A question on gear quality at level milestones

Hello!

I've only had this game about a month or a bit more, and I have questions about what kind of gear a player should have for their Class at differing milestones.

Why am I asking here about this? Mostly because I just hit level 71/60 as a Hunter Force and I'm wondering what kind of gear is deemed 'acceptable quality' for running things like Ultimate quests and Extremely Hard difficulty.

Gearing in this game is pretty simple, providing you have the Meseta, as so much stuff is in the auction house.

So what is deemed acceptable at levels like 30, 50, 60? What kind of augments and enhancements should be considered for weapons and units at these miletones?

For level 40 and below, use whatever drops and is stronger than what you have. Usually 6-9 star weapons. For lv 50 it's more or less the same thing. Here you will see Deo (10 star) commonly, and MAYBE Sigma will pop up if lucky enough. Use Sigma if you are lucky to get one. Grind the weapon for a bit if you feel underpowered. For over 60 and up, if you can farm/buy Nemesis or slave weapons, go for that. Nox is very cheap on the player shop and isn't bad but it's far from being end game. Gix is somewhere along the middle. In the end no matter the choice, make sure you grind it as high as you can (+35 is max and it's the preferred level), as it will perform much better that way. Also learn affixing. Sure, you can get some already properly affixed weapons on the player market, but they are expensive. Still, affixed weapons that give a bit more power to the class attack stat (100 is a good start), and some PP and if possible, PP recovery, is the way to go.

Also, the newest collection folder gives strong +30 weapons (if I remember, Revolsio) which can be used by your main or by later alts.

For units, below 60, anything 10 stars is still good. Just grind it to +10. Above that, Saiki and Ray are still good alternatives. Also apply the same affix rules to these units.

When looking at the player shop, I set my search options to look for stuff with 4 affixes or more. I check that the affixes are good, like stuff that gives me a good deal of attack power and PP I feel checking for 4 affixes is a good compromise between quality and price. If you don't mind grinding yourself, get the stuff without grind levels. But remember that higher star weapons require a lot more meseta and even rarer materials than grinders, like lambda grinders.

Anyway, I'm not an expert so others may give more appropriate feedback. But based at least on my experience, that's more or less how the curve works.

Thanks, ZorokiHanuke! Your post has been a lot of help! I see some things I already do, some things I should really get going on (like augmenting. I think my units are at an appropriate level where augmenting would feel beneficial).

I'll have to watch for items with augments I want to use. I haven't seen anything give gives 100 to my attack stat, but I haven't hit 80 yet so that may be why.

@Frathlir The +100 to attack stats, I've seen those only on weapons sold at the player shops. The number can go higher on more expensive weapons (I think people have mentioned 200). But if starting out, even a lower number like 45 is good. And you can later give that weapon to an alt or your auxiliary.

For starter. You can get saiki or brissas set until you get your ray units. Just make sure they are all +10. If you want to dish out some meseta you can get the invade units but at 20-30m a piece unaffixed. I wouldnt recommend it if you are starting out.

@Frathlir

anything below lv 70 - doesn matter....make 3 chars - get your free units make them + 10 for almost no meseta....i use these units on my alts to run super hard dailies and maybe grab a sigma

d9701c2b-3bfb-4cd1-a079-5f0865bd04a0-image.png

from level 70 and up use any 11-12 star units you can grab...mix 12 star units with whatever youve got - otherwise just use any 11 star to your liking...if you wanna survive go with units that give lotsa HP and make them +10....if youre a dodge master go for PP/atk to be more efficient (check websites for 11* set bonuses...but dont think that these bonuses are that much important...theyre not)...i run around in ultimate amduskia with 2k hp (lol) youll get 11 star gifted from tokyo keys - so giga easy to grab some but even easier to buy them for a couple K meseta...you play hu/fo ? or fo/hu? - as for weapons...well easy ... get nemesis and be done with....cant afford nemesis? make meseta until you can afford it (equip crit rings and mag L rings as you level up in tokyo using keys....then sell those +20 for 6-9m meseta)....until then just use any nox weapon +30 or the easy to get +30 revolsio from sheets...its also to note that you should make all your chars 75 for titles...its pretty easy with tokyo keys....and then if you got to 75/75 at least + got some decent gear...run ultimate amduskia to fill your alts with gear and grab some good 12* units...dont care much about naverius and lillipa...unless you badly want the titles...otherwise its a hard skip as amduskia feels much much better to farm

but after all - dont care much about "min maxing units" at this point - its pointless....wait for ep 5 and then start caring for affixing stuff....nobody knows whats available but might get some easy13* units who knows...or easy good 12* units....we will see

I run Hu/Fo. I'm working on getting a Revolsio Wired Lance from the collection sheets, almost there, maybe 8 more urgent quests.

I got 11 star unit set going on, Brissa I think it was called. I augmented as best as I could with +Mel, +TEC, +HP. all +10. Currently used Ray Lance +19. All of my in-use skills are level 15-17. My Mag is +100MEL +100 TEC.

So I shouldn't worry too much about augments just yet, just focus more on getting my gear upgraded from 11* units to 12* units and getting a Slave/Nemesis Wired Lance?

@Frathlir stick to brissa until you got your weapon - ya your first priority should be a nemesis....nemesis lance should not be too expensive tbh if thats really the weapon type you wanna go for (not really talking about your build...anybody should just play what they feel like playing...but force sounds abit odd...if you want that magic stuff id go for techer maybe or even bouncer...force is really a meh sub class...like the worst sub class for any class i can think of right now...best with hu would be fi)

theres a 5.7m nemesis chain +35 selling on ship 1 since youre on there...thats actually cheap

Force is a bad sub class? I figured going Force would be the best bet for using techniques to damage mobs. Techter nor Summoner give as much of a TEC bonus as a Force, on top of the damage bonuses for the elements you want.

As to a nemesis going for 5.7 million... I can actually afford that! I'll have to see if it's still there once I'm off work!

@Frathlir

Here's the thing - as a Hunter, you're not really going to be using Techniques to damage enemies, as you're going to be using your PP for your own Photon Arts instead. The reason why Force is a pretty poor choice of a subclass is because in order to use it's offensive techinuques, you're using your PP pool that would be better suited to simply using the Photon Arts or Techniques associated with your main class.

The other problem is that Technique damage scales with TEC, which as a Hunter you should not be stacking. You're going to want a pure MEL Mag and MEL augments, which means that any damage your Techniques would do will scale off completely by the time you gear your Hunter up to damage as it's intended - up close and personal with monsters.

If you want to play a melee caster, you'd be better suited to Techter (Which conviently pairs very well with Hunter). But using a Force subclass on a Hunter with the intention of using offensive techniques just isn't really going to be something you're going to beable to do, especially at higher levels.

What's good about pso2 is you can play however you like with the subclass. If you WANT to play hunter with dishing out offensive tech you can do it but it's just not optimal damage output. Since you will have low tech stats as a hunter main so whatever spells you use will be pretty gimp. We can recommend best optimal sub class, but if you want to use spells as a hunter I would recommend the Summoner sub class.

That class can use tech spells as well and the class sub tree has a 300damage boost you can max out. In the end try out different class combination and see what flows with you.

Thanks for the information folks. I am aware that mixing Hu/Fo would not allow optimal melee damage. I am OK with that. I've been tinkering with the skill simulator and considering a Fighter subclass if I really want go all out on melee damage. I am still considering optional subclasses that still allow access to the techniques I want. Summoner I've seen mentioned in other threads so I might give that one a go.

Edit @JuggernautGTX Thanks for that tip on that Nemesis Chain! I snagged it and started Augmenting as best as I can. Since it only had 1 augment which was Mastery, I changed it to Might III and Casting III. Working on getting more to bump it up sometime soon!

@Frathlir said in A question on gear quality at level milestones:

Thanks for the information folks. I am aware that mixing Hu/Fo would not allow optimal melee damage. I am OK with that. I've been tinkering with the skill simulator and considering a Fighter subclass if I really want go all out on melee damage. I am still considering optional subclasses that still allow access to the techniques I want. Summoner I've seen mentioned in other threads so I might give that one a go.

As I said before, if you really want to play a Melee / Technique hybrid, go try Techter. That sounds very much more up your alley than trying to place a Hunter / Force.

@Frathlir said in A question on gear quality at level milestones:

I am still considering optional subclasses that still allow access to the techniques I want.

summoner is actually a very good choice - it provides nice damage buffs and the usage of techs + you get a passive HP recovery (7.5% hp every 5 seconds) wich can be huge if your HP pool is huge...making your survivability even bigger...also the damage boost of a summoner is insane....i use summoner sub on my ranger cause it provides the listed above buffs to him

https://bit.ly/3iXmvT4

this would be the tree that i would use for hunter...i played alot with summoner and sub or main class and i love it personally

85e6ed66-44fc-42c6-a89e-3458a93f9d85-image.png

this is the passive HP recovery i was refering to

Edit @JuggernautGTX Thanks for that tip on that Nemesis Chain! I snagged it and started Augmenting as best as I can. Since it only had 1 augment which was Mastery, I changed it to Might III and Casting III. Working on getting more to bump it up sometime soon!

good look in future xD

I definitely recommend the Revolsios. They aren't incredible, but my Saika Revolsio served me very well before I got my Slave Cougar. You also get them +30 from collections now without having to grind out Challenge Mode either, which is a huge plus.

Some of the Weapon Badge equipment is nice too. I'm still using my Rikauteri and it's also been great.