open beta March 17th. get ready

Man this forum sucks on mobile.

@Joflop said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I sadly don't own an XBOX since 360 and won't be getting one, unless MS somehow magically gets great japanese exclusives again. Also, I rather play this on PC. Can we get a date for PC, please?

They aren't going to mention PC at all until at least open beta starts or official release so that more sheeple run out and buy an xbox for the month its "exclusive" before switching back to pc.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

I sadly don't own an XBOX since 360 and won't be getting one, unless MS somehow magically gets great japanese exclusives again. Also, I rather play this on PC. Can we get a date for PC, please?

They aren't going to mention PC at all until at least open beta starts or official release so that more sheeple run out and buy an xbox for the month its "exclusive" before switching back to pc.

i HATE to think of it that way (because the console is a confirmed failure), but i cant say youre wrong.

pissing on PC player so Xbox gets a bigger splash.

@SpookyOh said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

There is no close date listed for the open beta and in my years of gaming. No Open beta has ever suddenly closed and gone "wait a month to play again!" Has always been open beta, patch to full game. Maybe a day or two downtime. Super excited to get back in!

I was going to @ all the GMs and thank them for their hard work >.> but then I was like.. maybe that is a bad idea while they are busy. So to any GM whom can read this... THANK YOU!

thumbs up.gif

i mean.. there will be ALOT of people celebrating. nothing to do with pso 2, but alot of celebrating just the same.

@coldreactive said in March 17th another most exciting day:

Sadly no PC still.

That's sad for reals. I have everything but an xbone, and I don't want to do the translation patch thing.

I hope PC players don't have to wait too long, but excited to get back to my darling pets!

I assume we're going live March 17th to avoid clashing with a certain duo of games (cutting it close though) - but in a nice way everyone gets something for their systems next week I guess!

@coldreactive said in March 17th another most exciting day:

Sadly no PC still.

That's sad for reals. I have everything but an xbone, and I don't want to do the translation patch thing.

The only problematic thing is you needing to use the PSO2 Tweaker every time you want to launch the game. As well as nProtect and the Kanji CAPTCHA to signup / sign-in to your sega ID on the sega website (If you need to change your account/etc.) Otherwise the game's login system is fine.

I stopped playing PSO2JP myself since I found what I wanted to be/do as a class, and would rather wait for the NA release on PC. I'm going to be a good little boy and do such, playing other games in the meantime. Like getting more and more gil on alts in FFXIV.

I hope we at least get some INFORMATION about PC's schedule soon, rather than nothing at all, despite Xbox releasing first. I wanted to subscribe to premium already, but I guess I'll need a character in the game first before I can.

The thing is, even if this is a completely new staff, i highly doubt they have not informed themselves about how the previous iterations of the games did on the West and what things caused them to fail on the PC platform.

Therefore, it is still extremely irresponsible of them, to give PC community the silent treatment and a delay.

I mean, let us face it, this is Phantasy Star Online, a game we all love, but that it is not necessarily mainstream. This is not the 2nd coming of WoW and FFXIV with a playerbase that willl average 5 million players.

This is a game that, being generous, will average 25k active players by the end of the year. There is nothing wrong with it, but it cannot really afford to antagonize a part of the community.

Or it will end up going the same way PSU did.

Some of you think that those of us who criticize Sega/Microsoft for some of their decisions, do it out of hatred or out of entitlement or out of a desire to troll, but you fail to realize that a lot of us are simply very old fans who want this game to succeed where it previously failed.

I know it´s easier to just blame us and attack us and disregard us as "crying babies" but then again, this is not the first time we have been told such things, yet in the past we were right about what we were saying.

Pray that, this time around, we are not.

@IfrianMMO said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

Some of you think that those of us who criticize Sega/Microsoft for some of their decisions, do it out of hatred or out of entitlement or out of a desire to troll, but you fail to realize that a lot of us are simply very old fans who want this game to succeed where it previously failed.

mmmh-hmmmm

i DO think it will crack 250k though. gotta consider whats already there in jp server plus NA .

@MEGAF1UX said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

mmmh-hmmmm

i DO think it will crack 250k though. gotta consider whats already there in jp server plus NA .

Oh, i was referring exclusively to the Western community, and that is by the end of the year.

I am sure we will see great and impressive numbers for the first few months, but let us not forget that it is probably the highest quality FREE mmorpg available on the XBOX at the time of launch so a ton of people will try it because they have nothing to lose.

And i am sure Microsoft will use the chance to make claims like "Two million registered users" and whatnot.

But a few months down the line, when it is no longer the "new hot thing" to play, the numbers will dwindle considerably.

@MEGAF1UX said in open beta March 17th. get ready:

mmmh-hmmmm

Oh, i was referring exclusively to the Western community, and that is by the end of the year.

I am sure we will see great and impressive numbers for the first few months, but let us not forget that it is probably the highest quality FREE mmorpg available on the XBOX at the time of launch so a ton of people will try it because they have nothing to lose.

And i am sure Microsoft will use the chance to make claims like "Two million registered users" and whatnot.

But a few months down the line, when it is no longer the "new hot thing" to play, the numbers will dwindle considerably.

watch it cannibalize warframe AND black desert online.

microsoft makes that nonsensical claim about everything anymore because they count all the people who have gamepass as legit sales.

im honestly not sure how it will do long term, if microsoft continues this generations tendency of having trash exclusives i think it will do okay until the ps5 comes out (i pity anyone who plans to buy another microsoft console considering all their exclusives are on pc anyways).

@MEGAF1UX How is console a confirmed failure?

@FluffyShinobi because PC master race