Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?

@ApollosAmour Zenny isn't trying to spread misinformation like Guardian is.

For examples, their mention of lalafells having censorship in FFXIV? They don't. Lalafells got the bees knees emote (a dance used by club dancers in game) which is exactly the same as the other races. Their skimpy outfits such as bikinis and swimsuits are the same as other races as well. So you can be a lalafell wearing a bikini that is very comparable to the outlandish swimwear in PSO2 and perform a provocative dance.

Their reasoning with the censorship being due to US law has also been shown to be false, yet they try to instill fear that the uncensored version would get the game cancelled.

As for why a lot of players don't come here, there are two main reasons that I can think of: either they are unaware of the censorship (which is natural with censorship, since having the majority of players knowing about it would kind of defeat the purpose of censoring in the first place) or they don't believe feedback amounts to anything. I feel that things would be different if people were aware of the censorship and if they believed feedback worked (which I do believe it does).

Part of me would like to see Sega do something like an in-game survey on the state of the game and asked questions like how people feel about censorship (a level requirement of 50 is probably needed to prevent people from making new accounts repeatedly). I doubt they would do it however.

Imagine still using the disproved(like 50 times) legality issue defending the censorship.. How new do you have to be. We've even had actual judges weigh in on this. And feel free to use a site where you can talk to lawyers- or those trained in law for help understanding said law. Might surprise some of you.

Either way- haven't heard any reasons arguing for the censorship besides the legality issue(of which there isn't) and so people can't make "gross" characters (which they still could- if they wanted. So again- not really a good point)

But there is many reasons to be against it... And others just want a reason for it- or an acknowledgement of it. Until that exists- these threads will still be the most active on every site. Whether they help the situation or are ignored doesn't matter in the end. It's just a popular topic that can never die.

@Guardian said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

@Yin said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

@Guardian Please read the definition for "sexually explicit conduct" and "minor". There is nothing that falls under both of those definitions in the JP version of PSO2.

I very much think that video I linked, which apparently is something you wish to do @Yin very much constitutes as "Sexuall explicit conduct of a minor"

Thus the censorship.

This isnt Japan, where its acceptable. If you want it so badly, mod it in, or go live in Japan, or just play the JP Client like half the NA playerbase is doing.

When did I ever say I wish to do that? Please don't make baseless accusations.

And once again, READ THE DEFINITIONS FROM THE VERY SITE YOU PROVIDED: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2256#2_A

The law is very specific on how terms are defined. You don't get to define the terms however you feel like to fit your argument.

You are admitting to wanting to do that every time you try to go against the censorship, spite all the facts given to you on why the censorship is there in the first place.

You can already make really small characters. But you want more, and for what reason other than the removal of the chest size limiter? Its so apparent on what you and most who wants the restrictions gone want it just makes me pity you on your way of thinking which goes against not only our morals, but our laws as well.

How so? Either your conclusion doesn't follow from your premises or your premises are factually incorrect. Please try using some of that logic that you keep talking about.

I've stated time and time again that I just want the same content that JP has. The same content we were promised. I've made no mention on whether I find parts of that content distasteful or not, nor what parts of that content that I personally want, nor my reasons for wanting that content. So for you to draw a conclusion about what my motives are would be foolish at best.

And once again, unless you have a different law that you want to bring up, the one you did bring up does not apply in this circumstance. That is evident if you read the definitions for the terms used.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

Imagine still using the disproved(like 50 times) legality issue defending the censorship.. How new do you have to be. We've even had actual judges weigh in on this. And feel free to use a site where you can talk to lawyers- or those trained in law for help understanding said law. Might surprise some of you.

Either way- haven't heard any reasons arguing for the censorship besides the legality issue(of which there isn't) and so people can't make "gross" characters (which they still could- if they wanted. So again- not really a good point)

But there is many reasons to be against it... And others just want a reason for it- or an acknowledgement of it. Until that exists- these threads will still be the most active on every site. Whether they help the situation or are ignored doesn't matter in the end. It's just a popular topic that can never die.

Actually their has been other reasons, and the biggest reason of all.

The business reason.

But you keep ignoring that because you too have that.....want, that diabolical urge the reason you want the censorship removed to be able to do thus why you ignore all the other reasons, including the biggest one which is the almighty dollar.

@Guardian Please read the definition for "sexually explicit conduct" and "minor". There is nothing that falls under both of those definitions in the JP version of PSO2.

I very much think that video I linked, which apparently is something you wish to do @Yin very much constitutes as "Sexuall explicit conduct of a minor"

Thus the censorship.

This isnt Japan, where its acceptable. If you want it so badly, mod it in, or go live in Japan, or just play the JP Client like half the NA playerbase is doing.

When did I ever say I wish to do that? Please don't make baseless accusations.

And once again, READ THE DEFINITIONS FROM THE VERY SITE YOU PROVIDED: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2256#2_A

The law is very specific on how terms are defined. You don't get to define the terms however you feel like to fit your argument.

You are admitting to wanting to do that every time you try to go against the censorship, spite all the facts given to you on why the censorship is there in the first place.

You can already make really small characters. But you want more, and for what reason other than the removal of the chest size limiter? Its so apparent on what you and most who wants the restrictions gone want it just makes me pity you on your way of thinking which goes against not only our morals, but our laws as well.

How so? Either your conclusion doesn't follow from your premises or your premises are factually incorrect. Please try using some of that logic that you keep talking about.

I've stated time and time again that I just want the same content that JP has. The same content we were promised. I've made no mention on whether I find parts of that content distasteful or not, nor what parts of that content that I personally want, nor my reasons for wanting that content.

And once again, unless you have a different law that you want to bring up, the one you did bring up does not apply in this circumstance. That is evident if you read the definitions for the terms used.

But you already have the same content JP has. You just, cant create child-like characters.

Thus we have to question your ulterior motive here......very very suspicious.

@Guardian There is no business reason. The game won't suddenly crash because they uncensor the game.

The business reason.

But you keep ignoring that because you too have that.....want, that diabolical urge the reason you want the censorship removed to be able to do thus why you ignore all the other reasons, including the biggest one which is the almighty dollar.

Whats the business reason? Don't think i've heard that one. You think PSO2 would make less money if it wasn't censored? Are you daft? Or just trolling?

PSO2 is a niche game that thrives on fashion. It it was left untouched it would have the same community- the same players- the same whales. And- it would get my money. Which it isn't getting because I am not supporting a version of a game the same way I support the JP version when it's inferior. And many people have decided to stick with JP because of this change. There is no one who is going to WOW I WANT TO PLAY PSO2- but the characters can be short!. SO I REFUSE... If they made the characters a few inches taller... I would support it!..

Yeah- you're crazy. That's just complete idiocy if that is what you're assuming.

The business reason.

Whats the business reason? Don't think i've heard that one. You think PSO2 would make less money if it wasn't censored? Are you daft? Or just trolling?

PSO2 is a niche game that thrives on fashion. It it was left untouched it would have the same community- the same players- the same whales. And- it would get my money. Which it isn't getting because I am not supporting a version of a game the same way I support the JP version when it's inferior. And many people have decided to stick with JP because of this change. There is no one who is going to WOW I WANT TO PLAY PSO2- but the characters can be short!. SO I REFUSE... If they made the characters a few inches taller... I would support it!..

Yeah- you're crazy. That's just complete idiocy if that is what you're assuming.

Please refrain from insults please.

The reason is, if they remove the restrictions, they would have to censor and even remove most of the outfits. We all know what sells the most ARKS bucks is the Waifu costumes.

So you have a choice, remove restrictions to create your......dream....girl..... thus censoring all the outfits so you cant sexualize your....dream.....girl. Or we keep the restrictions and keep our uncensored outfits.

But you already have the same content JP has. You just, cant create child-like characters.

No, we dont have the same content as JP. We are missing various customization options, story cut scenes, item flavor text, ect. Some due to censorship, and others due to lazyness(?). To claim that we have the same content as JP is factually wrong.

You do not need the ability to make little girls.

you still didn realise that you can create characters as short as 1 meter in game? its already in the game the height restriction is a huge bug that needed to be addressed....the auxiliaries can be so small and dressed "sexy" hence why all the things youre saying and claiming dont make any sense

No, we dont have the same content as JP. We are missing various customization options, story cut scenes, item flavor text, ect. Some due to censorship, and others due to lazyness(?). To claim that we have the same content as JP is factually wrong.

Are those customization options extremely lewd? The story cut scenes did they involved a naked minor or two? Cuz I know about those, and yes, they go against our laws.

So you want the content that...........can be viewed as sexualizing minors? I see.........

@MoldyAsp33874 Sega gets paid at the end of the day, so you're still supporting the decision in the long-run. But I will say that if JP suits you more, then I think that's great and you should choose whichever version makes you the most happy.

The business reason.

Please refrain from insults please.

The reason is, if they remove the restrictions, they would have to censor and even remove most of the outfits. We all know what sells the most ARKS bucks is the Waifu costumes.

So you have a choice, remove restrictions to create your......dream....girl..... thus censoring all the outfits so you cant sexualize your....dream.....girl. Or we keep the restrictions and keep our uncensored outfits.

Why would they have to do that? No.
Is this your misunderstood legality issue coming into play again?

Lewd outfits were never the problem- nor was height. Sega seems to be taking a stance against "young" characters- completely hypocritical to their own games main plotline- as Matoi is 15 in eps 1-3 and shows pretty much bare breasts. So if any cosmetic was going to be censored it would be those with young connotations like the school swimsuit(which is missing despite us getting the same scratch it normally would be in) the randoseru backpack. and the many dozens of humanoid minisuits(which are also missing)

So I mean- they could easily have still censored cosmetics anyway.

@JuggernautGTX said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

You do not need the ability to make little girls.

you still didn realise that you can create characters as short as 1 meter in game? its already in the game the height restriction is a huge bug that needed to be addressed....the auxiliaries can be so small and dressed "sexy" hence why all the things youre saying and claiming dont make any sense

I was not aware you could make this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=TFGf9bGO2kg&feature=emb_logo

Cuz if you could, I would see that, and worse.

Basically, you cant. Because, restrictions.

Also, can you make Auxiliaries do a chair or pole dance? No? So it does not matter.

Next please.

@Yin Are the cut Oracle scenes the ones related to the Matter Board? No one's clarified thus far. The only other scene I'm aware of is the one in EP4.