A question on gear quality at level milestones

So I started leveling summoner as sub. Currently it is about 45. Hoping to go try an extreme hard omor ultimate quest and see how it does so far.

That Nemesis Chain +35 has made a huge difference though!

Maybe I will try techies as suggested as well later on, see how fun that is.

I should maybe try to get me a nem too.... I'm just undecided on which if I'm going to buy it. Either a w-lance or jet boots....

@ZorokiHanuke wired lances seem to be a less popular weapon, not that I get why. But since I got at so low a price compared to other nemesis weapons I looked at I won't complain.

Swords and katanas seem to go for much higher prices, but I tried them and they don't seem any better.

@Frathlir I suppose it's a mix of utility and preferences. Katanas being a preferred weapon is no mystery. Their attacks look awesome even if half of the player base don't use them correctly or just spam dash multislash. Swords are ridiculously easy to use and can pull equally ridiculous damage, but they are as generic as an RPG can get in terms of fun factor. SOME attacks are nice looking, but I'm still unimpressed.

I can understand why w-lance may not be popular. They may be the weapon that almost have it but didn't, in the end. They have almost good damage and almost good utility. But I don't care. I fell in love with how I can move around with them, be airborne for eternity with ease (and even slowly raise by using the swing attack) and spin2win with the crafted pa.

Jet boots are plain awesome. Most attacks are very flashy, some of them cast shifta or deband at the end, and if you want some power, you can just use jetsweep's alt attack (the single kick thing) for some good hurt.

One of the most satisfying things about the wired lance is using the spinny cyclone attack on rappies lmao Cruel and evil, I know, but really hilarious.

@ApollosAmour said in A question on gear quality at level milestones:

One of the most satisfying things about the wired lance is using the spinny cyclone attack on rappies lmao Cruel and evil, I know, but really hilarious.

And then you finish the expedition, go back to gateship, and you get the daily reward box from a rappy.

@ZorokiHanuke said in A question on gear quality at level milestones:

I fell in love with how I can move around with them, be airborne for eternity with ease (and even slowly raise by using the swing attack) and spin2win with the crafted pa.

Hahaha yeah that's what I've been liking about them is the sheer mobility with the PA's it has. Grapple Kick followed by a Heavenly drop on a rappy can be very satisfying after a rough day at work. I've tried a couple ultimate quests as I recently hit level 75 and the only time I actually touch the ground is if an AoE sends me flying and I can recover in time to stay airborne.

Swords and Partisons just have a lack of that pizzazz that I'm not feeling. But man does it feel bad that I can't find a lot of good looking wired lance camo. The few out there are just so...meh. I have a couple I like, but the options are definitely limited.

Sega should show some love to wired lances!

When we get Scion/advance classes mobility goes out the window. They have set abilities that can't be changed. That said you also don't need to farm disks to get them.

So I bought Ray Jet Boots a while back and the tutorial for enhancing says it's best to grind using the same weapon. Would it be better to get the whole +35 from slowly buying Ray Jet Boots? I'm a free player so I grind meseta and don't particularly play very often so I don't get Rising Weapon Badges frequently. Would it be better to just use fodder weapons to +30? I'm level 60 right now.

@Alevity The best way to grind high rarity weapons right now is to use the +30 Revolsios from the collect file. Just three +30 Revolsios can get a 13* from +0 to +30, then you can work on +31-35 with copies of the Ray Jet Boots.

@Alevity I was using low cost 11*/12* gear to grind my Ray up, as buying another was way pricier in comparison. It took a bit longer as I'd end up using a few more Lambda Grinders, but it was still faster overall than trying to save meseta to buy more Ray wired lances to do it.

Keep an eye on the player auction house once you wrack up a few million meseta, you might get lucky on a great find and not have to worry about the grind on your weapon!

@ApollosAmour

My 47 Ranger/ 43 Gunner uses the Weapons Badge 3 Launcher at the moment. Been working great!

Goes to show you don't need the absolute best of the best gear in order to enjoy the game, they have some good things set up to help ease the sting of bad RNG.

@Frathlir Weapon badge 3 gear is pretty strong and actually recently released. I mean, Ray uses weapon badge 2 (and nox uses badge 1). I have a bit more than 100 badge 3s, but I'm saving them because I don't know which character to give new weapons to. After all, alts can do all dailies and weeklies easily even with unenhanced 12 star weapons and 10 star units.

As for launchers though, I'm using Shooting Drive. Been a great work horse so far, and can be used by Gunner main.

@ZorokiHanuke oh dang, nice! I just looked that one up and yeah, I can see that one holding its own in terms of use for a long time! Nice Potential on that one too!

I'm slowly grinding my launcher up, can't wait to see what its potential is at +10! This is for an alt that I use just to goof off in Advance or Expeditions while gathering, so I felt like this was a good way to spend my badges. Given the Ra/Gu build, my RNG is higher than normal so I think I could have used it even sooner than level 47 if I would have thought of checking sooner, hahha