base premise that most cast players don't care about being able to use layered male wear.

I'm just calling out the analogy for being flawed.

Again, I do think it would be silly for the aesthetic purpose of a distinct race to be lost to content omission and if that's what's happening it's a perfectly reasonable thing to raise awareness over. But it's possible to do that without acting like CASTs get less choice than other races.

I think it's still compelling to ask "Hey, why can't CASTs get new CAST parts?" without the need to support it with extra arguments of questionable truth.

And the GMs are on board with that! So all should be well.

It's not questionable truth, it's not flawed. You're just being intentionally pedantic. You always do this, in every thread and also on twitter. I know you, I've seen you.

You don't know the guy very well, then, since you completely missed the point of what he said.

I only read half the thread and understood the argument being made.

Caveman summary-

No CAST parts is bad. Still have other options, even if they aren't what you want. Saying those options aren't optional is your opinion, not fact.

@Furious said in Lack of Cast Parts:

You don't know the guy very well, then, since you completely missed the point of what he said.

I only read half the thread and understood the argument being made.

Caveman summary-

No CAST parts is bad. Still have other options, even if they aren't what you want. Saying those options aren't optional is your opinion, not fact.

It's not an opinion. In character creation you pick a mech race, and in game you're given far fewer options than other races.

What he's saying, basically, is "play as other race you didn't pick".