See ya'll on New Genesis

@PhantasyStar369 No one knows how NG will be. For me it could just have a world like WoW or XIV and be more interactive and i'd feel more engaged already­.

@Dragon-Cloud said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

steam version runs perfectly on my rig with everything on. might be that shitty MS version.

As for the game... its something any mmos nowadays lacks and do- which is way I dont play the genre that much now; endgame is boring, based on fashion instead of gameplay. ff14 in fact is also the same (also terribly boring for me), and lack so much content that challenge people in term of gameplay. Everything is too easy, mmorpgs back then was hard to force you play with people instead of fapping with your chars.

the combat however is really fun, not like other mmos, it just need to be much harder with better AI. Same with some events and stuff that try to have social commitment in it. Havent seen any current mmos do this that much.

I hope NGS will have better content in that regard. endgame, difficulty, and harder/multiplayer content from the start to the end too.

In regards to xiv being easy endgame wise, I take it youve beaten savage and ultimate yes?

@Morgothryuzaki said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

@Dragon-Cloud But frankly I don't care to start that discussion again,because all the PSO2 fanboys and XIV haters are going to show up,and I ain't willing to open that can of worms again.

Insults people. Doesn't want to start drama. OK.

Really though, all this talk about fanboys makes me think that nobody saying it has actually encountered any before. Defending the game when people keep saying it's a dumpster fire or have skewed criticism on it isn't the same as screaming at people and threatening them over having an opinion. That doesn't make someone that disagrees with you a hater either.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

In regards to xiv being easy endgame wise, I take it youve beaten savage and ultimate yes?

Try being a bard and doing a concert for about 50/100 people and engangin mini event on your own, much harder. Ah wait, they nerfed the bank sounds and even ban people for playing certain stuff... cant happen anymore.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

Try being a bard and doing a concert for about 50/100 people and engangin mini event on your own, much harder. Ah wait, they nerfed the bank sounds and even ban people for playing certain stuff... cant happen anymore.

your original point was that mmo's such as ff14 are way to easy in terms of challenging game-play. So i ask again do you do the hard content such as savage and ultimate in ff14? Do you participate in the the hardest things these mmos have to offer?

Cool story, I hope you play some fun new games on Steam 😄 What are you going to play as far as MMOs? I'm really looking forward to Tower of Fantasy and some Steam games like Cyber Punk and Tales of Arising, etc. Also the PS5!! Maybe you can also work on upgrading your PC since you had trouble running PSO2, since later on games will have Ray Tracing support and more.

@PhantasyStar369 said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

It's going to be funny when we catch up to the Japanese servers and then we gotta wait months for new content.

This is the point so many people seem to miss. "Our accelerated catch-up is too slow!" lots of people are crying, mysteriously blind to the foresight that if Sega caught us up with JP tomorrow they would still get bored afterwards and likely quit before October.

As for all the specs talk, my main PC is way too old to run the game at perfect smoothness and such. I brought the RAM up to 24 GB at the start of the year and needed to replace the hard drives almost a month ago because the last ones were dying of old age, but almost all the rest of the machine including a GTX 760 (UK page; the US page was taken down due to obsolescence) is from late 2013.

After the 10 June optimisation fixes, the only performance quirks I get are occasional micro-stuttering that is unnoticeable unless I'm in a quiet area and watching carefully while moving the camera in circles, and a couple seconds of hitching when loading the first area after starting the game up. That's it. Anyone with a machine far newer experiencing worse than that much be suffering some kind of settings or incompatibility issue.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Hard to say. Lots of people playing.

@Miraglyth said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

@PhantasyStar369 said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

It's going to be funny when we catch up to the Japanese servers and then we gotta wait months for new content.

This is the point so many people seem to miss. "Our accelerated catch-up is too slow!" lots of people are crying, mysteriously blind to the foresight that if Sega caught us up with JP tomorrow they would still get bored afterwards and likely quit before October.

I was actually talking to my friend about this not too long ago and I'm really thankful that they're taking it fairly slow with the content. I couldn't imagine having to learn the entire game overnight. That's part of what makes fresh starts with MMOs so nice is that you have time to learn things if you're new.

The plot would be really overwhelming to chug through too. Having all of Oracle ahead of me was bad enough, but getting EP4 in 3 parts has been really cozy.

Ryzen 2700x, GTX 1070 Ti and 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM gamer here and I am here to tell you the issue is most likely your side since I have the game maxed out on tier 6 graphics with lots of the additional goodies with no problems holding a frame rate of over 160 fps+. Can we just stop calling Gameguard a rootkit cause I am afraid your claims are unfounded (Please spare me the wikipedia links it is written by any person anyways even I can write it rn) Should mention lastly I have been playing the Japanese version for over 5 years now with no issues and I have the same experience with the Steam version of the game for Global while the MS version gave me issues at the beginning.

Yeah when I ran the tweaker thing it found 7 copies of the game and removed them for me... and to play on steam i just still use the tweaker... ever since switching to the tweaker ive had no problems.

@Morgothryuzaki said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

But frankly I don't care to start that discussion again,because all the PSO2 fanboys and XIV haters are going to show up,and I ain't willing to open that can of worms again.

It's okay. I've seen plenty of WoW players accepting that their games have ups and downs as FF14 players never accepting criticisms. But that doesn't change that PSO2 players can't accept criticisms too.

My friends are taking a break from this PSO2 and waiting for NG because they feel that the RNG system in this game is just punishing and also doing Ultimate quest just to get 13* to them was boring as to them doing Mythic+ and Savage run being more fun and challenging and rewarding to them instead.

People have their opinions, but yes. I do hope that NG is a bit more friendlier to the people who don't want to be pressured by RNG.

For me, I am taking it easy because I played it in JP and it felt like playing same thing. I am just in this for cosmetics and looks atm.

![alt text](image urlFB_IMG_1596746440506.jpg )

@XenoBladeX37645 Read again, will say no more with that WoW clone with dolls I used to play

for me pso2 is really fun in term of gameplay, its all about farming but at least its still pso, the mom of jap mmo, and the combat feels really good... my only problem is that most of the content is easy, because it has been a trend in mmo since the last few years, and the story, which is usually pretty bad.

For some reason people dont want to play with people anymore. game should be everytime hard enough to force you to play with peeps and behave well instead of being a snowflake on easymode most of the time

Not sure how NGS will be. If there's content for +20 years gamers in it, Ill be surely in. the focus on the movement in the map looks very intersting and more demanding

@XenoBladeX37645 Read again, will say no more with that WoW clone with dolls I used to play

for me pso2 is really fun in term of gameplay, its all about farming but at least its still pso, the mom of jap mmo, and the combat feels really good... my only problem is that most of the content is easy, because it has been a trend in mmo since the last few years, and the story, which is usually pretty bad.

For some reason people dont want to play with people anymore. game should be everytime hard enough to force you to play with peeps and behave well instead of being a snowflake on easymode most of the time

Not sure how NGS will be. If there's content for +20 years gamers in it, Ill be surely in. the focus on the movement in the map looks very intersting and more demanding

So no, he didn't do Ultimate/Savage.