Blacklist and block not working

A friend and few others are experiencing issues when it comes to blocking RMT bots.

Blocking a Xbox/Microsoft-PC usually takes about a minute for it to work. Blacklisting on Steam is supposed to work immediately. However, neither form of blocking has been working.

This is extremely problematic as these bots have adopted the use of /toge and are spamming incredibly fast. It's essentially blocking friends from entering busy blocks.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

A temporary solution that I found to work is to completely remove everyone on your blacklist and start fresh.

Just an update on this matter. Even after clearing out the blacklist and blacklisting a bot, it no longer works. It just says that I already have that person blocked.

Now I'm forced to deal with the constant spam.

@Empty-Skies

I am all of the sudden dealing with this issue!!! It’s crazy and mad annoying

its same on pc they just delete or make another account like every 30 mins i think they need add some level cap or something to make it so you can use area talk. but then probably no help idk i wish they just do like others and find way of blocking script bots or something worst ones are the ones using block transfer you try report them but they go in and go to next lobby.

@DemonBunny said in Blacklist and block not working:

its same on pc they just delete or make another account like every 30 mins i think they need add some level cap or something to make it so you can use area talk. but then probably no help idk i wish they just do like others and find way of blocking script bots or something worst ones are the ones using block transfer you try report them but they go in and go to next lobby.

In Grand Fantasia / X-Legend games, whispering / tell'ing a person who has blocked you will give you an error message. Bots use this error message to instantly delete their characters/etc. and make a new one within seconds. GMs told people at Aeria games not to block bots as a result, as they required them to be active and on said character to check the chat logs and ban them.

I don't block people anymore unless it's a real person that grinds my gears.

I know in Final Fantasy XIV, bots have their own blacklist database they've compiled of usernames/etc. that they will never /tell or /whisper because they've been known to report bots/etc. Bots in FFXIV also use map cache data so they can find players to /tell / whisper without having to ever see them, as when you use any chat type (even /tell or /whisper) in FFXIV, the map cache server will record your character/username. This includes changing areas, and casting spells/etc. as well as conversing with seemingly cross-server chats like Guild/Free Company.