EP4 Story Mode all buggy?

What's this? Character's voices suddenly drop to volume so low they can barely be heard, their pitch is all over the place and make no sense and I could've sworn their chat globes weren't doing the same sound effect as player's does?

What happened? Was the patch rushed?

This was a problem with Oracle too. I think it's just more noticeable now because Hitsugi's monologues are all low. The settings don't fix it, meaning it's apparently a problem with the files themselves or the code or something along those lines. I don't think it's rushed, it's just something that slipped under the radar. I'm hoping they're able to fix it.

I like when Mr Hammer Eyebrows shouts his voice volume actually goes down instead.

Yeah, that was pretty jarring lol I'd love to hear Aratron shout at full volume.

Well besides that, the very final mission that we have currently has a voice cut off issue happen frequently when going through a backstory part. (I don't want to post spoilers)

The long monologue you mean? I definitely felt like I had to race to read the subs in time. lol I remember reading about how Final Fantasy X was localized since it had the same issue where lines had to be the same length and it seems like a nightmare. It's unfortunate, but it's easy for things like that to slip through the cracks unless it's done very, very delicately.

Aratron's voice being barely audible when he shouts killed my heart.

@Vashzaron said in EP4 Story Mode all buggy?:

Well besides that, the very final mission that we have currently has a voice cut off issue happen frequently when going through a backstory part. (I don't want to post spoilers)

the dub voice constantly cutting itself off was pretty funny, tbh.

And yeah, I noticed the volume too, mainly on Hitsugi's internal dialogs.

@ApollosAmour said in EP4 Story Mode all buggy?:

The long monologue you mean? I definitely felt like I had to race to read the subs in time. lol I remember reading about how Final Fantasy X was localized since it had the same issue where lines had to be the same length and it seems like a nightmare. It's unfortunate, but it's easy for things like that to slip through the cracks unless it's done very, very delicately.

If I remember right, the reason some of the dialogue was super rushed when they spoke was due to SE not wanting to fix the lip synching, so their solution was to simply have the VA read certain lines of dialogue at the same pace as the japanese counter part.

Which is why you get line where Yuna goes from.talking.like.a.normal.person.tosuddenlyspekainglikethis. It was hilarious all the same.

@Blade-Syphon One part I remember the most was "I will defeat Sin, ImustdefeatSin" on the boat to Kilika lol Thankfully it wasn't always super noticeable but I don't envy a localization job that intense.

Must be a PC issue, this isn't an issue on Xbox that I've noticed.

Probably should make a new topic for it but bringing this up again because dub Mother Esca Falz in the boss fight sounds almost inaudible to me in terms of volume levels vs say like Luther or Elder where you can clearly tell what they are saying.

theres actually a few audio bugs I noticed, two are room music disks that have like 22khz audio compression for some reason, Elder and Luther's fight themes