open beta March 17th. get ready

@redPG said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@Aviarei said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I'm a bit disappointed the PC release isn't having an Open Beta along with XBox One, and I can understand the sentiments of "not wanting to miss out on the first few days" of everything, or feeling like you won't ever catch up because you started late, but as someone who waited 3 years before coming to the conclusion that PSO2 NA was never going to happen before jumping on the JP servers, and being 3 years behind, I still managed to make friends, catch up, and get all the latest stuff. And that's me being 3 years behind the vast majority of the playerbase in 2015- Yeah, it sucks not being able to run out of the gates with the XBox One players, but in a sense there'll still be something like that with the PC release too- I've waited this long, and even gave up waiting too before the news I was never expecting to come actually came, but what's just a little more time?

I only started in 2017 and I have 6 classes at 95 and the rest at 90 with alot if affixed gear and rare items. I think PC players who played on JP have a great advantage no matter when they are let in. The knowledge of knowing exactly what to actually be doing in the game. It'll be so easy to "catch up".

Yeah in that sense, it will be easier for us to "catch up" than other PC players that are starting fresh! I guess that sort of concern lies with them much more than us, and it's definitely a valid concern I think. "A little more time" for me or you isn't so bad, but for fresh players it'll be more of a gap.

So sad i am not in North America for the open beta. I don't think New Zealand will ever get this game sadly. But it looks so so so awesome. I've been seeing the footage from the closed beta. Looks like one of the most in depth and feature rich mmo's to come along in ages. I hope everyone has fun with it ❤

@JinxysKaru its not region locked. Just play it.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@JinxysKaru its not region locked. Just play it.

Oh wow that is seriously the best news I have heard all week. !!! #hypppppe!!!

@JinxysKaru Only the closed beta was NA, but I do think some non NA people found work arounds to play it. There was a twitter post awhile back that stated there is no plans to region lock it. Super excited as I love meeting people from all over the world!

@JinxysKaru you just have to change your region in the xbox language and regional settings. Buying premium content will have a few more steps though as you'll need to add a USA address and purchase USA prepaid xbox cards.

@RocKiee-Kyrosu said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@BusterNewman said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

There are certain people in this thread, that really need to chill.

I do not understand the entitled mindset of some people at all. Everything that Microsoft have said since E3 (as far as I can see) is happening within the outlined time frame. There hasn't been any surprises or major alterations in what was originally planned.

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1216039123355455489 alt text Entitled? They have always been clear how they're doing it? lol no.

That image is just one example(response to someone wondering if PC in CBT) of many, that they have never been consistent with making it clear - when PC is coming or not.

So they only have themselves to blame, that they have now got lots of people looking for answers to where is PC. And no, it is not being "entitled" wanting to know when PC release even is. ("Spring" is too vague and just makes possible for people to assume worst, like say up to a month+ after Xbox)

https://twitter.com/search?q=beta testing (from%3Aplay_pso2)&src=typed_query

^Some reply tweets* where said beta testing period was exclusive to Xbox One(well two-ish of them), though again - a vague PC "coming in spring/launching later"... If actually are launching same time... why are they being quiet about it and letting people jump to worst scenario? Just keeps looking like some poor information handling, especially with their last response to people asking about PC(yesterday~):

"we are working on getting PC players some news as soon as possible." ... https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1237167798222082048

*Reply/response tweets... another thing that is annoying, they should of said this stuff in proper tweets/announcements.

Yes, entitled. The game is free to play.

They have been clear, they have said Spring 2020 the whole time for PC release - they continue to say this. I see no poor information handling. What I see is people being impatient because one platform is getting the game slightly ahead of another.

Look on the bright side, when it comes to PC at least you won't have to pay a Gold subscription to play.

@Ragnawind xbox one series x will be using a custom gpu that sits about 98% in line with a 1080ti. Link a 1080ti for 120 lol, hell, link one under 300. And the custom cpu is Zen 2. As a PC player myself, gotta applaud the new consoles specs and the prices they put them at.

@gO-BeWarned said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@Ragnawind xbox one series x will be using a custom gpu that sits about 98% in line with a 1080ti. Link a 1080ti for 120 lol, hell, link one under 300. And the custom cpu is Zen 2. As a PC player myself, gotta applaud the new consoles specs and the prices they put them at.

You still don't need such high end grapgics for most games. They might be nice to look at, but are by no means a requirement to play or enjoy a game, especially not one with such low spec requirements as this. Even then, just like with current consoles and the ones of the past generations, they won't even utilize the full capabilities of the hardware, since it would require heavy levels of customization and optimization of each game to do so, since it is NOT as simple as on PC.

You are not prepared.

Neither am I.

The stress... must zen out, relax, play farming simulator, watch grass grow....

I wish a pre-load was available.

@omgitsbees said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I wish a pre-load was available.

Pre-load is available in 1 day and 12 minutes

switches auto deposit of paycheck from bethesdas bank account to sega