Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?

@Anarchy-Marine And I wasn't even really insulting. More of a joke pressing because people are too tense around here. But I know not everyone out there will be my friend because there are opinions and there are opinions. Craig got his, and his achievement will be to not falter, and despite he hating me right now, he gets my respect for it. Same with you, Luna and all those who have tried to be honest about what they want here and why they want it. I mean, we are just dudes and duddetes typing stuff into a forum. No real reason to become actual enemies. In the end, agree to disagree and move on.

@Nuebot Scroll back, and look at my edit to that post please.

@Nuebot I think I can explain that "backtracking" you are talking about. These people have been using those words for long. Of course there may be creeps but it's not all of them. Anyway, the innocent ones who say "I like to create loli characters in video games" usually go for the cute approach (at least in my experience). they dress their character with big, fluffy cute outfits and go and play. But here you tell them that their use of that single word means they secretly wank to those characters and you tell them they are disgusting creeps for that. OF COURSE people will say "that's not my meaning". And even if you tell them to then not use that word, doesn't matter how much proof you bring to the table. You alienated them so hard, they will resist and deny. It's human nature to close your ears and block yourself against the one who just tried to break your world in tiny pieces.

Anyway. My honest dumb man opinion based on past experiences.

@ZorokiHanuke Well, eventually, as fleeting as this life is, we all won't be here one day. Hopefully by then, our children, or children's children, will have realized, censorship changes nothing, affects none of the real world issues Craig thinks he's fighting by saying all that he, and many like him, have here, and that while we all bicker over what is, or isn't in our games, or movies, real issues are going on behind closed doors, and aren't easy to catch, solve, or do away with, and that it does no good to kill ourselves stressing out about those issues, when we don't have real control over them, as those real world issues are supposed to be handled by our respective governments, yet carry on normally.

I want all censorship removed (which include height) and have this version of the game as close to the original as possible.

@Rumi7364 said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

I want all censorship removed (which include height) and have this version of the game as close to the original as possible.

I'm feel bad for you. Because according to what "they" say here, if you want the censorship removed you are P (a potential criminal). You should be arrested.

This is Western culture: Being short means being underage. Unconditionally. When you look at a very short person, you are a criminal. When you want to use a very short character in a videogame, you are a criminal. Fiction and reality are the same thing.

Try reading all the posts by Craig and Apollo, and you will see that what I have written to you is the total summary of the situation.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

@Nuebot I think I can explain that "backtracking" you are talking about. These people have been using those words for long.

Okay, but I've literally explained what's up with this in this topic, I'll quote my own post to jerk myself off here;

@Nuebot said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?: @Archetype-Luna said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

@IAMCRAIG-0 They are not, at least not anymore. I have seen plenty of people use those terms in nonsexual ways, purely to describe a character as looking incredibly youthful.

We already have words for that though. Bear with me, because it's really convoluted and complicated - when you're making a character that looks really youthful; you're making a character that looks young.

@Archetype-Luna said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

Also, you are literally nitpicking on the terms people are using to say little girl and little boy without any regard to what they are trying to say. I find this incredibly disingenuous as you are essentially implicating people who use those terms with the crime of sexualizing children when they are just using them to say small female or small male.

:megathonk: When you want to make a character who is small, you say small my dude. Or short. When you want to make a character who is specifically young you say young, or youthful. You continually say you want to make "little" or "youthful" characters and literally attempt to redefine words to try and hide the fact that your goal is, specifically, child-like characteristics.

For the record, the terms Lolicon and Shotacon, as craig has defined above, come from Lolita-complex and Shota-complex. Lolita and Shota being underaged female (From the titular Lolita) and male (From Tetsujin 28) characters, the complex being a noted sexual obsession with. You are using language derived from slang terminology; craig isn't nitpicking - you are literally choosing to use these codified words of your own volition.

If I made a character cosplaying as hitler, and me and my friends all called our characters nazis - but then turned around and insisted that "No, you see, when we say nazi we actually just mean a shouty bloke in a military uniform, you see. It just looks like that, you're being nitpicky" no one would believe it for a second.

Oh and as a final note, we also have gendered terms to describe people already. Male, female, man, woman, boy, girl, take your pick: when you use "Loli" and "Shota" you're specifically choosing to use a term that's not only sexualized but very specifically comes from the origins denoting a sexual attraction to said characters.

"That's not my meaning" doesn't really work when someone goes well out of their way to use language specifically coded and derived from specific meanings and context. There's literally no reason to use those specific words without evoking their origins because of their origins. This is exactly why craig gets worked up so much about this because it's really, really fucked up to normalize it, my dude. You can even scroll back and see how the conversation goes, we have someone outright admit they want to make child-like characters, but flounder and say that no! "loli means something different when I say it" the moment they get called out on the very thing they've been dancing around and admitting via a dogwhistle term. But it doesn't mean something different. It literally means the same thing.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

doesn't matter how much proof you bring to the table. You alienated them so hard, they will resist and deny.

And my sole response to this is a simple "fuck 'em". If the truth and hard fact makes them throw a tantrum then fuck 'em, it's not my problem. What is my problem is how comfortable some people are at normalizing CSA and then acting like they're maligned and harassed when people call them out for what they're doing.

@Nuebot said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

doesn't matter how much proof you bring to the table. You alienated them so hard, they will resist and deny.

And my sole response to this is a simple "fuck 'em". If the truth and hard fact makes them throw a tantrum then fuck 'em, it's not my problem. What is my problem is how comfortable some people are at normalizing CSA and then acting like they're maligned and harassed when people call them out for what they're doing.

Like with how they've switched to saying 'p-word' instead of pedophiles, right?

@IAMCRAIG-0 said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

Because saying that word now disgusts me, it has been said too many times because of you. I'm sick of it.

@Michelle said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

Because saying that word now disgusts me, it has been said too many times because of you. I'm sick of it.

Then maybe understand that the word you're using doesn't mean what you think it does and dig your heels in when people show you actual evidence of this? Then again you were pretty quick to start playing victim and villainize me, so it's kind of hard to tell what your actual original intentions were.

@Anarchy-Marine The ever reach of censoring for the sake of others not you or me is why discussion is encouraged. Not bickering and flying accusations left and right. And that's why there must always be a period to cool down and think things over.

@Nuebot Indeed. When the mind goes into some sort of distress, one of the common reactions is to block. I mean, you and Craig are not calling people "Idiots". That's an insult that most people nowadays laugh at. You are telling them right in their faces that they are the worst scum planet Earth has ever had. And people will have different reactions to it, and many of them will be in denial. In my case, I laughed it off because I have pretty thick skin for these kinds of things. I won't become a pervert just because you think I'm one. But not everyone is like that. You want them to change their ways? You have to learn how to make them change their ways, or, you can do as you just said and f-them and label them as your eternal enemy or something. I'll keep being friendly to everyone so your enmity doesn't affect me in the minimum. And I'll encourage you to keep being you, because that will be the most honest version of you, and for that, you will have my respect.

I also started using the term "P word", to answer @IAMCRAIG-0 on this one, because using the other term will inevitably be caught by search engines, and that's pretty bad for this forum if someone types that word and this forum shows up on the first Google page. I admit I have no idea what "P word" means to you, but at least it sounds less disgusting than the official word. Then again, I'm a self admitted dumb person so I don't really know how search engines fully work, but it's their job to pick words, so I try to be careful with it.

@Michelle I don't see anyone called Craig in the forums, but he sounds like a casul who never played other games that has playable short characters in it, and that this is his first MMO. That aside, how is wanting censorship gonna make me a potential criminal? I just want the game to maintain it's integrity, as it's originally designed.

I just feel like censoring games in general is an insult to the players, as if the developers are judging their player's personality, intellect and their ability to discern reality from fantasy. This game is rated M for mature from what I heard right? I don't see anything wrong with my point of view.

Then maybe understand that the word you're using doesn't mean what you think it does and dig your heels in when people show you actual evidence of this?

I think this is the biggest takeaway from all of this, and just some genuine advice to everyone here, in all contexts of life. Think about the words and language you use, the things you say and do and why you say and do them. Do you say them just because other people say them? Where do they come from? Why do the people around you say them? The entire purposes of dogwhistle phrases is to hide the objectionable and dangerous in an easy to digest or ignore fashion so that not only can those who use it convey its meaning to one another - but so it can make its way into common parlance and discourse to spread. It's part of how systemic racism and sexism have both managed to entrench themselves so deeply into society at large - hell it's been the cornerstone of American politics for a very long time because it works so well.

@Nuebot This is actually well said, and I commend you for finally saying it in the correct, non inflammatory way. Because again, we can't expect everyone reacting in the exact same way to your arguments or your proof. So I hope we leave it at that, at least on the subject of wording.

I suppose I have become your mortal enemy or whatever you have chosen me to be for you (I'm not your enemy though), but knowing you are most likely leaps and bounds more intelligent than me, please let's stop the bad name calling. That stuff rips people's spirits away and dumps them in a fiery garbage can. And you and I and everyone else here knows not everyone is a creep. There's zero need to clump everyone together on the same wagon. I understand it's your choice to care or not about others on the other side of the argument, nor even listen to a guy like me, but if we want a peaceful discussion, with you and Craig included, the name calling must stop. It wasn't needed back then. It's not needed now.

@Michelle said in Height Restrictions, Remove or Stay?:

Why is saying "pedophile" gross? Please don't tell me you're one of those idiots referring pedophiles as "MAPS" or whatever bullshit.