Yerkes Meseta Bots are a problem too

I don't know if anyone has addressed or noticed this, but I usually hang out in Franca to avoid the regular spamming Meseta bots. But I don't know if anyone has noticed Yerkes bots popping up for awhile. They usually come in as a typical throwaway name with No Alliance, run straight to Yerkes, then run to the storage in the left corner and then to the visiphone. I think it's quite obvious what's going on, especially seeing the Red Meat average price spike up the way it has.

Looking further into the market, it's quite clear what is going on. Almost all of the 1m+ red meat sellers are generic PNs with no market description, and looking further into their shop shows what exactly they are doing.

it is quite easy to pinpoint these scam markets and bots. I hope we get some action taken on these as well as the typical RMT bots.

alt text alt text

It's probably one way they fuel their Meseta selling, if they setup their bots for that and have a ton of accounts thats just a lot of easy millions.

@Vashzaron

same as the guys who sell undercut AC items - at first they listed hundrets then switched back to selling only 5 or 10 of each and restock them when being sold....so its not "too obvious" but screens do exist on reddit where some of them sold like 100 maries tights for 10m each and had its shop full with couple "rare ac items" with undercut prices....a whale? nah why would a whale whos on his mind buy 10000+ ac scratch tickets of the same new ac scratch....a reseller? why would somebody buy items expensive and resell them for less money? makes no sense....obviously credit card scamer as some of them prob got banned already...they dissapeared and came back a week later with hudnrets of items again on a new acc...no fashionbook - doesn accept friend requests - basic "PN" - doesn reply to kudos when being asked to trade the items for cheaper money - but always updating the shop

9b30ebb3-6c9e-4ea4-adb3-cef6b17220bf-image.png

this is too fishy to be a legit player imo

These guys are behind the rmt spam bots and they have mainly two ways of generating money, but i wont go into detail because i dont want the situation to worsen. But yes sega could just look into these accounts and their meseta flow and it would be quite easy to get rid of a few for breaking ToS, but i can assure you nothing is going to happen. It goes all the way back to the pc release. Also this isnt as easy as banning ip's from china or russia as some people claim on this forum. Same with mac adresses, everything can be changed in a matter of seconds for people who live in 2020. At this point they probably have several billions and there's not really a way to stop this anymore. But ever since NG was announced i dont see this version as anything but a fast cashgrab anyways.

It does seem to have gotten worse though, as Red Meat is now 4th place on "top sellers" in game and I don't really see a legitimate reason for that being the case.

@Vashzaron said in Yerkes Meseta Bots are a problem too:

It does seem to have gotten worse though, as Red Meat is now 4th place on "top sellers" in game and I don't really see a legitimate reason for that being the case.

you have 1 alpha whos the main income of meseta - that alpha buys off red meat from the meseta bots who are mainly being used for trade....this way its harder to detect them cause player shop - and this way its giga hard to ban the alpha cause he "does look like a legit player" who is just selling undercut AC items and buys off red meat to share money wich is harder to track because of the player market...if one looks into the red meat being sold and figures the alpha - they can ban the alpha...at least in theory....but he is not involved in any of the RMT trades - and because he buys off red meat from the player shop doesn mean hes doing illegal stuff - hence why he cant be banned...also to note: they set up decoys wich makes red meat look like a legit price - so its hard to track that this item is "way overpriced" it just looks like "ya its worth 1m" cause its set up endlessly...this way they also sell their meseta....telling the customer to setup red meat in market how many and at wich price along with their PN

@JuggernautGTX said in Yerkes Meseta Bots are a problem too:

@Vashzaron

same as the guys who sell undercut AC items - at first they listed hundrets then switched back to selling only 5 or 10 of each and restock them when being sold....so its not "too obvious" but screens do exist on reddit where some of them sold like 100 maries tights for 10m each and had its shop full with couple "rare ac items" with undercut prices....a whale? nah why would a whale whos on his mind buy 10000+ ac scratch tickets of the same new ac scratch....a reseller? why would somebody buy items expensive and resell them for less money? makes no sense....obviously credit card scamer as some of them prob got banned already...they dissapeared and came back a week later with hudnrets of items again on a new acc...no fashionbook - doesn accept friend requests - basic "PN" - doesn reply to kudos when being asked to trade the items for cheaper money - but always updating the shop

I'm going to take this as a chance to hijack this thread about how weird and fucked up NA's market is. So you get people like the one in your screenshot, massive stockpiles of AC items. You get people who had an early start on the xbox version who literally buy out as much stock of select items they possibly can to better fuel their own supplies and create monopolies of them (animal ears and wings are popular targets for this) and just because I know people are going to argue against me and say "that's just how economies work in games like this" like they always do, I know several of these people personally and get to hear them laugh about how they have hundreds of certain pre-steam release items stockpiles waiting for the market to run dry so they, and their friends who've focused on other specific items, can enter and literally own the entire market on those items.

Then there's ship 2 and cast parts.

https://pso2market.com/item/2/903 https://pso2market.com/item/2/63 https://pso2market.com/item/2/435

Feel free to go through your inventory and see how many parts you own follow a similar pattern of steady price, sudden surge, drop back down. When I went through mine roughly half of the parts I owned had similar patterns within this month alone.

Due to NA's rapid burn on the scratch, the fresh finds shop's half assed design and the way we are very unlikely to ever see and reprint scratch the game has become an absolute haven for people who's sole goal was to basically ruin the market for people who just want to experience the game's fashion and have fun with it.

@Nuebot said in Yerkes Meseta Bots are a problem too:

@Vashzaron

I'm going to take this as a chance to hijack this thread about how weird and fucked up NA's market is. So you get people like the one in your screenshot, massive stockpiles of AC items. You get people who had an early start on the xbox version who literally buy out as much stock of select items they possibly can to better fuel their own supplies and create monopolies of them (animal ears and wings are popular targets for this) and just because I know people are going to argue against me and say "that's just how economies work in games like this" like they always do, I know several of these people personally and get to hear them laugh about how they have hundreds of certain pre-steam release items stockpiles waiting for the market to run dry so they, and their friends who've focused on other specific items, can enter and literally own the entire market on those items.

https://pso2market.com/item/2/903 https://pso2market.com/item/2/63 https://pso2market.com/item/2/435

Feel free to go through your inventory and see how many parts you own follow a similar pattern of steady price, sudden surge, drop back down. When I went through mine roughly half of the parts I owned had similar patterns within this month alone.

Due to NA's rapid burn on the scratch, the fresh finds shop's half assed design and the way we are very unlikely to ever see and reprint scratch the game has become an absolute haven for people who's sole goal was to basically ruin the market for people who just want to experience the game's fashion and have fun with it.

I personally don't see a problem with this but I get how it can be frustrating. If a player has the money and stockpiles they're free to do whatever they want since it is a free market. However, if people continue buying said products at those prices then you're giving them reason to overcharge. If no one buys it, they will continue lowering the prices

@redBadger22 said in Yerkes Meseta Bots are a problem too:

@Vashzaron

I personally don't see a problem with this but I get how it can be frustrating. If a player has the money and stockpiles they're free to do whatever they want since it is a free market. However, if people continue buying said products at those prices then you're giving them reason to overcharge. If no one buys it, they will continue lowering the prices

So how can you have an issue with one thing and not the other?

@redBadger22 said in Yerkes Meseta Bots are a problem too:

However, if people continue buying said products at those prices then you're giving them reason to overcharge. If no one buys it, they will continue lowering the prices

The trouble is for many items there was never any alternative. It's pretty clear the items most affected are the ones that a large portion of the player base could never scratch for. Of those three CAST parts linked earlier, Vogulus Arms is by far the most expensive which is no surprise since it came from Recruit Line. A natural solution to this would be allowing all players to be able to generate them.

Dances are a good example of this. The two famous sexy dances are Pole Dance and Chair Dance, whose market difference is night and day. But again, consider when they could be generated. To be clear, my point is not about exploitation. I openly predicted months ago that PC players being able to generate items PC players wanted would balance the market thereafter and Chair Dance really evidences that; its price today must surely be considered reasonably affordable (despite being AC it is cheaper even than easily earned free emotes from older campaigns). My point is about the severe supply restriction of everything that couldn't be generated after May.

It's a shame that tracker site doesn't go back to before the arrival of the Shining Heroes scratch set. It would have been very interesting to know what happened to the price of Dance 9 when it returned. It is the only dance that has reappeared after a long gap. It is now way cheaper than any of the other emotes provided by its original AC sets (Dark Omen and Virtual Stars). Of course since it was available in two sets rather than one, maybe it was even before its recent return. I look forward to another April-era emote returning to see what happens with that.

While I'm busy being off-topic I should also note that this market site must surely provide the final nail in the coffin of the idea that Ship 3 somehow has a bad economy. Without exception, every emote or item reviewed for this post or mentioned in previous posts shows it is very much in line.

Anyway, back to the topic. Cheaters!

@redBadger22 has performed some good investigative and analysis work here. It shouldn't come as any surprise that Yerkes' client orders generate an abusable amount of meseta. I wonder about a couple of the other easily-visible details of these bots, for reasons that should be obvious to most players but that I won't describe in case it clues in any RMT participants.

Solutions to this however are more difficult. Clearly the bots that farm meseta in this way do not need either premium or personal shop passes, because they are only buying junk items from centralised accounts that do have premium (either through spending some of the RMT proceeds on it or some of the meseta on 10* items to generate EX cubes to FUN scratch personal shop passes with).

And it almost doesn't make sense to restrict the trade of junk items; for starters that would interfere with genuine players and exceptional market dynamics such as the great potato surge of 2020. For seconds, they'd just diversify and move on to the next least junky items which would make them harder to identify. In some ways it'd be easier to let them keep using Red Meat until their network has been sufficiently mapped out to drop the hammer on all of them.

Presumably they also have to gather the materials, which means they can bot that much or are using human control at least for that. The latter would mean any obfuscation efforts with gathering (a randomised QTE instead of just pressing B, or a passcode to gather for the first time only in a quest) wouldn't help and would just make gathering take longer for real players. Meanwhile unless they are just turning in Navershrooms with a very high volume of accounts, they are probably clearing a few Explorations as well to unlock other planets.

Must admit I'm struggling to think of a way to prevent bot abuse that wouldn't also substantially change the intention of Yerkes and related meseta sources for real players. It's a bit tricky when his entire purpose is to be a noteworthy meseta injection.

I'm going to take this as a chance to hijack this thread about how weird and fucked up NA's market is. So you get people like the one in your screenshot, massive stockpiles of AC items. You get people who had an early start on the xbox version who literally buy out as much stock of select items they possibly can to better fuel their own supplies and create monopolies of them

ya sure because people buy out maries tights at 14m and resell them at 10m....to make negative profit...seems legit to me....especially when theres always been like 7-8 of them in market (i tracked them wich is why i can specifically sayhow BS that is) and all of a sudden theres over 90 for undercut prices? dont tell me somebody spent 20000 USD to scratch on a single scratch....thats making me laugh...theres no such whale in the world...especially when this got reported on at least ship 1 and 2 (no clue about ship 3 personally) dont come up with "oh but i know whales who spend 20k in a month" yes - they do exist in p2w games like league of angels or wartune - it makes zero sense to whale like that on a single scratch in a casual game

2 days ago he listed 12 maries tights - yesterday 5 - 4 days ago over 90 - today 45 at 8m....ya thats a legit person who "plays the market" kappa

dont tell me somebody spent 20000 USD to scratch on a single scratch....thats making me laugh...theres no such whale in the world...

Literally the first day this game went live for the beta there were whales making posts here complaining that the biggest AC bundle wasn't big enough and they wanted to spend more money so sega responded, within hours, adding an even bigger AC bundle to the microsoft store page. There were players selling 999 AC shop badges across all three ships during the beta, refreshing them every day.

A lot of people entered NA with the specific mindset of wanting to fuck up the economy, they came from JP knowing which items had been successful and popular and set out to target them as much as possible.

dont tell me somebody spent 20000 USD to scratch on a single scratch....thats making me laugh...theres no such whale in the world...

Literally the first day this game went live for the beta there were whales making posts here complaining that the biggest AC bundle wasn't big enough and they wanted to spend more money so sega responded, within hours, adding an even bigger AC bundle to the microsoft store page. There were players selling 999 AC shop badges across all three ships during the beta, refreshing them every day.

we are not talking about a few hundrets we are talking about dozen of thousends of USD...dont act like stolen credit cards and scammed steam gift cards dont exist

A lot of people entered NA with the specific mindset of wanting to fuck up the economy, they came from JP knowing which items had been successful and popular and set out to target them as much as possible.

ya so they came here to spend 20k USD and "fuck up the market" - as in one single player...yes that makes perfect sense...or do you mean fuck up the economy as in buying everything for billions of meseta and then reselling it for almost half the price? yes makes perfect sense because one single player wastes his entire life to at first "play the market" to earn billions and then plays the market to loose billions....funny how that specific PN guy popped up about a week ago and never been seen before that - only has udnercut AC scratch items for sale - somtimes hundrets sometimes dozen - sometimes only sets up 4 or 5 and the next day 100 again....not suspicious at all

Just do what I do. You can push other characters and move them where you want to. I like pushing them into the elevator on the second floor to the bridge. It annoys them. They have even started trying leaving their characters in corners to make it more difficult for me to do so, but it doesn't stop me. It's fun to mess with them. In some cases it's even getting them to leave and go to other blocks, but I'm retired and have nothing better to do, so let the games being! LOL!

Wait, Yerkes collects Red Meat? Since when?

If it's just Red Meat getting inflated, I don't really mind. It's one of the easiest items to get in-game in bulk. You can even make your auxiliary farm it while you do as well as long as you have a collect quest for it.