open beta March 17th. get ready

@IfrianMMO said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I am personally going to skip on PSO US/West and just keep playing on JP.

I do own an XBOX ONE, but i personally feel it´s an insult and a disrespect to the PC community,

- You already have a history of bad releases, slow patching and disservice to the PC community.

Remember what happened to PSOBB on PC, with misisng quests, events and an early shut down?

Remember what happened to PSU and PSU AOTI on PC, two years behind in patches and shutdown before the story was even over?

Remember how you officially blamed the poor performance of the PC release on the players for not whaling enough and not paying enough subscriptions, for which you had to apologize in public shortly after?

The simple fact is that you guys need to prove yourselves to the PC community because you have treated us poorly in the past. And your way to do this is to make us sit on the bench because you want the juicy XBOX one sale profits?

Okay then, you clearly show that you have not changed one bit in all these years. The PC community is still an after-thought to you and you are going to focus on XBOX just like you did on PSO and PSU.

Not falling for this a third time.

Or Xbox could have done nothing and the game would still never come out West.

PS4 and PC players for years...:

"Lol Xbox sucks they have nothing exclusive"

When Xbox gets something exclusive...:

"OMG I AM BOYCOTTING THIS GAME I HATE SEGA"

"I'M STAYING ON JP BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY FIRST EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE AN ADVANTAGE WITH MY KNOWLEDGE!"

@The-Question said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@IfrianMMO

You are stating facts from the past and under different management. The PSO2 JP Dev team is extremely involved with both the PC and Console community and is always asking for what they would like to see.

As for PC release for NA the community involvement will likely see the same care as Xbox thanks to cross play affecting PC just as much. You can judge things on past experiences if you want but you shouldn't let it affect how things could be now. Those games are very old now and the gaming world has grown much since then.

I am not sure we can actually claim it is "under different management"

PSO2JP devs, as far as i know and have understood, are not all that involved with the Western release and everything is being done and paid for by Microsoft and the Western division, which is not all that different from the past.

And i am to assume that at least some of the people working in the project are previous workers in the franchise, since it makes sense to use people who are still working with the company and have been there in the past, and i am yet to be shown any proof that the staff is as different as some of you claim to be.

Do not get me wrong, if you have that information, do please provide me with it and i will revision my opinion. But so far i am just being told "It´s a different staff" by different people, without being told where that info comes from.

@IfrianMMO

You are stating facts from the past and under different management. The PSO2 JP Dev team is extremely involved with both the PC and Console community and is always asking for what they would like to see.

As for PC release for NA the community involvement will likely see the same care as Xbox thanks to cross play affecting PC just as much. You can judge things on past experiences if you want but you shouldn't let it affect how things could be now. Those games are very old now and the gaming world has grown much since then.

I just wanted to highlight this as you pretty much said everything I was about to.

I understand being upset about past releases (and heck, I'm sad about PC not being out yet too!), but I feel like your (Ifrian's) post was unnecessarily harsh, especially considering that this is an entirely new development team for this and they've been very active with the community and asking what they think.

There's no reason to completely disregard the effort as a whole just because it's not out the way you want it to be yet. You can want to hold off for now, but the post went way too far.

(I don't know if they are part of JP, but I know the staff here themselves have said it's a different team)

Just look at the staff role's. There are very few people who have remained fromt those days and they are mostly just the programmers and artists.

PSO2JP devs, as far as i know and have understood, are not all that involved with the Western release and everything is being done and paid for by Microsoft and the Western division, which is not all that different from the past.

The PSOJP devs are handling everything for the game, They only outsourced "Western division" for moderation aid, voice acting, and translation staff. The games development and future content and updates are all being handled by the JP team.

And i am to assume that at least some of the people working in the project are previous workers in the franchise, since it makes sense to use people who are still working with the company and have been there in the past, and i am yet to be shown any proof that the staff is as different as some of you claim to be.

Do not get me wrong, if you have that information, do please provide me with it and i will revision my opinion. But so far i am just being told "It´s a different staff" by different people, without being told where that info comes from.

I'm to lazy to go looking for the links again for all that. The only thing I can advise is looking into it yourself if you want verification.

@Meta77 Why were you hoping for the real thing when they have maintained a Spring 2020 release since E3?

@StrumerJohn said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

"I'M STAYING ON JP BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY FIRST EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE AN ADVANTAGE WITH MY KNOWLEDGE!"

I've always had PlayStation, I've also never felt the need to get an Xbox because they've legit never had something I've wanted. As soon as PSO2 was announced for the Spring I went and picked one up. I love it, GamePass Ultimate is far better than any benefits of PS+ and I'm now rethinking my choice of console for Next Gen.

@redPG LOL look at all the media. Seems people are reacting with the same nonsense. Trying to force a release date.

@Toy-Soldier-Ken That's always going to happen until they give a date. It's like that for any game. Most recently like that for Bless Unleashed.

@RocKiee-Kyrosu How are they being ignored? The PC release is also in Spring. Xbox is the only console/system the game has never ran on until now. I think the PC version will have a much easier transition and be ready in Spring 2020 as already confirmed. No need for betas.

Just look at the staff role's. There are very few people who have remained fromt those days and they are mostly just the programmers and artists.

The PSOJP devs are handling everything for the game, They only outsourced "Western division" for moderation aid, voice acting, and translation staff. The games development and future content and updates are all being handled by the JP team.

I'm to lazy to go looking for the links again for all that. The only thing I can advise is looking into it yourself if you want verification.

Thank you very much for this information. It appears i was misinformed and thus my conclusions were rushed and incorrect.

I guess i will have to re-think my position and think what i want to do from hereon forward.

@The-Question I haven't seen it this bad for awhile. People are actually getting mad that they won't release it earlier. I am happy they did the CBT and are doing an OBT. It gives them time to have a successful launch, once it is released. MMOs don't have a great shelf life on XBOX ONE IMO, but if they get this right from the start and continue to do so, this game will. I think that people wanna rush this game in, so when they abandon it, they can make all kinds of excuses why.

@IfrianMMO It's nothing to worry about. As a 6+ year Vet all I can say is give it a chance. The game will at most be only one maintenance behind JP on the NA servers. If you don't like it then you can then go back to your original opinion.

@Toy-Soldier-Ken Yeah I've been keeping an eye on the replies to the PSO2NA tweets. But that is just how things with an MMO community is like. Once they hear more news throughout the week they will simmer down a bit.

@StrumerJohn said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

LMAO SPOT ON!! You just earned a bookmarked post!!