open beta March 17th. get ready

All the people boycotting the game I guess either changed their mind or aren't boycotting the forums lmao

Hype is real. Gonna pull another 31 hour.

There are certain people in this thread, that really need to chill.

I do not understand the entitled mindset of some people at all. Everything that Microsoft have said since E3 (as far as I can see) is happening within the outlined time frame. There hasn't been any surprises or major alterations in what was originally planned. They've even said on the official twitter PC release is "later in Spring" (I've deactivated my twitter account so can't get to the exact tweet at the moment).

Can I just point out as well that this is still a relatively regional release? If anyone is being "left behind" it's those of us outside of the NA region. Sure, the game isn't region blocked & sure all we have to do is set our Xbox to a different region but there's no guarantee that will always be the case and still no mention of a EU/AU release.

I'm just very excited by what's happening with the release & making the most of it while I can.

@StrumerJohn said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

All the people boycotting the game I guess either changed their mind or aren't boycotting the forums lmao

Oh that is how 90% of them are. "Oh this game sucks I'm never going to play it" but magically they spend all their time on the forums and still somehow know what is happening with the game.

I'll not be surprised if pc releases same time as xbox... PC has released twice already, when it goes live it's gonna be smooth. Xbox is new hardware. They need to focus on getting that finely tuned and polished for the full release. The PC client, given.that it will be pulling the same data from the same locations means it'll work fine. No need for extra work for the team to be giving themselves .

@BusterNewman said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

There are certain people in this thread, that really need to chill.

I do not understand the entitled mindset of some people at all. Everything that Microsoft have said since E3 (as far as I can see) is happening within the outlined time frame. There hasn't been any surprises or major alterations in what was originally planned.

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1216039123355455489 alt text Entitled? They have always been clear how they're doing it? lol no.

That image is just one example(response to someone wondering if PC in CBT) of many, that they have never been consistent with making it clear - when PC is coming or not.

So they only have themselves to blame, that they have now got lots of people looking for answers to where is PC. And no, it is not being "entitled" wanting to know when PC release even is. ("Spring" is too vague and just makes possible for people to assume worst, like say up to a month+ after Xbox)

https://twitter.com/search?q=beta testing (from%3Aplay_pso2)&src=typed_query

^Some reply tweets* where said beta testing period was exclusive to Xbox One(well two-ish of them), though again - a vague PC "coming in spring/launching later"... If actually are launching same time... why are they being quiet about it and letting people jump to worst scenario? Just keeps looking like some poor information handling, especially with their last response to people asking about PC(yesterday~):

"we are working on getting PC players some news as soon as possible." ... https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1237167798222082048

*Reply/response tweets... another thing that is annoying, they should of said this stuff in proper tweets/announcements.

I'm a bit disappointed the PC release isn't having an Open Beta along with XBox One, and I can understand the sentiments of "not wanting to miss out on the first few days" of everything, or feeling like you won't ever catch up because you started late, but as someone who waited 3 years before coming to the conclusion that PSO2 NA was never going to happen before jumping on the JP servers, and being 3 years behind, I still managed to make friends, catch up, and get all the latest stuff. And that's me being 3 years behind the vast majority of the playerbase in 2015- Yeah, it sucks not being able to run out of the gates with the XBox One players, but in a sense there'll still be something like that with the PC release too- I've waited this long, and even gave up waiting too before the news I was never expecting to come actually came, but what's just a little more time?

@Aviarei said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I'm a bit disappointed the PC release isn't having an Open Beta along with XBox One, and I can understand the sentiments of "not wanting to miss out on the first few days" of everything, or feeling like you won't ever catch up because you started late, but as someone who waited 3 years before coming to the conclusion that PSO2 NA was never going to happen before jumping on the JP servers, and being 3 years behind, I still managed to make friends, catch up, and get all the latest stuff. And that's me being 3 years behind the vast majority of the playerbase in 2015- Yeah, it sucks not being able to run out of the gates with the XBox One players, but in a sense there'll still be something like that with the PC release too- I've waited this long, and even gave up waiting too before the news I was never expecting to come actually came, but what's just a little more time?

i mean, people didnt have gameplans that included dominating the economy on the jp version, it just happened. this is a bit different.

@MEGAF1UX said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@Beyond-Eternia said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

My main platform is PC, but I can't wait to dive in on the xbox one x. It plays and looks pretty good on it. Love this game!

the fact that you own an xb1x makes me SERIOUSLY doubt your main platform is pc. there has been absolutely no reason what-so-ever to own an xbox at all for years if you own a pc, YET you have an xb1x.. doesnt add up.

My main gaming platform is PC, but I am going to play PSO2 on Xbox one. As I said before.. Some people just enjoy playing games on different platforms at times.

They really should go back to "an ad in a game magazine a year in advance" being the only communication before release.

The devs are under no obligation to communicate any information to anyone outside their company, they probably have signed contracts to the effect that they are forbidden to release information not approved, etc.

So, yes, demanding that they tell you anything they haven't already said is entitled.

@IfrianMMO said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@The-Question said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

@IfrianMMO It's nothing to worry about. As a 6+ year Vet all I can say is give it a chance. The game will at most be only one maintenance behind JP on the NA servers. If you don't like it then you can then go back to your original opinion.

I have been playing the series since PSO dreamcast, so 20+ years Vet.

I had to suffer the Western team destroying and mismanaging the series to extremes you would not believe. I wish i could share in your optimism.

Nonetheless, if and since it is a new team, i guess all i can do is wait and see. But it sure feels like we have been here before.

There should be a screenshot of the credits from the CBT somewhere....I'm sure someone has them.

I guess it's due time to gather up on all my snacks, soda, and quick meals. Because I'm not going to leave the house for a while...

WE OUT HERE IN THESE OBT STREETS

@Aviarei said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I only started in 2017 and I have 6 classes at 95 and the rest at 90 with alot if affixed gear and rare items. I think PC players who played on JP have a great advantage no matter when they are let in. The knowledge of knowing exactly what to actually be doing in the game. It'll be so easy to "catch up".