So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.

@ApollosAmour said in So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.:

Bait lol

But it's pretty apparent that a lot of people are making mountains out of mole hills and that some of the concern has been disingenuous. Personally, I think the majority of the unrest comes from constant comparisons to what JP's doing or has done and how NA is subpar by default. Doing that, you'll never run out of reasons to be upset.

Agree .....100 percent!

@Ki-Rin said in So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.:

Nice circlejerk. The game has many issues but many are being solved by SEGA and I am glad they at least listen unlike most Developers.

Wow! Really coming from the bandwagon complainers Guild!

@GamerKillance said in So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.:

https://mmos.com/news/phantasy-star-online-2-in-north-america-is-segas-1-f2p-title-and-earned-14m-between-april-june

Ya this TOTALLY isn't doing well. Also gratz Sega/Microsoft. Looking forward to more profits for the game and funding of new genesis!

I mean this is nice but who would expect any different? The game just released, NA includes more countries than JP so yeah NA is going to make more money total. Even in the link it says "It's still far too early to tell if the game will generate meaningful revenues in the West"

wait 14 million? what the actual duck....that means 100.000 players spent 140 USD on average at this game? that would make it 14 million...any expert who knows exactly how to count it properly?

@JuggernautGTX Well according to steamDB PSO2 has about 15k peak players at a time playing it.

Then you got the arkslayer people and MS store people.

Then reading upon comments like: I've spent 500 bucks on this game! I spent 120 and that's normal!

So yeah, it's just a couple of whales who dish out insane sums.

@SleeprunnerInc yup that's 15k on top of whatever MS Store count is as well. Sucks MS store doesn't list the player count like how steam does it .

Wait people are trying to discredit this? Lol

alt text

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.:

@GamerKillance said in So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.:

https://mmos.com/news/phantasy-star-online-2-in-north-america-is-segas-1-f2p-title-and-earned-14m-between-april-june

Ya this TOTALLY isn't doing well. Also gratz Sega/Microsoft. Looking forward to more profits for the game and funding of new genesis!

I mean this is nice but who would expect any different? The game just released, NA includes more countries than JP so yeah NA is going to make more money total. Even in the link it says "It's still far too early to tell if the game will generate meaningful revenues in the West"

LUL

If referencing what is actually written in the article (if you read it) is considered discrediting then sure I guess.

"but I suspect the vast majority of this 13.5B Yen would come from PSO2 in North America, especially since the game's PC launch has been incredibly strong"

Despite the insanely bad MS release it is still "incredibly strong" probably thanks to its fair monetization wich seems to attract majority of paying players (we have some unpleased people in every game no matter how fair a game is but thank god its a minority for each successful game)

I think people forgot to mention these claims that the game wont last or will fail are normally from people that consider themselves experts in the field because they played video games a couple years.

@Ukyo-Sonoda said in So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.:

I think people forgot to mention these claims that the game wont last or will fail are normally from people that consider themselves experts in the field because they played video games a couple years.

Oh like the same people who think they know how to sell games just because they play them. Man I feel bad for gaming stores when they get resumes like that.

@GamerKillance Gamestop~~ I'm glad it went out of business in finland.

Stop just stop!