open beta March 17th. get ready

How good of a PC do you think would be needed for better graphics keeping in mind the game is older?

@Clain said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

How good of a PC do you think would be needed for better graphics keeping in mind the game is older?

All you would really need is a standard dual core CPU and a GPU from 2012 for great graphics on the PC version. For most, that would cost under $200 to upgrade their PC if its hardware was older.

@Ragnawind Ok thats awesome! Thanks for answering :D!

@Clain said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@Ragnawind Ok thats awesome! Thanks for answering :D!

In fact, here are the recommended System Requirements as of June 17, 2019:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06GHz / AMD Athlon II X2 270
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6670 or NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
System Memory: 3 GB RAM

This is the real question is... When Open beta is available in one day. do we have to go to the beta events calendar to accept open beta or do we go directly to the Xbox store?

@BusaKing said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

This is the real question is... When Open beta is available in one day. do we have to go to the beta events calendar to accept open beta or do we go directly to the Xbox store?

Xbox store. If you already played the game it should be under My Games to re-download.

@Ragnawind said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

NA version lists Windows 10 as a requirement. While it's technically possible to run Win10 on Core 2 Duo and 4 gigs of RAM, I would not recommend it. It is currently not confirmed if PSO2 NA would run on older Windows versions.

@Havox3 Dang really? I do have Windows 10 at least

@Havox3 said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

NA version lists Windows 10 as a requirement. While it's technically possible to run Win10 on Core 2 Duo and 4 gigs of RAM, I would not recommend it. It is currently not confirmed if PSO2 NA would run on older Windows versions.

When it releases on Steam, you can use older versions of Windows. Windows 10 is currently only listed for NA, since the initial PC release is exclusive to the Windows 10 Store. Steam release has already been confirmed as well with the manual when it leaked before CBT.

@omgitsbees said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I wish a pre-load was available.

Pre-load is available in 1 day and 12 minutes

Thank you. I know closed beta gets to update, but I didn't see the announcement of a pre-load for those that don't have the client downloaded yet.

When it releases on Steam, you can use older versions of Windows. Windows 10 is currently only listed for NA, since the initial PC release is exclusive to the Windows 10 Store. Steam release has already been confirmed as well with the manual when it leaked before CBT.

Yes but if cross-play is from Xbox and PC I would assume that Steam would be lumped up into that also probably requiring Windows 10. Also everyone should be using Windows 10 by now.

@PhantasyStar369 said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

Yes but if cross-play is from Xbox and PC I would assume that Steam would be lumped up into that also probably requiring Windows 10. Also everyone should be using Windows 10 by now.

They can't really, especially since the client itself is not Windows 10 exclusive and you can also still crossplay with Steam games on other consoles. A notable example would be MineCraft(my niece plays this with one of her school friends where one is on PC and the other is on PS4 and they can both play together and my niece who is on the PS4 was also able to use their Microsoft account to play the game), which has been owned by Microsoft for years now. With Windows Store downloads, they aren't downloaded, installed and run like typical apps, but Steam does have games that download and run like typical apps.

I didn't get an XB1 until after the closed beta. Currently the store isn't showing any results for the game when I look for it. So the question is when it will those that didn't do the closed beta be able to add it to library so it pre-loads?

@Ukyo-Sonoda it wont be up until tomorrow, mid afternoon.

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I didn't get an XB1 until after the closed beta. Currently the store isn't showing any results for the game when I look for it. So the question is when it will those that didn't do the closed beta be able to add it to library so it pre-loads?

It goes live on the store March 16 at 10AM PDT.