open beta March 17th. get ready

@Kedlin313 said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@StrumerJohn said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

PS4 and PC players for years...:

"Lol Xbox sucks they have nothing exclusive"

When Xbox gets something exclusive...:

"OMG I AM BOYCOTTING THIS GAME I HATE SEGA"

"I'M STAYING ON JP BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY FIRST EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE AN ADVANTAGE WITH MY KNOWLEDGE!"

I've always had PlayStation, I've also never felt the need to get an Xbox because they've legit never had something I've wanted. As soon as PSO2 was announced for the Spring I went and picked one up. I love it, GamePass Ultimate is far better than any benefits of PS+ and I'm now rethinking my choice of console for Next Gen.

Yeah to me it was obvious and I didn't care what Phil Spencer said in that interview about it going multi plat. I was playing PSO2 on PS4 during e3 and I said to myself then "I'm buying a Xbox on black friday".

Got it and sat it in a corner until the beta launched. Taking no chances

I may have missed it, but have they said how long they are going to have the open beta available??

@THEMaryJane said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I may have missed it, but have they said how long they are going to have the open beta available??

No news on that yet. We will likely get more news on that throughout the week.

@Toy-Soldier-Ken said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@redPG LOL look at all the media. Seems people are reacting with the same nonsense. Trying to force a release date.

Sega needs to just come and say PC isn't getting it until whenever that release date is. They aren't gonna just take this quietly and it's drowning out positive conversation

@redPG said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

Sega needs to just come and say PC isn't getting it until whenever that release date is. They aren't gonna just take this quietly and it's drowning out positive conversation

PC babes complaining about not getting free shit, what else is new?

Really looking forward to it!

@Toy-Soldier-Ken looks at calendar. Cause spring begins next week

@MachineQueen said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

ITS

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait!! Time to stay up alllllll night again haha EST time(hurts) lol

@IfrianMMO said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@landman said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

But in any case, other than servers shutting down early, I got a full experience from PSOBB and PSU, they shut down PSU after it completed the main story, and this was all that mattered to me.

No we did not.

We were two years behind in updates, compared to JP, we missed a ton of events, items, rebalancing, quests, and we never got to see the ending of the Ambition of Illuminus storyline, as it was not even over in JP when the West PC version shut down.

Thank you for the quick recap on the Sega of America stuff though, i had missed some of that.

great how they treat people around here isnt it?

you had every right to say what you did. i think its a bit misguided to see it as a pc version failing instead of a north american version failing personally, but you definitely arent wrong. the games didnt fail in japan because they werent the ones perpetually lagging behind. sega also needs to learn to be clear with their intentions (though its easy to see why they treat their fans like a bunch of 12 year olds...) because all this nonsense (a word i use alot here because other terms are deemed "profanity") with "soon" and "later" just maintains the image we already have of sega IN north america which if frankly one of incompetence.

having said that you may want to look at why they might possibly be holding off on the pc version. i think theres ALOT of people like you that are either going to stay on the JP version, or are going to play the NA version for a bit and then go back to it once they realize a few things (for one the xbox live community.. but also that they are going to have to acquire and grind all their gear again) so why flood the servers immediately with people who are potentially going to leave anyways? if the pc players stay on JP the money goes straight into their pockets without microsoft taking their cut too. just stuff to consider.

facts run thin in these parts, speculation is almost a religion here.

@MEGAF1UX said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@landman said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

But in any case, other than servers shutting down early, I got a full experience from PSOBB and PSU, they shut down PSU after it completed the main story, and this was all that mattered to me.

No we did not.

We were two years behind in updates, compared to JP, we missed a ton of events, items, rebalancing, quests, and we never got to see the ending of the Ambition of Illuminus storyline, as it was not even over in JP when the West PC version shut down.

Thank you for the quick recap on the Sega of America stuff though, i had missed some of that.

great how they treat people around here isnt it?

you had every right to say what you did. i think its a bit misguided to see it as a pc version failing instead of a north american version failing personally, but you definitely arent wrong. the games didnt fail in japan because they werent the ones perpetually lagging behind. sega also needs to learn to be clear with their intentions (though its easy to see why they treat their fans like a bunch of 12 year olds...) because all this nonsense (a word i use alot here because other terms are deemed "profanity") with "soon" and "later" just maintains the image we already have of sega IN north america which if frankly one of incompetence.

having said that you may want to look at why they might possibly be holding off on the pc version. i think theres ALOT of people like you that are either going to stay on the JP version, or are going to play the NA version for a bit and then go back to it once they realize a few things (for one the xbox live community.. but also that they are going to have to acquire and grind all their gear again) so why flood the servers immediately with people who are potentially going to leave anyways? if the pc players stay on JP the money goes straight into their pockets without microsoft taking their cut too. just stuff to consider.

facts run thin in these parts, speculation is almost a religion here.

Wow that's actually a good point. Didn't really think about it that way

There is no close date listed for the open beta and in my years of gaming. No Open beta has ever suddenly closed and gone "wait a month to play again!" Has always been open beta, patch to full game. Maybe a day or two downtime. Super excited to get back in!

I was going to @ all the GMs and thank them for their hard work >.> but then I was like.. maybe that is a bad idea while they are busy. So to any GM whom can read this... THANK YOU!

I am personally going to skip on PSO US/West and just keep playing on JP.

I do own an XBOX ONE, but i personally feel it´s an insult and a disrespect to the PC community,

- You already have a history of bad releases, slow patching and disservice to the PC community.

Remember what happened to PSOBB on PC, with misisng quests, events and an early shut down?

Remember what happened to PSU and PSU AOTI on PC, two years behind in patches and shutdown before the story was even over?

Remember how you officially blamed the poor performance of the PC release on the players for not whaling enough and not paying enough subscriptions, for which you had to apologize in public shortly after?

The simple fact is that you guys need to prove yourselves to the PC community because you have treated us poorly in the past. And your way to do this is to make us sit on the bench because you want the juicy XBOX one sale profits?

Okay then, you clearly show that you have not changed one bit in all these years. The PC community is still an after-thought to you and you are going to focus on XBOX just like you did on PSO and PSU.

Not falling for this a third time.

LOL

Well, hes not wrong.

My only concern is how they will deal with cheaters and hackers. Cuz thats one of the primary reasons PSU failed here.

Ill wait patiently ofc. Rather play on 4k 100fps with enb reshaders then on a console ticking time bomb. Im a sony guy anyway.

@Alexandrious947 said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I am personally going to skip on PSO US/West and just keep playing on JP.

I do own an XBOX ONE, but i personally feel it´s an insult and a disrespect to the PC community,

- You already have a history of bad releases, slow patching and disservice to the PC community.

Remember what happened to PSOBB on PC, with misisng quests, events and an early shut down?

Remember what happened to PSU and PSU AOTI on PC, two years behind in patches and shutdown before the story was even over?

Remember how you officially blamed the poor performance of the PC release on the players for not whaling enough and not paying enough subscriptions, for which you had to apologize in public shortly after?

The simple fact is that you guys need to prove yourselves to the PC community because you have treated us poorly in the past. And your way to do this is to make us sit on the bench because you want the juicy XBOX one sale profits?

Okay then, you clearly show that you have not changed one bit in all these years. The PC community is still an after-thought to you and you are going to focus on XBOX just like you did on PSO and PSU.

Not falling for this a third time.

LOL

Well, hes not wrong.

My only concern is how they will deal with cheaters and hackers. Cuz thats one of the primary reasons PSU failed here.

Ill wait patiently ofc. Rather play on 4k 100fps with enb reshaders then on a console ticking time bomb. Im a sony guy anyway.

cheaters and hackers will likely be dealt with the same wau as on JP, since they are in charge of the NA version. They will probably also use the same anti-cheat methods. This isn't being handled by SoA, which was pretty incompetent with the series in the past.

I sadly don't own an XBOX since 360 and won't be getting one, unless MS somehow magically gets great japanese exclusives again. Also, I rather play this on PC. Can we get a date for PC, please?

@sKRuBbyD3KbruSh its ok. Ill be playing it on pc for xbox open beta.

Thru a Xbox one emulator.

Lulz