BOTS Lvl 30 to 40 chat restriction?

Man these bots are now starting to get annoying, i understand they are banning them but man they're coming in full force and 2 to 3 at a time and heavy spamming. I'm normally not in lobby what I like to chill from time to time. I hate to think about a chat lvl restriction but at this point...

I feel story would be a better restriction. Mandated solo play so they can't just wizz through to get chat. If it's level, the bot will just end up sitting in the exploration every hour for free xp

@Noctosis said in BOTS Lvl 30 to 40 chat restriction?:

I feel story would be a better restriction. Mandated solo play so they can't just wizz through to get chat. If it's level, the bot will just end up sitting in the exploration every hour for free xp

I agree with this and have suggested it before since I doubt the bot makers will take the effort to finish the entire Episode 1 story to unlock chat features.

How many more threads on bots do we need?... 🙄

@Scerms77 a lot till something better is done about this. My BL is full.

If this thread bothers you just skim over it.

@Noctosis damn, I really like that idea lol.

With how long Oracle is, I have to think of regular players that are new to the game and it seems unfair. Some of those chapters are really freaking long to the point where it seems like a punishment to get through just to say hi to people. I'd much rather prefer a pin to start chatting with each login like the one on the visiphone. Each new account would require a new pin and each character/ship switch would require it to be entered again. It could be worked around obviously, but it's a much fairer system to everybody.

@ApollosAmour said in BOTS Lvl 30 to 40 chat restriction?:

With how long Oracle is, I have to think of regular players that are new to the game and it seems unfair. Some of those chapters are really freaking long to the point where it seems like a punishment to get through just to say hi to people. I'd much rather prefer a pin to start chatting with each login like the one on the visiphone. Each new account would require a new pin and each character/ship switch would require it to be entered again. It could be worked around obviously, but it's a much fairer system to everybody.

While finishing the story might seem like a punishment you can just skip the cutscenes and play on casual. A PIN solution as you stated would be worked around and at that point no point putting it in since it will only serve to annoy players further.

@YagyuChan True, but that gives me flashbacks to FFXIV where features are locked behind a long story. It makes people a lot less inclined to enjoy or care about the story imo and a lot more likely to speed through it as quick as possible.

@YagyuChan True, but that gives me flashbacks to FFXIV where features are locked behind a long story. It makes people a lot less inclined to enjoy or care about the story imo and a lot more likely to speed through it as quick as possible.

I can understand your point here and can get behind what you are saying but this seems like the only logical way to stop the bots or reduce them to non existent then ban the rest to take on such a task.

@YagyuChan It's definitely one solution. It's hard to find a good solution outside of banning mainland China though, that's for sure. Everything is a balance between affecting legit players negatively and being too easy for spammers to get past.

@YagyuChan It's definitely one solution. It's hard to find a good solution outside of banning mainland China though, that's for sure. Everything is a balance between affecting legit players negatively and being too easy for spammers to get past.

Yeah it is a pain since a PIN can be bypassed easily but a story requirement is harsh on the player so there is no easy way to solve the problem.

@YagyuChan Yeah. The process for now seems to be working somewhat, but it's obviously not perfect. The best we can do is keep reporting until they find something better. The Tweaker is working on a solution of its own too for anyone using it.

Bots are starting to be a pain in the ass, indeed.

On the JP version you have to solve a captcha to create an account and there does not seem to be the same issue of bots.