Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?

@Michelle said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

It's impressive how many people want the censorship removed.

The thing is, these polls and threads don't really prove anything. The fact of the matter is that most people are neutral about the censorship, even those that are "for" it (just to clarify, I don't think anyone is actually pro-censorship, they just understand why it's used in this case and are fine with it). Hell, I doubt most NA players even know about it at all.

The vocal minority are those that are rallying with their dying breath to voice how wrong it is, even to the point of filing a complaint to the FTC about it. The fact of the matter is that nobody else is that passionate about the issue, so it makes sense that it will seem much more pressing than it actually is because there's no real competition on the matter.

The closest we've gotten to that are people like myself and others that don't want to see Sega coddle dishonest people that are in it for dishonest reasons, but I think even we are in the minority of players as well. This drama isn't as important as any of us like to think.

@ApollosAmour said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

The thing is, these polls and threads don't really prove anything. The fact of the matter is that most people are neutral about the censorship, even those that are "for" it (just to clarify, I don't think anyone is actually pro-censorship, they just understand why it's used in this case and are fine with it). Hell, I doubt most NA players even know about it at all.

The vocal minority are those that are rallying with their dying breath to voice how wrong it is, even to the point of filing a complaint to the FTC about it. The fact of the matter is that nobody else is that passionate about the issue, so it makes sense that it will seem much more pressing than it actually is because there's no real competition on the matter.

The closest we've gotten to that are people like myself and others that don't want to see Sega coddle dishonest people that are in it for dishonest reasons, but I think even we are in the minority of players as well. This drama isn't as important as any of us like to think.

Surely the majority of players don't mind the censorship- as they continue to play the game. Even those that want it gone- continue to play. The majority by far- likely 90% of players either don't know it exists or don't care that it exists. But even so- if you forced a questionnaire with a single question in-game people had to answer before continuing to play with "Do you want more, less, or the same amount of restrictions you currently have for character customization?" - more freedom or the same amount- You can be sure that the vast majority of players would appreciate being able to do more. Everyone should want more content rather than less content. The cut scenes don't bother me as much- as if you actually cared about those(awful) scenes.. you can watch them somewhere else without missing anything fundamentally... But to restrict the creator from the get-go for everyone... and not acknowledge it- is really dishonest and maybe downright rude. It makes people fear for future censorship- which will continue to exist.. And spiral further and further to seperate the version we(the players) want from what we will be getting. Sure- NG is right around the corner so maybe they had this in mind..

But that just begs the question- will NG be the same as JPs version? Or are they acclimating us to expect censorship in even the new title for reasons?

@MoldyAsp33874 I think there's still a fair bit of context to that though. Reducing it to a black and white perspective would 100% garner a majority "no censorship" or "I don't care" response, but with the (likely) reasoning attached, I feel those numbers might change. NG will most likely reflect PSO2 global, while NG JP will reflect PSO2 JP.

@HarmlessSyan said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

@SusyStars Bans don't work on these forums, that is already their 2nd+ account - their last one banned https://forum.pso2.com/user/iamcraig

I was banned for cursing out someone for making a transphobic remark actually, which lead to the thread being locked 😃

But then again, you and a lot of other posters in here have been nothing but disingenuous with your arguments against 'censorship', so I'm not sure what I was expecting.

edit: Sort of like the theoretical questionnaire posed by Moldyasp, which makes it sound like more than height has been restricted.

It should read "Do you want scenes with 16 years old or younger characters in the nude uncensored from here on out?"

The best solution for everyone now, and for the future, is to remove the height restriction.

@MoldyAsp33874 Some people continue to play the game until their premium expires so they don't feel like they (completely) wasted their money. I think it's also because the game can be addicting like other similar games and it leaves a person with a love/hate relationship with it.

@ApollosAmour said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

What are you talking about? Polls prove nothing? Dishonest people?

But here if only you who keep hijacking this thread... You and that other user craigsomething I don't want to tag him.

@Michelle The pool is too small and mostly comprised of people passionate about the censorship, which is why they're not going to garner even results. It's more of a roll call for people angry about the changes on the forums rather than a poll representing a large sample size of players (who, like I said, would more than likely be neutral). The dishonesty comes from what I mentioned in the other thread.

This thread was hijacked long before I posted and I stopped talking about the "why" after the OP asked us not to. I was responding to your post about the poll, which I think is fair.

Lemme tag him for you @IAMCRAIG-0

im surprised that nobody made a change.org for removing the censorship.

@ApollosAmour So, since you are so good and you spend all your free time making trouble for us, why not ask SEGA to create an official poll? Please help us. We are looking for a definitive solution.

@Michelle Why would I make one? You guys have already filed a claim with the FTC, made multiple polls, and are now talking about a change.org petition. You're clearly capable of managing this on your own.

These poles are always going to be an echo chamber but they do 1 thing. Demonstrate that there is a large portion of people who want things changed. There are obviously way more people who don't care about the issue so even if the change happened it wouldn't matter to them as it does not affect them.

There was a massive poll regarding Elin censorship in Tera way back and many threads regarding it and what do you know? Turns out the majority jumped on the opportunity to purchase completely uncensored outfits for Elin pretty much proving a large majority of people would prefer things the way they were originally designed. In other words not censored.

Even their director realized this as shocking as it was to him initially which is why they eventually back peddled on most censorship and changed the marketing for the game to showcase Elin as the star/focus. It turned the game around for the better (though the game has other issues leading to it's downfall). Just turns out that in regards to eastern MMO/rpg games people clearly don't seem to understand that most Americans playing just don't give a shit. The ones that would, simply would never touch these games to begin with. So censorship is unnecessary and usually way over the top.

I'm for removing height restrictions.

Inb4: Sega removes the ability to play as a woman and all fashion items to protect fragile American eyes.

@Nine0 said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

I'm for removing height restrictions.

Inb4: Sega removes the ability to play as a woman and all fashion items to protect fragile American eyes.

False equivalency is fun~

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

False equivalency is fun~

I didn't imply equivalency, I implied evolution. Censhorship naturally involves into harsher forms with time. The last decades have shown this, and most countries who are or were known for their censhorship started by redacting/banning small things and then stepping that up, while either people didn't noticed or were silenced by others saying that the censorship is either "necassary" or "so miniscule that it wouldn't affect anything anyway.