Deadlio Gridder Potential - bugged or?

1b8bc600-cb64-48e2-a9f1-47744fdff5bf-image.png

As stated in the potential, knock back is nullified.

Doesn't stop me from getting blasted all over the map, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if this thing is bugged?

Any thoughts?

There are five specific "hit reactions" from enemies , and I know it is easy to assume that they all are "knock back" due to some of the wording in the game:

1. Stagger: When you do that little ducking animation upon being hit but it doesn't interrupt your actions or move your position, like when attacked by a Dagan's scratch
  2. Knock down: When you fall to the ground after being hit, like when hit by a Garongo's charge attack
  3. Knock back: When you are pushed out of position by an enemy attack and go limp for a moment, but stay standing , like with an Udan's kick
  4. Launch: When you get sent flying, like when Zeshraider charges at you
  5. Stun: When you stop moving and go in to a dizzy state, like with a Wolguarda's stomp attack

This potential only blocks #3.

Disappointing, but ultimately the answer I was looking for

I knew it was too good to be true when I read it.

@AndrlCh said in Deadlio Gridder Potential - bugged or?:

There are five specific "hit reactions" from enemies , and I know it is easy to assume that they all are "knock back" due to some of the wording in the game:

1. Stagger: When you do that little ducking animation upon being hit but it doesn't interrupt your actions or move your position, like when attacked by a Dagan's scratch
  2. Knock down: When you fall to the ground after being hit, like when hit by a Garongo's charge attack
  3. Knock back: When you are pushed out of position by an enemy attack and go limp for a moment, but stay standing , like with an Udan's kick
  4. Launch: When you get sent flying, like when Zeshraider charges at you
  5. Stun: When you stop moving and go in to a dizzy state, like with a Wolguarda's stomp attack

This potential only blocks #3.

@AndrlCh Sorry to bother, but this actually leads me to a question that occured to me earlier today along the same lines.

Long term plan for me was to eventually build for this -

6fcf475f-c384-4b2a-9981-197a7190a137-image.png

You wouldn't happen to know what kind of immunity this provides, would you? I would hate to set myself up for disappointment again.

Thank you for your time. The information you provided me in this thread has helped immensely.

Edit - I just re-read your post. I'm going to assume that since it says "knock back" like Deadlio Gridder does, it would be the same thing. Hm.

Don't worry too much. We should have the Wand PA Heavy Hammer soon. When you use it uncharged and hit an enemy, you get a few seconds of Massive for free. You can repeat this as often as you like (as long as you have PP and enemies to hit). Flinching isn't a thing you'll be doing with wand once we have Heavy Hammer.