open beta March 17th. get ready

@The-Question said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@IfrianMMO It's nothing to worry about. As a 6+ year Vet all I can say is give it a chance. The game will at most be only one maintenance behind JP on the NA servers. If you don't like it then you can then go back to your original opinion.

I have been playing the series since PSO dreamcast, so 20+ years Vet.

I had to suffer the Western team destroying and mismanaging the series to extremes you would not believe. I wish i could share in your optimism.

Nonetheless, if and since it is a new team, i guess all i can do is wait and see. But it sure feels like we have been here before.

@The-Question Maybe...IDK. I think they will push for a release date. Instead of trying to enjoy the OBT.

@IfrianMMO

I meant 6+ years on just PSO2. But I can say I never played PSO or PSU so I can only go on the basis explained to me by other PSO2 players. Very few of them are from the western community though.

@Toy-Soldier-Ken

Then that will be their loss and our enjoyment.

Sadly no PC still.

I still got to wait. I'm NEVER buyuing an Xbox. Sorry Microsoft.

I'm not affected by it at all. I'll only be affected once I am in game and playing. 🤣

I'm so geeked for it too! Just in time for my birthday. Yeaaaahhhhh!!! ^.^

@Toy-Soldier-Ken

I've played many games where it's released as an OBT and once everything is running as smooth as they'd like they just remove the Beta tag. They've also said there won't be any player wipes between OBT and live so there's really nothing to lose by starting out as soon as OBT drops.

@THEMaryJane

Happy early Birthday! It's awesome you get this news and game for a gift.

@The-Question Thank you!! Best gift ever!!!

@IfrianMMO said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@The-Question said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@IfrianMMO

You are stating facts from the past and under different management. The PSO2 JP Dev team is extremely involved with both the PC and Console community and is always asking for what they would like to see.

As for PC release for NA the community involvement will likely see the same care as Xbox thanks to cross play affecting PC just as much. You can judge things on past experiences if you want but you shouldn't let it affect how things could be now. Those games are very old now and the gaming world has grown much since then.

I am not sure we can actually claim it is "under different management"

PSO2JP devs, as far as i know and have understood, are not all that involved with the Western release and everything is being done and paid for by Microsoft and the Western division, which is not all that different from the past.

And i am to assume that at least some of the people working in the project are previous workers in the franchise, since it makes sense to use people who are still working with the company and have been there in the past, and i am yet to be shown any proof that the staff is as different as some of you claim to be.

Do not get me wrong, if you have that information, do please provide me with it and i will revision my opinion. But so far i am just being told "It´s a different staff" by different people, without being told where that info comes from.

Basically... Sega of America got shut down, some people moved into Atlus USA and plastered the sega logo in the office, some others into the Sonic whatever that do memes, and none of them are managing PSO2NA, translation is not done by Atlus/Sega, it's done by Inbound I believe, who are the ones that translated, at the least, the Portable games, this forum is hosted by microsoft, since we are loging in with our microsoft accounts, soooo yeah, I don't really think anyone from the old Sega is "managing" PSO2NA.

But in any case, other than servers shutting down early, I got a full experience from PSOBB and PSU, they shut down PSU after it completed the main story, and this was all that mattered to me.

@Kedlin313 I've already addressed that. That is a possibility. And if it happens...great.

The stuff I am reading all over the internet about the PC players getting shafted is comical. Damn when people cant get their way or be first in line, the tears start flowing.

XBOX led the way to get this game over West finally. They are first in line. Btw I play the game on PC JP servers.

@landman said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

But in any case, other than servers shutting down early, I got a full experience from PSOBB and PSU, they shut down PSU after it completed the main story, and this was all that mattered to me.

No we did not.

We were two years behind in updates, compared to JP, we missed a ton of events, items, rebalancing, quests, and we never got to see the ending of the Ambition of Illuminus storyline, as it was not even over in JP when the West PC version shut down.

Thank you for the quick recap on the Sega of America stuff though, i had missed some of that.

I used to play on pc but it got very old very fast. PC players have the attention span of a goldfish a month after any games release they're moving on to some other obscure offering from some studio you've never heard of, well for a month at least. Im in no doubt that PSO2 NA on PC will be no different esp. when the vast majority play the jp server anyway. They put the effort into the consoles for good reason... £££$$$ it might actually return a profit unlike the PC client.

@IfrianMMO said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

...and we never got to see the ending of the Ambition of Illuminus storyline, as it was not even over in JP when the West PC version shut down.

Honestly, this hurt more than how both GC, and BB were shut down to me.. but SoA has nothing to do with this game and SoJ is taking this seriously, so I'm more inclined to expect better service at least. With them being contracted by m$ this time, they are actually BOUND by LAW to provide what was paid for.

Based m$ dabbing on nerds. Can't wait to get SE:X, and not a PS5 next gen. See you next PSO2sday, ship 1'ers.

I for one am thankful to be able to play, in full English, next week. Y'all should have known this was happening. IP ban for NAer's on JP when? LOL.