Any proposed solutions to these bots?

I'm sick of these Meseta bots and I'm sure you are too but now they've gotten worse. They're literally using the shout function as if anyone wants to buy crap from a troll. Who the hell is buying into this?

Anyway I found a really good thread on this with various proposed solutions but none of them seemed as concrete as a player run chat filter. Imagine how easy it would be to fill in your own filter or even set it to block people until a certain level?

I know bots could do shit like grind but it's something and it's not forceful at least so why can't Sega just implement this?

I've played JP since EP4 and I've never seen any so why is it such huge problem here? I also got bullied just for complaining and wanting change.

Literally called slurs and called a dumbass because apparently it was like this since PSO1. Which seems extremely unlikely especially on console. What do you think??

I dont recall seeing bot spam in PSO1. But then I didnt spend alot of time in the gathering lobbies back then. I recall the dreamcast having issues with people doing annoying things using gameshark.

@Ukyo-Sonoda Yeah PSO1 was exploited for sure. Especially with the gamecube port but the idea of bots being in such an old MMO like that is too hard to believe.

You can always spam them friend requests. This keeps them from doing anything. Also feels fun having direct payback.

Don't buy meseta.

@OokamiWolfCanine rememeber ppl dont buy wine because someone is selling it - someone is producing wine because someone is buying it and thats all why that bots exist

anyway i got a feeling that only ppl that see problem in bots are these who instead of playing just sit in lobby and chat

well i dont sit in lobby and i just go from mission to mission i do see them spamming that messages but between mission i just see few of them and could not care less and i just dont get how so many ppl including u have problem with it?

is it like u really sit in lobby and thats the difference between us? u see allot more messages than me and thats the issue? idk i just dont get it its like i complain that ppl talk in chat between my missions and i see too many messages while picking quest

or other way around my chat is more spammed (i know ctrl + arrows) with system messages

im not defending bots im not against u i just dont get it what is the problem here?

@Lemon-Sama said in Any proposed solutions to these bots?:

Don't buy meseta.

I have that as my away message in yellow.

Just do what I do. You can push other characters and move them where you want to. I like pushing them into the elevator on the second floor to the bridge. It annoys them. They have even started trying leaving their characters in corners to make it more difficult for me to do so, but it doesn't stop me. It's fun to mess with them. In some cases it's even getting them to leave and go to other blocks, but I'm retired and have nothing better to do, so let the games being! LOL!

@Skylynn If I'm not totally wrong, they only move in your game, while they stay at the same spot in "their" game.

@Ogni-XR21 said in Any proposed solutions to these bots?:

@Skylynn If I'm not totally wrong, they only move in your game, while they stay at the same spot in "their" game.

Yeah pushing is done client side

@Skylynn said in Any proposed solutions to these bots?:

Just do what I do. You can push other characters and move them where you want to. I like pushing them into the elevator on the second floor to the bridge. It annoys them. They have even started trying leaving their characters in corners to make it more difficult for me to do so, but it doesn't stop me. It's fun to mess with them. In some cases it's even getting them to leave and go to other blocks, but I'm retired and have nothing better to do, so let the games being! LOL!

Sorry, but youre not pushing them anywhere.

Only way to get rid of bots is to get rid of the company making them

Having an account complete a relatively minor amount of content before they could access global chat would probably be pretty innocuous. Nothing would stop said scammers from just completing the content and then making it bot but it would prevent just spamming new character creations/account creations.

From there i'm not sure. I hope they don't attempt to create chat filters as those usually end up causing more grief than saving. I think that it's important to recognize that we can't completely purge these scammers from the servers. So we shouldn't try to be overly restrictive. And we don't want to go so overboard that we end up harming the experience for actual new accounts via making being able to use chat or chat itself being rather inconvenient.

Potentially they could make a soft cooldown on how often you can send messages. But only after you've sent X amount in a short period of time. But I can see how that could also be problematic.

@OokamiWolfCanine there one way .stop payment to Sega. No scratch no premium no nothing . On top of it make so Sega 100% know it. Say it in game and 9n forums/Twitter. Then after 3/4 scratch they don't sell well they start working. As of now bots don't hurt Sega to much.

@ERICK001BC then they do yes and now you are connected to an rmt.gl getting banned this way.