Lack of Cast Parts

@Nuebot Silly me I misread the whole scratch.

I don't have the research to contribute to the state of CAST part coverage from JP, but to either make an obvious point or ask a stupid question:

CASTs can still wear the non-CAST versions of everything with their non-robotic mode, can't they? If so, I really struggle to get the pretense (especially on several Twitter announcement replies lately) that fewer CAST parts means CAST characters are starved for looks. It just means they have fewer extra options over the other races, no?

@Miraglyth said in Lack of Cast Parts:

I don't have the research to contribute to the state of CAST part coverage from JP, but to either make an obvious point or ask a stupid question:

CASTs can still wear the non-CAST versions of everything with their non-robotic mode, can't they? If so, I really struggle to get the pretense (especially on several Twitter announcement replies lately) that fewer CAST parts means CAST characters are starved for looks. It just means they have fewer extra options over the other races, no?

Casts can't wear most Outfits (the full bodied ones like we've been getting from mission passes) but the thing there is that if I wanted to look like a regular dude I would have just made a human, dewman or newman. You can't mix and match - aside from your head - either. I can't have cast arms, regular body and cast legs. Or cast legs and human parts elsewhere. You're either full cast or you've got a human body.

More to the point, however, is that I chose a cast for the cast parts. I like playing with the fashion options of them and customizing my looks, like anyone else does. If I could give up my option to wear human flesh in exchange for them releasing more cast parts on a steady schedule I would do it in a heartbeat, the only time I don't wear my cast parts is either when there's a campaign for it like beachwars, or when I have some cheap outfits for SG and while I definitely can't speak for every other cast player out there, I know a lot are in a similar boat.

It's not even, strictly, that casts are starved for looks - casts have always been bottom of the barrel. Even compared to female casts who, typically, received more items more often because they're more popular - but that, as outlined in the thread, they're removing cast parts from scratches that had them in JP. They're jamming multiple scratches together and frontloading certain player groups with everything, while utterly neglecting others and it's very lame to do. And I'll direct you to that chart posted upthread, almost every single set barring a few outliers (mostly collab ones) has both CV and GV options. Not only has Sega just outright not given us most of the older cast sets, but we've been given no word on a whole two thirds of cast options.

Out of the four AC scratches released this month only one had any cast parts. One the month before it. But three back in June and four in may and april (The starting scratch, recruiting line, had two cast sets but it was still a single scratch). In JP scratch that didn't feature a new set usually had a CV or GV set, and we have a wide gap of sets still unavailable even if you don't count the collab sets.

If we had even one scratch where there were literally no female outfits people would lose their shit. But we can go almost an entire month without getting a new cast set and most people don't care.

All of the Cast parts from episodes 1-3 are Being restricted to the Mission pass, no clue if the GV or CV versions will be restricted to the pass as well. I fan only assume is the lack of Cast Parts in Scratches is because there aren't as many parts compared to regular outfits in Jp and they want to space them out (I know at least 3 Sets are being reserved for the release of each individual scion class).

And I can also only assume they're waiting till they released most of the standard colored sets before releasing the GV and CV variants to avoid having some people complain about rereleases too soon or some malarkey like that.

This is just me trying to rationalize things though.

GuNdAm CrOsSoVeR pLeAsE

@Nuebot said in Lack of Cast Parts:

Casts can't wear most Outfits (the full bodied ones like we've been getting from mission passes)

So to clarify, they can wear a layered wear set (innerwear, basewear and outerwear) but not a full outfit? That'd make a trade-off worth being aggrieved over if there is a lack of CAST parts, I can accept.

Still, kind of weird that a CAST's non-robotic appearance can't just wear outfits. Could it really have been so much work to make that work when they presumably added the non-robotic appearance when they created layered wear? 🤔

but the thing there is that if I wanted to look like a regular dude I would have just made a human, dewman or newman.

This here though is an argument I don't really agree with. You not liking an option you have doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If I disliked the Judgment Coat from a recent mission pass it doesn't mean I got one less outfit than everyone else.

This here though is an argument I don't really agree with. You not liking an option you have doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If I disliked the Judgment Coat from a recent mission pass it doesn't mean I got one less outfit than everyone else.

Okay, let's assume you're playing a male character. What if they stopped releasing male outfits all together? You had to make due with "all" outfits like rappy suits that anyone could wear. Is that still cool with you? I assume you didn't make your character to do nothing but play as a rappy, but that's now your only option because they only release one male outfit a month if you're lucky

Hi all. This will be going in the next report to the developers. Thank you for sharing!

@GM-Deynger said in Lack of Cast Parts:

Hi all. This will be going in the next report to the developers. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you, this getting any kind of attention is at least somewhat hopeful to hear.

Of course! We do our best to scan for active issues as often as possible.

That's great to hear honestly. Hopefully this will mean CAST parts will release in Scratches more frequently and we'll be able to see the GV and CV sets sooner.

e developers. Thank you for sharing!

Yeeeees Victory.

I'm satisfied with just getting it visible as an issue!

This mission pass is bringing us the Divine Kaiser and Valiesse Part sets alongside their female counterparts: the Alice Reaper and Sapphir sets. They all look great if you ask me and I'm definitely excited for this mission pass.

Most Casts don't like wearing flesh costumes. It's just not an option, they made a mech, they want to play as a mech. It's straight simply unfair not to get at least ONE set like fleshies do.

You not liking an option you have doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If I disliked the Judgment Coat from a recent mission pass it doesn't mean I got one less outfit than everyone else.

Okay, let's assume you're playing a male character. What if they stopped releasing male outfits all together?

You're comparing apples and oranges. If they stopped making male non-CAST outfits, they would be making nothing I could use at all. Non-CASTS don't have the option of using CAST parts. This assumption is dishonest.

@Shirokami07 said in Lack of Cast Parts:

Most Casts don't like wearing flesh costumes. It's just not an option

It's literally an option.