Fresh Finds Has Been Pretty Stale Lately

I was so angry I didn't log in to the game after maintenance and instead went to have supper. Now I'm ready to log in.

Apparently the treasure shop verbiage was an accident and fresh finds isn't getting replaced with the OG treasure shop. Unfortunate but to be honest it was a bit of a stretch to believe they'd go back to the treasure shop considering how profitable FF has probably been for them.

@Knight-Raime It cant possibly be that profitable. There's no chance a company would allow something that is incredibly profitable be down for two weeks. Clearly they arent hemorrhaging monetary loss or else it would have been fixed in a day desu

I'm sticking to my belief that the reason it was down for 2 weeks was for them to go in an change every future FF item manually to untradable.

@Lorient I think that's a fair assumption and since I think they have the fresh finds calendar mostly scheduled for at least a year (which is probably why these oversights happened) they had to go through a lot of items to change them to untradable.

Would also explain why we just miss out on the previous fresh finds, they are still just following the calendar and aren't going to make a big rotation change to bring back the missed one until there is a place to slot it in.

I'm pretty sure fresh finds was down because someone high up didn't want to shut the game down another time for emergency maintenance. (This was like the third time.) I guess they lose more money if the game is down than they do if the FF shop is up.

@Iron-Woodsman said in Fresh Finds Has Been Pretty Stale Lately:

I'm pretty sure fresh finds was down because someone high up didn't want to shut the game down another time for emergency maintenance. (This was like the third time.) I guess they lose more money if the game is down than they do if the FF shop is up.

I think that was the reason. Imagine they would have taken the game down for maintenance to fix this.... There would have been another dozen complain-threads about how evil Sega is... 😅

@Raes

If it was their only source of income then this would track. But they have tickets and premium sets.

Any losses taken in the two weeks is probably recoupable in a time frame they feel comfortable with.

I mean I hate to be that guy, but i feel bad for the 1st maid dress. Yes it came out before PC release but everyone wanted it, most people bought it, they where wearing it for about 2 days, then it's rare to see anyone still wear it. Just like the Bridal dress.

@ERICK001BC Becaue, some folks just like to have different attire, for different things. Many are using the game as an outlet, and an escape, as the real world isn't exactly doing so hot.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Fresh Finds Has Been Pretty Stale Lately:

@ERICK001BC Becaue, some folks just like to have different attire, for different things. Many are using the game as an outlet, and an escape, as the real world isn't exactly doing so hot.

More than escapism, I think it's more just that people want to wear the more currently-popular outfits, because if other people are eyeing current scratches/FFs, they'll more easily recognize players that are wearing those shiny new things, which makes them stand out. That, coupled with maid outfits being pretty iconic, where I imagine a lot of people wanted to make sure that they had at least one maid outfit in their storage just in case they never saw another one before they ended up wanting one for some reason or another down the line.

In-game fashion is like RL fashion, if it's new and hip everyone wants it and uses it. Over time here as new scratches come out and people find their looks these older ones will only show in specific fashion builds players have or star gem farming. Example point being the popularity of the ogre hair currently which I imagine we'll see a lot less of as the weeks go by. The Morgana suits dropped right off shortly after the collab hit too.

I was aware of the trend, i was just poiting it out. In all honesty though the majority are keeping up to pace with the fashion trends, and even though it's a faster pace than Japan was i feel this will be the new current way of handling cosmetics. If not with NGS, other gamed will take note of the trend setting aspect. (Content wise, it's only so fast because of the back log of items over the years. Newer games would have to be making cosmetic content almost daily or withholding content to get it out on time.)

So..... Are we getting these items or what?

Since the last 2 weeks have been repeats and SEGA didn't take the whole thing down (yet), maybe it's intentional and revivals are becoming a thing. There could be chance these people will eventually get their maid dress.