I suppose many people know that the game system of global server PSO2 is based on late 2019 version of JP server. Still after that point, there were various updates on the JP server. It seems that a lot of these updates are introduced on the global server with the EP4 update on August 4th. This post tries to list up these changes.

Please note followings about how this list is written.

• I'm not listing up JP updates for the elements not yet introduced on the global server.
  • In the list, I'm using "NA" instead of global. This is just because it's easier to write 😀
  • Most of the changes seem to be introduced with ver. 6.0951.0 NA on August 4th, which was EP4/STEAM/global update. For simplicity, this version is referred as "EP4 Update" within the list.
  • The introduction of many JP server changes to global server was not announced beforehand, making the verification of whether the change actually brought with the update quite difficult. So I made a couple of states to show how I guessed about the timing of the introduction.
  • "Presumably EP4 Update" means the change was actually in effect on the global server on ver. 6.0951.0 NA and I have checked at some timing within one month before the update that the change is not implemented on the NA server. This means that it's pretty likely that ver. 6.0951.0 NA was when the change is introduced, but it's not 100 % sure.
  • "EP4 Update or earlier" means the change was actually in effect on the global server on ver. 6.0951.0 NA, but I haven't make a check before the update. In this case, the timing when the change was introduced on the NA server can be any timing from the Beta Test to the EP4 update.

Now the list.

Stationary mode of "Measurement Practice: Rockbear"

Stationary mode is added to the practice quest "Measurement Practice: Rockbear".

JP introduction: 2/5/2020 ver.6.0701.0 / NA introduction: presumably EP4 Update

Trading of pet sweets

For sweets of rarity 13 or lower which haven't been compressed yet, they are now allowed to sell on personal shop and be able to trade.

JP introduction: 2/5/2020 ver.6.0701.0 / NA introduction: EP4 Update or earlier

Optional setting "Auto Send to Material Storage"

Optional setting is added for whether to send automatically to material storage for the following categories of items (item drops, gathering, emergency trial rewards and quest result rewards).

Parameter details for augment affixing items

For items used to add augments, the item details now shows the actual parameters of the augment added with the item.

"Open Storage" option on auxiliary menu

"Open Storage" option was added on the "Customize Equipment" of auxiliary menu.

JP introduction: 2/5/2020 ver.6.0701.0 / NA introduction: presumably EP4 Update

Mining Base UQ QoL

On Mining Base Defense Oparation UQs, players can now pick up positive crystals just by getting close to them (no need to press access button).

JP introduction: 3/25/2020 ver.6.0801.0 / NA introduction: presumably EP4 Update

Balance adjustments of Battle Arena

This was a pretty big adjustment, I can't list up all the details of this changes. Either way, I don't play arena at all, so it's hard for me to tell the difference for most of the changes. Just citing the original JP announcement.
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20200325/03/

JP introduction: 3/25/2020 ver.6.0801.0 / NA introduction: EP4 Update ?

Balance adjustment of Braver Katana

Braver Katana got a big adjustment. Simply said, to unleash the Katana focus is no more a must for the Braver Katana. The changes includes various points and I'm not a dedicated Braver to explain these, please consult the following thread for the details of the changes.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6968/

JP introduction: 3/25/2020 ver.6.0801.0 / NA introduction: EP4 Update

Discontinuation of some Astracites

The following items no longer drop in quests, Photon Booster will drop instead of them.

• Torana Brightshard
  • Pleiades Galaxy Stone
  • Chandra Lunar Astracite
  • Shiva Ash Astracite
  • Durga Bane Astracite

Players who have these items can now exchange them to Photon Boosters at Swap Shop 2 in the Swap Shop of NPC Kameo.

This is the what the JP update note tells. How this is implemented on NA server is a bit tricky question. Firstly, in NA, we can exchange these items to Photon Boosters at Astracite Exchange shop of NPC Rheinbraugher, not Kameo's Swap Shop. And to see if these items no longer drop in NA, probably we need further verification.

JP introduction: 3/25/2020 ver.6.0801.0 / NA introduction: EP4 Update ???

Shifta/Guts Drink upgrade

The effects of the ZX/Premium/Premium 2 versions of Shifta Drink and Guts Drink are greatly upgraded.

JP introduction: 3/25/2020 ver.6.0801.0 / NA introduction: EP4 Update

Change of the quest unlock conditions for the Phaleg rematch battle

Sorry, I haven't done EP4 story much, so can't tell the actual quest name. For the change of the condition, the JP update note only says "changed" without any details, so it's not sure. Probably they removed the prerequisite to clear first half of Elite Training: Heaven & Earth.

JP introduction: 6/10/2020 ver.6.0901.0 / NA introduction: ???

Rewards for Battle Arena password matches

Now battle coins and reward scratch are also available by finishing a password match in Battle Arena.

Is this change implemented on the current NA server?

Preview improvement

On preview screen, the range of zoom magnification is expanded and lateral movement mode is added.

JP introduction: 6/10/2020 ver.6.0901.0 / NA introduction: EP4 Update

Gamepad input while app is inactive

On PC version, game launcher option is added to enable gamepad inputs while the app is inactive.

Is this available on the PC version? (I'm an Xbox player)

That's the end of the list. I tried to make this list to be accurate, but to be honest, I'm not completely sure if I missed something or some parts of the list is wrong. If you find something, I'd appreciate if you'd let me know 😃