Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?

@ApollosAmour They only censored it out of fear of the game having some mob on Twitter trying to actively cancel it. We've been over this several times in other forum threads. Same thing happened with Tera online. The game was censored, due to fear, and that was later shown to have been null, and baseless, so the censorship was reversed.

i spent time to read through former locked threads and explained to my group on ship 4 that are mostly esl or not speakers, we are with a gaming group come from runescape and many believe in home countries depictions might be not legal or commonly not good

both group in these threads are rude and should state their opinion and leave. be kind and can be productive for developers)

poll shows most equal division, not large enough for either. in game poll system is better for outreach

@Anarchy-Marine We don't know if that's the reason why, unless they've stated it. Until they say something, we're all just speculating. But my point is that if the creators choose to present Global a certain way, it's still what they've intended. We're just not playing the same version they introduced.

Not saying that invalidates your guys' want to have that version on Global, just that it's not the best point to make.

@ApollosAmour said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

@Anarchy-Marine We don't know if that's the reason why, unless they've stated it. Until they say something, we're all just speculating. But my point is that if the creators choose to present Global a certain way, it's still what they've intended. We're just not playing the same version they introduced.

Not saying that invalidates your guys' want to have that version on Global, just that it's not the best point to make.

The ONLY points BOTH sides need to make is their wants. "I want the censor to be removed because that's what I want." or "I want the censor to stay because that's what I want." That's the only 100% valid argument anyone can say right now. But everyone wants to defend their point with something else, and there comes all the "proof" and all other statements that usually get shot down midway. And nobody seems courageous enough to simply say. "I'm asking this for me and only for me."

And before someone tries to drive home some whatever for me to see the "light" I'll say it.

I feel the current censor is stupid. We should have never had any sexualization stuff from the very start. Why? Because I don't damn like it. But since it's already here and it's apparently making money, I have to live with it as well. But, I still want my damn short character, P word mongers be damned. I want it for ME and only me!

Entienden?

@tiger-1 The one of the three polls in this thread seem to mostly be even (though it was skewed towards removal until very recently) while the other two polls are heavily skewed towards removing the censorship.

I assume the person who believed someone was making multiple accounts and seemed upset about it(forget who it was) to vote- probably attempted it himself. Strawpolls hardly matter with such a small sample group. If someone could spread one all over twitter and get 1000s+ votes- it would be more clear.

I know it would heavily lean to removing the restriction with a wide consensus. It is just commonsense that people would want to have more freedom and content for the game than less. Those who can't handle a bit of skin wouldn't dare touch this game no matter how much you changed it. There is just too many f2p mmos all over to play this and be sensitive about fanservice things. The game thrives on it. It's part of the main story.

@Archetype-Luna Those numbers, could be played around with either direction, if someone really wanted to. The best poll idea was the one that stated it should be a survey in game. It should also be locked to accounts made before the poll started, to prevent as much fraud as possible. Accounts made after the theoretical poll went live, would not be allowed to vote, thus reducing the risk of manipulated numbers, going one way or the other.

That's if one were ever made.

@Archetype-Luna said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

@tiger-1 The one of the three polls in this thread seem to mostly be even (though it was skewed towards removal until very recently) while the other two polls are heavily skewed towards removing the censorship.

op should list these in first post if they are still around

@Anarchy-Marine To be honest, that is what I am suspecting in the first poll as it is the easiest one to find in this thread and until very recently, it was heavily skewed towards removing the height restriction. Not to mention, I literally just saw around 15 votes get added in the span of a few minutes.

@tiger-1 I included them in the OP of the thread I made here: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6869/can-we-not-cut-out-anymore-story-scenes-and-stop-it-with-censorship-in-general

Though as Anarchy said, these type of polls are easily manipulated. Your suggestion on an in-game poll would be ideal.

@Archetype-Luna said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

@Anarchy-Marine To be honest, that is what I am suspecting in the first poll as it is the easiest one to find in this thread and until very recently, it was heavily skewed towards removing the height restriction. Not to mention, I literally just saw around 15 votes get added in the span of a few minutes.

@tiger-1 I included them in the OP of the thread I made here: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6869/can-we-not-cut-out-anymore-story-scenes-and-stop-it-with-censorship-in-general

Though as Anarchy said, these type of polls are easily manipulated. Your suggestion on an in-game poll would be ideal.

if polls are in game just need to make sure players are premium, on runescape f2p players cant vote and its good. look at meseta spammers, easy to make new game account

@tiger-1 I think a better limitation would be to only accept votes from accounts with a character of a certain level (like say a minimum requirement of somewhere 50 to 70) before the poll was implemented. There may be a backlash if they only accepted it from premium players.

Hardly would need all premium. There would be so many players voting that no group would be able to skew results making new accounts. Making a level limit is enough to stop the bots and would work fine. A poll publicized by PSO2 NA twitter would be fine too- just need a large sample size. But I don't think anyone expects it to go any other way than "Yes- I want it removed"... That's not the problem to the JP devs- it would just force them to acknowledge the change in the first place and they refuse to acknowledge anything.

They likely believe acknowledging something that most people are unaware even exists- would cause further backlash. And it probably would.. if they didn't also give hope that it would be reverted with enough support and give an easy way to show support together with the acknowledgement. Sega is just too proud to own their mistakes?.. I think our only hope will be that seeing if this will effect New Genesis in that it stops the pre-censorship before it begins.

I think the best method to detect any false votes would probably be to get someone to moderate it. I think Harriet the Spy is the best choice.

Personally, I really like voice acting of NA version of pso2. Dear voice actors, if you read this - you're breathtaking!

I'm more than just sure that pso2 players love this game the way it is. I mean JP of course. We waited for that Global launch for YEARS. Despite that pso2 NA publisher decided to meet teen ESRB ratings, I don't see any reason for that for an adult game.

As pso2 player and fan I must say I don't approve all that censorship. Removed scenes, unreleased fashion, including unreasonable height restrictions. This isn't a game I waited this long.

Funny, but the best way to resolve all this misunderstanding is one simple thing on JP side: adding an Language Setting option with correct translations would meet everyone's wishes. Yes, I know about pso2 tweaker. I meant full and official translation.

@Nick-Lifes Console players would still be kind of screwed over in this scenario you propose. And don't tell me to just get a PC, because that would be as messed up as when some console players were telling PC players to just get an Xbox, when the game origuonally launched for PC on the Microsoft store.