Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?

@Silvalance PSO2 Global is the only game with this height discrimination. This is really bad publicity for SEGA.

@Archetype-Luna I also have an Elin character on TERA, PS4 version, and you know Sony with their censorship... but lolis are never censored in any videogame because there is no point to do it.

SEGA pleeeease, it's not too late to fix this issue! 🙏

@Dragon-Cloud said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

SEGA dont give a fuck about what we are typing here, and I agree with them

why minorities always have to talk for others without knowing what they think about everything

The lack of self-awareness in this comment is outstanding

@ApollosAmour Dude, some people just want to like how they look. If you want to screw your character that's on you.

@TheMerfox If you were just gonna ignore what I wrote, might as well say so and leave it at that lol

The pro-censorship people create a circle when the argument they use is "Well you're a sick/twisted individual for wanting this restriction removed- aren't you?" "No- that has nothing to do with it." "Okay pedo/scumbag/etc"

It's not helping anyone to assume something about someone else. You know nothing about them and there's more than 1 or 2 reasons why someone might want less censorship. So if you want the censorship to stay- please come up with a single other excuse than one that can- in no way- be proven. It's all so tiresome to defend yourself against the same horrific insults being spouted by the same people. Anyone in their right mind is going to take offense to that- because the vast- vast. ... VAST majority of people who want it removed- are not going to be that person you think they are. At all. Those people are sick- and sadly this change from Sega does not keep them from accessing the game. So those who have better reasons to want it removed should not be discriminated against just because Sega believes they're fixing some nonexistent problem.

To take someone elses list- here are just a few of the reasons people might have.

1. People want more freedom than less
  2. People want more cosmetics than less
  3. People want the game closer to the artists intent
  4. People are insulted the M rated game treats them like children who can't make their own decisions
  5. When you think about it- the height censorship doesn't even make sense and it should be the cosmetics that got censored- in the end it was both.
  6. It's hypocritical to the point people believe it was censored for- since young characters that are shorter exist in the main story already.
  7. Auxiliary height also censored which doesn't make any sense and further shows hypocrisy- that 2ft tall humanoids are not okay- but 3ft tall humanoids are. But if you control them- only 5ft above is okay- and below is not.
  8. Some people just want a reason for the change because everyone can only assume the reason why and everything the devs could say would be hypocritical to the point except for A. Immersion sake- since people are higher in average height in the new countries B. less contrast between max height and min height so lobbies look less silly
  9. People want to make racecar CASTs which look much better with min height since the accessories needed to make them stick together better.
  10. People want to make accurate representations of certain anime characters- like Megumin who we got a collab for and is under the minimum height allowed
  11. A decent portion of adults here(NA) are actually shorter than what is allowed. Many millions of adults in the US fall below this threshold and might feel discriminated against that they can't make their own height anymore.
  12. People want it reverted to end the concerns future cosmetics with a young connotation or those that make you shorter won't also be removed.
  13. Some people just believe censorship is a slippery slope and spirals into a game that is very different and watered down from what they wanted. People want the JP game in a new language without so much changes.
  14. People believe it's a bad business practice to censor fashion which is arguably the games selling point and what has allowed it to thrive in JP for 8 years- people buying those cosmetics with real money. To restrict that means less support for the game as a whole. And people want all the support they can get for the game they enjoy. - People want to use this as a vocal point for the devs to prove they exist as we haven't been able to hear directly from dev support at all yet.

etcetc. You could go on- especially if you add in other cut content. or bad practices.

Now the arguments for the censorship

1. Legal issues(disproved, not a point. People misunderstanding the law and their own citations regarding the context of that law.)
  2. It's keeping the sick people out!.. (???) 3.???

Any reasons for it to stay that I missed?

@MoldyAsp33874 The lack of reading comprehension is SSS combo

Im starting to get tired with those and I might end up being pro censorship if this keeps up

@Silvalance Sadly, some people apply the rule of extremes on everything to support the whole "us vs them" thing. It's easier to fit the rhetoric that there's always only two extreme sides to everything. Grey shades are too complicated to bring into an argument because in many cases, those very grey shades destroy their whole point.

@Archetype-Luna I remember Tera. Yeah, helmets came way too late, and for the most part the were mostly premium items you'd have to play RNG for. One of them was tossed for sale later using those in game tickets. But the tickets themselves were also rng to get.... kek. Yeah, I had Elins in Tera. None of my friends called me out for it. Of course there were haters and people blanket calling people the P word for it, but I never played sexuality with those characters. Heck, I haven't played sexuality with any game character I've had because that's not what I play regular video games for. I wanted a male short dude in Tera but there were only Elins and fat popiris to choose if you wanted to play short underdog... Blade and Soul fixed that urge to be a representation of "me" for awhile, but I already stopped playing them all because of the huge power creep and elitism there that blocked me out of new content. At least here in PSO2 I can seem to progress at my pace, and still be able to see new content.

@MoldyAsp33874 That pretty much sums much of the argument. The one point that irks me from the pro-censor side is the constant P word calling. That's directly attacking the person and not the argument, and from what I understand, the GMs said that's not allowed in this forum. It's not the same saying "I don't want to see sexualized children" to saying "You are a "P" for wanting this censor removed."

@Dragon-Cloud Sega has paid attention to feedback before; that is likely what caused the extension of the SG Scratch all the way to January 13th when the original end date was September 9th. Obviously, each post is not translated and forwarded to Sega of Japan, but the suggestion forums are a channel of feedback and do get to the devs in some shape or form. So I do believe that the posts made here do matter to some extent.

Plus, others can make new points that I did not think of before and I can add said points to my ongoing support ticket on the censorship matter.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

11 . A decent portion of adults here(NA) are actually shorter than what is allowed. Many millions of adults in the US fall below this threshold and might feel discriminated against that they can't make their own height anymore.

Don't forget that PSO2 is global since August 5th, 2020, so let's stop talking about United States or North America.

In Europe and especially in Asia there are people on average shorter than North America. You can find places in Asia where almost all adult women are shorter than 150cm.

Real facts.

+1 for Remove the height restriction

Funny thing is nobody is naked in the JP version unless they do things outside SEGA's control which is their choice anyway (Spare me the revealing clothes is naked argument cause we know it doesn't stand while you are at it spare the go play the JP version then one since it is against their TOS for anyone to play outside Japan which gives SOJ the power to kick us out whenever.) Removing the height restriction will do nothing to affect the present game as well as adding back in the removed Episode 4 scenes cause they are revealing and not full on nude so stop using this as a weak excuse to keep the censorship. Heck I bet you won't care anyways if it stays or goes.

Evidence taken from (http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/) : The connection to this game server is limited to the connection from the software installed on the terminals existing in Japan. It is prohibited to make a direct connection from outside of Japan or to connect from outside of Japan via a terminal located in Japan.

@YagyuChan said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

Funny thing is nobody is naked in the JP version unless they do things outside SEGA's control which is their choice anyway (Spare me the revealing clothes is naked argument cause we know it doesn't stand while you are at it spare the go play the JP version then one since it is against their TOS for anyone to play outside Japan which gives SOJ the power to kick us out whenever.) Removing the height restriction will do nothing to affect the present game as well as adding back in the removed Episode 4 scenes cause they are revealing and not full on nude so stop using this as a weak excuse to keep the censorship. Heck I bet you won't care anyways if it stays or goes.

Just to add on here since I forgot you can do same said things in the Global version too and I will not be mentioning how simply leaving you with Google is your friend there.

There's a popular mod in JP that removes basewear. Someone way back made a thread about it on this site that it might as well be a toggle option since innerwear is already going to covering the essentials and is basically just one of the bikinis anyway.. I believe it had a GM in support of it- so yeah. There's definitely no issue with anything that could be present in the game.

Just to put on my left-wing "equality" hat ... I wonder if not allowing people to represent themselves, if they are below the height, is against some disability discrimination laws? (ugh taking the hat off, I feel dirty).

@Dragon-Cloud said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

@MoldyAsp33874 The lack of reading comprehension is SSS combo

Im starting to get tired with those and I might end up being pro censorship if this keeps up

You get used to it lol It's basically like talking to a brick wall.

@Meow2835 Don't get anyone too hyped up, or else they'll be contacting congress next lol