So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.

https://mmos.com/news/phantasy-star-online-2-in-north-america-is-segas-1-f2p-title-and-earned-14m-between-april-june

Ya this TOTALLY isn't doing well. Also gratz Sega/Microsoft. Looking forward to more profits for the game and funding of new genesis!

Bait lol

But it's pretty apparent that a lot of people are making mountains out of mole hills and that some of the concern has been disingenuous. Personally, I think the majority of the unrest comes from constant comparisons to what JP's doing or has done and how NA is subpar by default. Doing that, you'll never run out of reasons to be upset.

Eh.. there is always those that just want something absolutely perfect without any issues. Let alone that after some ill-fated attempts you have a overgrown adolescent throwing a temper tantrum because they had to deal with X issue for the 20th time. I wonder, how do these individuals fair IRL?, that's a scary thought.

@ApollosAmour said in So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.:

Bait lol

But it's pretty apparent that a lot of people are making mountains out of mole hills and that some of the concern has been disingenuous. Personally, I think the majority of the unrest comes from constant comparisons to what JP's doing or has done and how NA is subpar by default. Doing that, you'll never run out of reasons to be upset.

There was a thread that lasted awhile before being locked that claimed this game NA version will die by the end of the year. That 14 million revenue clearly states otherwise. Wonder where they are now?

Congrats Sega and Microsoft. I'm glad to see this.

@GamerKillance said in So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.:

@ApollosAmour said in So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.:

Bait lol

There was a thread that lasted awhile before being locked that claimed this game NA version will die by the end of the year. That 14 million revenue clearly states otherwise. Wonder where they are now?

I completely remember that thread, but modesty does not allow me to post specific forum names that were in that thread. But, ya according to that ill -fated prediction of their foresight PSO2 was doomed.

Of course , lets not forget those "other" forum goers" that had all sorts of "Best Business practices" , because Sega and Microsoft were going at all wrong. Those same individuals also predicted that "there would not be as many problems IF PSO2 was to be released on steam" Yet - Steam has had issues as well, Albeit maybe not a many as the ones that were first introduced thru the MS store app, but still.

Well played Sega, Very impressive, I will continue to expect great things from you .

@GamerKillance said in So this game isn't doing well according to some vocal people over minor issues.:

Bait lol

That's exactly what I mean. People being doomers for one reason or another, but mostly because they're upset comparing it to JP (as far as I've noticed). The only problem is that the majority of people playing probably don't care about any of that and are just having fun enjoying the game, which the numbers are reflecting.

The success is great news. 😃

Nice circlejerk. The game has many issues but many are being solved by SEGA and I am glad they at least listen unlike most Developers.

les goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

There were only a few people at launch saying it wasn't doing well. When a game is constantly deleting itself people aren't going to stick around. It's good that it's doing well but I think it's partly because of the guys at Arks-layer. Having the tweaker out was a godsend. Never had my client delete itself again.

Of course , lets not forget those "other" forum goers" that had all sorts of "Best Business practices" , because Sega and Microsoft were going at all wrong. Those same individuals also predicted that "there would not be as many problems IF PSO2 was to be released on steam" Yet - Steam has had issues as well, Albeit maybe not a many as the ones that were first introduced thru the MS store app, but still.

I mean, let's not pretend otherwise. The MS Store was an absolute disaster, though it was more of a failing on Microsoft's side than Sega's. They were right that there would have been less problems if it had been released on Steam instead, because at least the game wouldn't clone itself into a folder that you had to take specific measures to even obtain access to, let alone make changes to. It was never really designed to deal with a large MMO game like PSO2, and Sega really should have done more research into it before going that route.

Either way though, I'm glad the game is doing well. I know I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

I'm too lazy to look but I'm rather in a ok state with the game. Could be worse...could be BDO, or Tera, like all those comment posters come from, lmao.

@Zenny No kidding, the PC launch would've been completely over had the tweaker not existed. At least now with the Steam release, the problem should be solved.

PSO2 was never gona fail tbh.

There's enough people who will play it for ATLEAST a year which is the promised time we were given for all the content.

What happens afterwards?

No one knows.

It's also smart to release PSO2 even if it does have its issues since NGS is coming and imagine how pissed people would be to learn that you could have earned X things before it's release to move over to NGS.

And imagine if the game was released AFTER NGS.

Boy that would have been a disaster.

But hell, I'm glad it's gathering profits.

We will see if it continues to rake in those profits OR start going downhill.

This Game will die until the end of the year

Change my Mind

sarcasm.jpg