Average day in PSO2

just drown yourself in pvp, not sure what you mean by battle arena is full of hackers and people who ruin the game.

Personally have only seen 1 hacker in my 600+ games and a few people i know have seen a few. So its pretty rare, and by people ruining the game, do you mean people who are new or bad at battle arena? Or people who are too good that it's not worth your time to bother with it?

@ImperialOdin217 Nice, glad to hear it. I never played before the PC launch a couple months ago either and I'm enjoying it so far too.

@Raes said in Average day in PSO2:

The end game is the Forums

In that case, we're doomed. 💀 💀 💀

@Lemon-Sama said in Average day in PSO2:

You can't blame Sega if you're the one burning through content faster than they can reasonably give. If the only aspect of the game you enjoy is gear progression, taking a break might be ideal.

You can absolutely blame SEGA since they broke progression gear wise by releasing nem/slave way to early.

I think the nem/slave argument has validity, but it's also a cop-out. I agree that it seems kind of pointless to release gear that trumps everything prior to it much earlier than it's supposed to. But given how fast we're progressing, I also thinks it's a necessary evil so that we're not building gear and scrapping it every few weeks.

Aside from that though, didn't this thread start out by implying (and then stating) that there's NOTHING to do aside from checking some dailies? Why are we blaming gear all of a sudden? Gear doesn't account for the story, the events, the social aspect, the battle ships, or anything else.

@ApollosAmour said in Average day in PSO2:

I think the nem/slave argument has validity, but it's also a cop-out. I agree that it seems kind of pointless to release gear that trumps everything prior to it much earlier than it's supposed to. But given how fast we're progressing, I also thinks it's a necessary evil so that we're not building gear and scrapping it every few weeks.

Aside from that though, didn't this thread start out by implying (and then stating) that there's NOTHING to do aside from checking some dailies? Why are we blaming gear all of a sudden? Gear doesn't account for the story, the events, the social aspect, the battle ships, or anything else.

It does account for things to sink time into/do though

@XenoBladeX37645 Sure, but I don't know how that negates everything else that you can do. It's primarily affected by rare drops and meseta, but the game is more than just that.

Bought nemesis week 1 there's more to the game than just gear progression. I just enjoy turning it on and have fun with the combat. Like those insane few people who slave in bloody palace in DMC for years to optimize their combos, i approach PSO2 the same way. I can put thousands of hours into just getting decent at one class. Every new boss and UQ is just fun to jump into alone and see how much faster i can get. To be granted, YMT isn't the most fun to solo (it takes like 20 minutes), but Mother is coming soon, and i'm really looking forward to that and i couldn't care less if it drops something or not.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Average day in PSO2:

You can absolutely blame SEGA since they broke progression gear wise by releasing nem/slave way to early.

The argument makes sense but I don't understand how it applies for this particular discussion. For someone who progresses in everything else in the game this quickly, wouldn't they just get any new BIS gear within 24 hours and immediately go back to being bored? 🤔

Even if Nemesis / Slave weren't the strongest, they wouldn't be adding new BIS gear every week and it'd need to at least be that frequent to keep their interest if none of the game's many other facilities have any appeal whatsoever.

1. Work
  2. Survive Life
  3. Graduate School
  4. Play
  5. Remaining time. Eat/Sleep if available.

@Shirokami07 Don't even bother. You're always going to ahve the fanboys defending this game's flaws. Kinda why I stopped caring about voicing my concerns for this game. This game that I waited 10 years to play just to realize this is lacking in content and that they just want to milk money out of people. PSO2 has become a massive joke and all my friends now do like me,log in for the bonuses and hope that one day we get something to do because we all have our Nemesis/Slave and in my case multiple of them. Yay for PSO2...

@Morgothryuzaki Does it really make you a fanboy to point out that someone's grinding content too fast and expecting the game to deliver something that it's never going to? To be honest, most people that grind MMOs tend to get on board, rush to the end game, and then raid all day to grind gear. PSO2 just doesn't seem like it's ever going to be great for that.

Maybe ArcheAge would be more geared for a player like that, but if you don't like being "milked" for cash then good luck.

@ApollosAmour I suppose that it may be because (me again with my assumptions) that the Japanese may do things differently with their f2p models compared to Koreans, of which we in the west are already used to see. Perhaps the JP player doesn't like grinds too much, and their play time many not be as intended to that than a Korean player, who we have been told time and time again they have less qualms about long grinds and trickle reward systems.

@ZorokiHanuke I might agree, but MapleStory 2 is even more casual than PSO2 so it's definitely not the rule. There's also Final Fantasy XIV where the grind is almost torture unless you start swiping and it has expensive cosmetics akin to its Korean counterparts.

At the end of the day, I guess I'm just really confused over all of the complaints. It seems like the goal posts change constantly and it always boils down to complimenting JP as the superior version but never wanting to be advised to play it instead. It's a lose-lose ultimately.

@ApollosAmour Damnit. I miss my MS2 characters..... why it had to die... Anyway, I did hear MS2 end game was actually quite a grind in the end. The rest of the game was casual and social friendly, though.