SG Scratch was extended to 01/13/2021

@Miraglyth said in SG Scratch was extended to 01/13/2021:

@Aida-Enna said in SG Scratch was extended to 01/13/2021:

they didn't really tell us the day and time for the PSO2 day changed either

It was a pretty noticeable part of their tweet about it:

The PSO2 Day: Premium User Appreciation Day is here, now under a new schedule!

Not really - They do the "It's PSO2 day!" every PSO2 day and so most users who have been playing wouldn't click on the article they posted. That twitter post was also specifically made hours after they posted the original article with little fanfare, because likely no one noticed (which was my point).

In any case, since it hasn't been fixed by now, I'm guessing there was just a communication breakdown somewhere and it is actually being extended. We'll probably get an announcement about it soon.

Why even expire it if they are adding no other?

Oh wow, that's good news. I was busy writing out all my possible SG sources to scrounge together enough to barely get my guaranteed scratch ticket from it before the ticket expired.

It would be nice to get a confirmation at least, but very cool if it's true.

@Ki-Rin said in SG Scratch was extended to 01/13/2021:

Why even expire it if they are adding no other?

The assumption is they would add other ones Japan had after.

To be fair; this doesnt show that it isnt a cash grab; it shows that its actually a good and well thought out cash grab. Though; the people that 'felt pressured' early on by not knowing that it was going to be extended etc still seems quite dubious as a practice in general...

Unfortunately I can't confirm anything that hasn't either been posted in an article or via a tweet.

@GM-Deynger said in SG Scratch was extended to 01/13/2021:

Unfortunately I can't confirm anything that hasn't either been posted in an article or via a tweet.

The issue is that it is in an article though, and no one can get confirmation if it's extended or not.

If we edited the article to change that date...I'd consider that pretty official. 😉

@GM-Deynger said in SG Scratch was extended to 01/13/2021:

If we edited the article to change that date...I'd consider that pretty official. 😉

Possibly, but it happened without warning - and without any confirmation, which is what people in this thread are asking for because it could have simply been when the articles were updated to reflect timezones, something happened with the old articles posted.

It's the reason we are asking for 100% confirmation. If not by you, then passed to someone else.

That article is still kind of weird though, since earlier in that post it still says that it ends on Sept 8th ("FALLEN HEROES arrives on July 15th, and will be sticking around until September 8th!"), so it was a rushed non-announcement from the looks of it.

With the fact that the date in-game hasn't changed yet, it makes me slightly worried that they'll handle it by basically letting the current one finish and then posting it again, and somehow resetting the number on how many scratches I've done with it (basically locking me out of getting my guaranteed scratch) in the process. So I'm gonna be a bit worried till I see a longer announcement of it, or seeing the new date actually reflected in-game.

Looks like they removed the September end date from the article completely, which means it's really 100% confirmed. \ o /

https://pso2.com/news/scratch-tickets/fallenheroes

I'd feel more confident when ingame its changed to that as well as I felt it could've been a bug with that new fancy auto timezone converter added to pages, but being paranoid I guess.

Thanks for the response Deynger.

Guess that's a good thing. Maybe I'll try 80 sg a month to test my luck. To bad I am stuck with ugly stuff atm.

It may be that to adjust the end date in the game client that there needs to be a patch or it will update the next time the scratch interface is updated which would be when the next scratch ticket is released. Would be nice for an actual announcement of the change instead of an edit to the existing post.