See ya'll on New Genesis

I have been debating this for a few weeks,but I think its best if I take a break. It all began with the horrendous PC launch,then the more the game goes on the more I see shady and cheap microtransaction schemes,the more I see that PSO2 exists to milk money out of people through specific strategies that I disagree with. The more I see that I get bored since the way the story is told doesn't appeal to me and now even on Steam the game stutters non stop even though I have a setup that laughs in the face of PSO2's recommended specs. Honestly I was so hyped by PSO2,but it seems I expected too much out of it. I am super hopeful that ts all going to get better by the time New Genesis gets released,until then i'll focus on my backlog and on newer games being released. Hope ya'll keep enjoying the game and that it keeps getting better for our sakes. See ya.

You dont need to partake in the monetary part of the game to enjoy. If ianything do bare minimum and collect the free fashion items.

@overfiend78 said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

You dont need to partake in the monetary part of the game to enjoy. If ianything do bare minimum and collect the free fashion items.

Thats right. But OP was unhappy with many many many more things like droprates and levelling up and the story and thousand other things... So its his best take to step away from this game.

I dont think that ngs will do those things different, but we will see.

See you in ep5 morg Or maybe 6 those stories and content are more worth it honestly. Rember MMOs are marathons not sprints. Breaks are a good thing regardless

I imagine a lot of players feel the same and probably dropped the game soon as NGS was announced.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed That's really weird that they would, given that they're cross compatible. But I'm sure quite a few have regardless.

Not to get all personal, but I remember OP talking about playing FFXIV in the RP thread and I really don't see how PSO2 is any worse in terms of content or what it charges for. PSO2 has no sub, nor does it lock players out of features without paying (considering passes can be earned), and it doesn't have any gimmicks like the plot skip. There isn't even anything comparable to the likes of the mognet shop.

I just hope that you have a game you do enjoy that you can spend your time with. If PSO2 isn't that game, then chances are NGS won't be either. But to each their own I guess.

@ApollosAmour said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed That's really weird that they would, given that they're cross compatible. But I'm sure quite a few have regardless.

They will still ultimately start from level 1, sure you get to bring some stuff over with you but fashion doesn't appeal to everyone it seems. I will say I hope NGS has some type of end game that PSO2 currently does not have.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed That's true, but I'm sure there's other things that will carry back and forth. I get the sense those people probably won't be too invested in NGS if they're that easily deterred from PSO2.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

I imagine a lot of players feel the same and probably dropped the game soon as NGS was announced.

Cant be that lot of players, according to this :

https://mmos.com/news/phantasy-star-online-2-in-north-america-is-segas-1-f2p-title-and-earned-14m-between-april-june

So it seems, that all the guys dropping this game for ngs or for ship 4 not opening immediatly at demand (and all the other things that people choose to not play this game, the list is too long) are the absolute minority. There are plenty thousands of gamers who are fine with pso2 na.

@ApollosAmour That is fine. You do not need to see it. I do see it,and its fine. I'm not saying that PSO2 is trash,its definitely not. I do NOT wish to dive too deep into it because frankly this isn't the point,but I love FFXIV far more thanks to a few factors.

1- I have been invested in the FF franchise ever since I was 12 years old,some of my favourite games of all time are in fact FF games. 2-I find the gameplay more satisfying,even though PSO2 has a pretty fun gameplay as well. 3-I find the content more enjoyable to go through and far more to do in XIV. 4- I am not big into crafting/gathering but in XIV I find it far superior and you don't have any time gated content with it nor do you need to pay anything to accelerate crafting. 5-The story is FAR superior objectively in XIV,but then again we are talking about a franchise that's been going on for ages without stop and one with so much lore to take from that it might not be as fair to compare.

PSO2 is more of a casual investment to me,whereas XIV is far more serious to me. That's it really. And PLEASE people,do not try to bring this XIV talk as the main point here,its not.

@overfiend78 And I agree,no one is FORCED. However they still prey on people unable to resist and even got me a few times because nostalgia for certain costumes. I didn't whale in it though,I got a few things and sold what I didn't want to get what I needed. But it was early and I was a bit blinded y it all.

@Morgothryuzaki I'm a bigger fan of FF than PS overall too, but I didn't think it was a fair take given what XIV does. I still don't think it's fair, but to each their own. Ultimately it comes down to what we all personally enjoy and at the end of the day, no one determines that besides us.

I hope you can find enjoyment in the game someday, but if not, then at least you gave it a shot.

@ApollosAmour Well I gave it about 1000+ hours. I think I gave it more than a fair shot lol. But when you realize that you forget to log in for the bonuses.. Its kinda when you got to ask yourself,is it worth it? I don't hate PSO2,and maybe when the next episodes releases i'll be more into it. Especially the Phantom class that looks like the kinda shit i'd be all over... Who knows?

@Scerms77 said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in See ya'll on New Genesis:

Cant be that lot of players, according to this :

https://mmos.com/news/phantasy-star-online-2-in-north-america-is-segas-1-f2p-title-and-earned-14m-between-april-june

So it seems, that all the guys dropping this game for ngs or for ship 4 not opening immediatly at demand (and all the other things that people choose to not play this game, the list is too long) are the absolute minority. There are plenty thousands of gamers who are fine with pso2 na.

I wouldn't say money = player count.

besides from the article "It's still far too early to tell if the game will generate meaningful revenues in the West"

Steam numbers all time peak is 20K players, while current is around 15K. I figure Steam/Tweaker is the most popular form of playing the game as the microsoft store launch was absolutely awful. Compare this to other F2P games the Peak seems quite low honestly.

Destiny 2 - 74K current - 292K Peak

Warframe - 54K Current - 155K Peak

PoE - 20K current - 133K Peak

BDO - 16K Current - 60K Peak

Which to be fair, is understandable. The game has been out for years in JP and it's age shows. I am hopeful NGS is able to bring in new life to the game.