I think we need more Meseta Bots

Just thinking how ironic it is that the worst thing right now in the game is how many bots come in and spam the same thing over and over, and here in the forum it isn't any different.

I think we need to relax and cool it for a bit, there are more then plenty of threads dedicated to topics like this. Sega is aware, and they are going to try and get rid of them, that is what the last big post was about. We need to have some faith and patience. That's all.

On a side note, I ended up creating a Gundam like Cast that I named Mesetabot RX-79, And filled his symbol art with meseta/shop inspired symbol art. We can't take things to seriously, just blacklist them and get back to enjoying the game. If your on a heavy filled block, maybe take a break and jump somewhere else? Can you imagine the GM's having to shift through hundreds of these meseta bot/or size request. All in all, lets just take it a little bit more mature.

It's as simple as blocking China, really. Why they're dancing around the issue so much is what's maddening.

@MisterJaySnek said in I think we need more Meseta Bots:

It's as simple as blocking China, really. Why they're dancing around the issue so much is what's maddening.

I assume they'd be able to get around a region block with any number of VPNs, it might be effective for a day or two but bot anti-bot measures will always be an arms race with no100% effective solution.

Region locks don't stop bots, never has. Assuming it was the sole reason it stopped the ones the JP version had is simply incorrect. The JP players did something apparently nobody else seems to grasp in the west, they didn't buy any meseta.

@Lemon-Sama That is a good point. I think the way the market items availability (fresh finds, mission pass) made it so AC values where worth more thus making more people feel the need to spend meseta on items.

That's probably part of it, but I think it's also just a matter of it being seen as a more acceptable thing in NA than JP among players (though most are against it, all you need is a few people to be fine with it to support the bots' operating costs).

FFXIV had similar issues, where it took a real long time for them to rein in gil sellers (still not solved, but much better than before), because gil sellers just really weren't that common on JP servers, so the devs didn't see it as a big issue until later on. And gil in FFXIV is used for a lot less things that matter than meseta is (and not really any time-gated fashion to buy, since most of the time-gated stuff is giveaways for holidays), but people still buy it.

Be careful with that alt lol Someone got permabanned without possibility of appeal because they were spamming their own RMT bot parody text and got reported.

You need to get the "Meseta Moneybags" title for your CAST.

@ApollosAmour Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't spam symbol art, I only use it at the beginning or end of a urgent quest/ advance quest. Though funny story I was 1st on the urgent quest and dropped a beacon and i had getting rare weapons and I typed buy meseta. The speed of which players turned away from the beacon was pretty funny. Though that same game i ended up reviving 10 players with a moon but got killed by Nyau, lol. Yeah I manly use that alt for the weeklies only.

@ERICK001BC said in I think we need more Meseta Bots:

@ApollosAmour Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't spam symbol art, I only use it at the beginning or end of a urgent quest/ advance quest. Though funny story I was 1st on the urgent quest and dropped a beacon and i had getting rare weapons and I typed buy meseta. The speed of which players turned away from the beacon was pretty funny. Though that same game i ended up reviving 10 players with a moon but got killed by Nyau, lol. Yeah I manly use that alt for the weeklies only.

I'm utterly horrified!!!!

How on Earth do you get killed by Nyau!!??

Without the meseta bots we wouldnt have the "Congratulations 1,000,000 Arks!", their spam is annoying but SEGA needs them to reach certain milestones and show the company and investors great statistics.

People should be smart enough to not go on those sites anyways, SEGA is aware of the situation but just look at the revenues instead.

All of those threads constantly confuse me "ALL MMOS HAVE BOTS! GET OVER IT! BLOCK AND IGNORE!".

No... no they do not. Like "maybe" if you only play F2P mmos all day sure. Even then, I don't think I've ever seen a bot problem as bad as this game.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Some have taken precautions, but they've been pretty prevalent in the ones I've played, even with paywalls. I will say the PSO2 ones are the most aggressive so far though.

@ApollosAmour I've personally seen other games that have more aggressive bots than PSO2.

That said, PSO2's bots have become MORE annoying by comparison because of /toge which gets extremely infuriating

@Chrono-Pinoy-X Yeah, /toge makes it a lot worse. It's actually kind of funny that they became privy to that lmao I wonder what their sales look like with that sort of business model.