open beta March 17th. get ready

@IfrianMMO said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I am personally going to skip on PSO US/West and just keep playing on JP.

I do own an XBOX ONE, but i personally feel it´s an insult and a disrespect to the PC community,

- You already have a history of bad releases, slow patching and disservice to the PC community.

Remember what happened to PSOBB on PC, with misisng quests, events and an early shut down?

Remember what happened to PSU and PSU AOTI on PC, two years behind in patches and shutdown before the story was even over?

Remember how you officially blamed the poor performance of the PC release on the players for not whaling enough and not paying enough subscriptions, for which you had to apologize in public shortly after?

The simple fact is that you guys need to prove yourselves to the PC community because you have treated us poorly in the past. And your way to do this is to make us sit on the bench because you want the juicy XBOX one sale profits?

Okay then, you clearly show that you have not changed one bit in all these years. The PC community is still an after-thought to you and you are going to focus on XBOX just like you did on PSO and PSU.

Not falling for this a third time.

Lmfao - enjoy being mad then. I for one welcome our new Sega daddies.

You people can laugh all you want, but i simply stated facts.

The previous two Phantasy Star releases on PC were an absolute disaster, as admitted by themselves, so i think it is reasonable to expect them to show some goodwill and desire to do better for the PC community, this time around.

I understand some of you are so anxious and hyped to play PSO2 that you could not care less about any and all criticisms, especially for those based on things that happened when half of the current community was potentially not even alive.

But that does not mean that we do not have a point.

It would have been a wonderful show and a promise of good partnership to release simultaneously this time around. But they decided against it.

It is perfectly fine if you do not care one bit about it and are just happy that you are finally getting PSO2 but there is no need to bootlick against those who are not as happy as you are or that have a bone to pick.

You people can laugh all you want, but i simply stated facts. The previous two Phantasy Star releases on PC were an absolute disaster, as admitted by themselves, so i think it is reasonable to expect them to show some goodwill and desire to do better for the PC community, this time around. I understand some of you are so anxious and hyped to play PSO2 that you could not care less about any and all criticisms, especially for those based on things that happened when half of the current community was potentially not even alive. But that does not mean that we do not have a point. It would have been a wonderful show and a promise of good partnership to release simultaneously this time around. But they decided against it. It is perfectly fine if you do not care one bit about it and are just happy that you are finally getting PSO2 but there is no need to bootlick against those who are not as happy as you are or that have a bone to pick.

I feel like you are like this because you haven't got a chance to play Closed Beta. Who hurt you.

@LapisWave said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

You people can laugh all you want, but i simply stated facts. The previous two Phantasy Star releases on PC were an absolute disaster, as admitted by themselves, so i think it is reasonable to expect them to show some goodwill and desire to do better for the PC community, this time around. I understand some of you are so anxious and hyped to play PSO2 that you could not care less about any and all criticisms, especially for those based on things that happened when half of the current community was potentially not even alive. But that does not mean that we do not have a point. It would have been a wonderful show and a promise of good partnership to release simultaneously this time around. But they decided against it. It is perfectly fine if you do not care one bit about it and are just happy that you are finally getting PSO2 but there is no need to bootlick against those who are not as happy as you are or that have a bone to pick.

I feel like you are like this because you haven't got a chance to play Closed Beta. Who hurt you.

Or perhaps you could take people at face value over what they are saying instead. If you bothered to read what i expressed with an open mind you may find out that there is more to me than what you paint me as.

But i guess it is easier to just bootlick and shoot down anyone who dares cough against something you love.

This is sooner than I expected which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I kind of was hoping just not this month. I'm still more excited than not, but I think PC still being pushed back breaks my heart a bit as I still won't be able to play with my significant other then 😞

@Princesse-Jen I don't think your wait will be to long. I was thinking they will do a CBT cross play test for PC to give them a chance to access the exclusive rewards then do a full release shortly after the beta.

If you bothered to read what i expressed with an open mind you may find out that there is more to me than what you paint me as. But i guess it is easier to just bootlick and shoot down anyone who dares cough against something you love.

You are just passive aggressive and aggressive as one gets. Not trying to be really rude, but you are kind of being extremely unfair since all of the new staffs here are different from old PSO/PSU community.

They've been quite fair about giving Open Beta test release date. Just because PC was not mentioned doesn't mean you had to be really rude.

There are better ways to say it, but also you already rest your case that you are gonna permanently play in JP server. So why bother responding back and try to prove your point? You proved yourself that you don't want to play here with your first sentence. You don't need any more explanation than that. You are just asking for attention like some dude in the middle of Times Square with a big torch flaring around shouting "LOOK AT ME"

@Kedlin313 said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

Anyone with beta experience know how/when we'll potentially be able to download the game please?

You can update the Closed Beta client on March 16th 10am.

@LapisWave said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

If you bothered to read what i expressed with an open mind you may find out that there is more to me than what you paint me as. But i guess it is easier to just bootlick and shoot down anyone who dares cough against something you love.

You are just passive aggressive and aggressive as one gets. Not trying to be really rude, but you are kind of being extremely unfair since all of the new staffs here are different from old PSO/PSU community.

They've been quite fair about giving Open Beta test release date. Just because PC was not mentioned doesn't mean you had to be really rude.

There are better ways to say it, but also you already rest your case that you are gonna permanently play in JP server. So why bother responding back and try to prove your point? You proved yourself that you don't want to play here with your first sentence. You don't need any more explanation than that. You are just asking for attention like some dude in the middle of Times Square with a big torch flaring around shouting "LOOK AT ME"

When i am being laughed at and accused over what i think is a fair point, i feel compelled to answer. If you need to be explained why, it says more about you than it says about me.

Also, do you have actual proof that "all of the staff" is new and that none have worked in previous titles? Where do you get that information from? I am actually curious.

And even if this was true, the company/publisher is still the same, so it has a responsibility.

@The-Question said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@Princesse-Jen I don't think your wait will be to long. I was thinking they will do a CBT cross play test for PC to give them a chance to access the exclusive rewards then do a full release shortly after the beta.

I'm hoping. The trading off (As in I'd log in, then log out and then he'd log in and trying to balance all the Emergency times) was just the worst part of Closed Beta for me.

Just feels extra frustrating when Xbox literally has that whole play on Windows 10 thing anyway. I get it so I'm not like angry or anything, just a bit disappointed right now (though, like I said mostly excited to see it's so close)-- it's been a stressful month though so my feelings are a bit of a mess right now.

Still happy it's so close though. Just really hope PC will be right behind it.

ITS

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

When i am being laughed at and accused over what i think is a fair point, i feel compelled to answer. If you need to be explained why, it says more about you than it says about me. Also, do you have actual proof that "all of the staff" is new and that none have worked in previous titles? Where do you get that information from? I am actually curious. And even if this was true, the company/publisher is still the same, so it has a responsibility.

alt text

No one's really accusing you of anything. You did that to yourself. The entitlement of that original post is quite aggressive and making accusations.

I do own an XBOX ONE, but i personally feel it´s an insult and a disrespect to the PC community,

- You already have a history of bad releases, slow patching and disservice to the PC community.

Remember what happened to PSOBB on PC, with misisng quests, events and an early shut down?

Remember what happened to PSU and PSU AOTI on PC, two years behind in patches and shutdown before the story was even over?

Remember how you officially blamed the poor performance of the PC release on the players for not whaling enough and not paying enough subscriptions, for which you had to apologize in public shortly after?

The simple fact is that you guys need to prove yourselves to the PC community because you have treated us poorly in the past. And your way to do this is to make us sit on the bench because you want the juicy XBOX one sale profits?

Okay then, you clearly show that you have not changed one bit in all these years. The PC community is still an after-thought to you and you are going to focus on XBOX just like you did on PSO and PSU.

Lol @ your reasoning. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

@GamerKillance said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

Lol @ your reasoning. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Can you exactly point where my reasoning fails or is "lol" all you can produce?

I stated facts:

-The previous launches on PC were mismanaged, shut down early and were missing tons of content.

-They accused the PC community for the failure, then had to apologize in public.

These are not opinions, these are not thoughts or interpretations, these two things actually happened.

If you do not think that the PC community deserves some respect and a show of good faith after that, then that is on you.

@IfrianMMO

You are stating facts from the past and under different management. The PSO2 JP Dev team is extremely involved with both the PC and Console community and is always asking for what they would like to see.

As for PC release for NA the community involvement will likely see the same care as Xbox thanks to cross play affecting PC just as much. You can judge things on past experiences if you want but you shouldn't let it affect how things could be now. Those games are very old now and the gaming world has grown much since then.