regarding the censorship BS on the steam forums...

@HarmlessSyan said in regarding the censorship BS on the steam forums...:

@Alexandrious947 perhaps I'm just confused to what you are saying about bra and bikini and Megumin looking 18, to me she does not, at least not the promotional pictures - I'm not exactly into the series that much, only snippets and clips here and there.

You should watch it! The main protag is a riot.

Yes, they remove height restrictions and then what happens? Ppl will want the breast restrictions removed next. Cmon, you know what will happen if they remove the censorship.

Nothing other than people being able to make shorter characters and/or characters with larger breasts.

Also have to remind you that you can fully customize female voices to not only sound childlike, but they moan when getting hit by VIOLENCE as well.

I mean, there are plenty of games where children are hit by violence. Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time has a child Link getting attacked by all sorts of things. Let's also not forget the Senran Kagura series where many of their characters are under 18 and they even have a loli character that is 14-15.

You gotta think harder brah if ya wanna keep away da feds!

If they haven't shut down plenty of other companies, I doubt they will shut down Sega.

Also the light novels are not officially dubbed for our region.

https://www.amazon.com/Konosuba-Blessing-Wonderful-Useless-Goddess/dp/0316553379

Official English copies of the light novel has been around since 2017.

@Archetype-Luna said in regarding the censorship BS on the steam forums...:

Yes, they remove height restrictions and then what happens? Ppl will want the breast restrictions removed next. Cmon, you know what will happen if they remove the censorship.

Nothing other than people being able to make shorter characters and/or characters with larger breasts.

Also have to remind you that you can fully customize female voices to not only sound childlike, but they moan when getting hit by VIOLENCE as well.

I mean, there are plenty of games where children are hit by violence. Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time has a child Link getting attacked by all sorts of things. Let's also not forget the Senran Kagura series where many of their characters are under 18 and they even have a loli character that is 14-15.

You gotta think harder brah if ya wanna keep away da feds!

If they haven't shut down plenty of other companies, I doubt they will shut down Sega.

Also the light novels are not officially dubbed for our region.

https://www.amazon.com/Konosuba-Blessing-Wonderful-Useless-Goddess/dp/0316553379

Official English copies of the light novel has been around since 2017.

But riddle me this.

Does link moan sexually when hit? Newp. Is link wearing a thong, speedo, or g string? Newp Does link do any chair dances? Newp.

NEXT!

@Alexandrious947 i am confused here...so you do approve the portayal of 13 years old anime girls in game as long as they say "she is 18" - but you are strongly against lifting the height censorship...where is the double standards meme when you need it

@Alexandrious947 Link was an example to the violence. If you want sexually explicit situations, look no further than Senran Kagura.

@JuggernautGTX said in regarding the censorship BS on the steam forums...:

@Alexandrious947 i am confused here...so you do approve the portayal of 13 years old anime girls in game as long as they say "she is 18" - but you are strongly against lifting the height censorship...where is the double standards meme when you need it

If she says shes 18 and her adventurer registration state granted drivers license says shes 18, then she must be 18!

But in the end it doesnt matter. Has someone said, the company handling the game, is Pro Censorship, and for good reason.

Time to end this thread and autolock any future ones.

@Alexandrious947 Can you prove that she said she was 18? I have always seen her state her age to be younger. Plus the Japanese version of the show has been simulcasted in the west and nothing ever happened to the company that simulcasted it. Let's not forget Legend of Crimson has been shown in US theaters with its Japanese audio. So even if she is stated to be 18 in the dub; versions of her as her age as stated in the Japanese versions have made it to the west without any issue.

@Alexandrious947 ok so you should file a ticket or post in suggestion thread that they need to censor the konosuba collab asap since you are pro censorship - also they need to censor the height restriction even further to lets say 1.80meter minimum - since there are countries with 14 years old girls being far above 1.70meter...and they could potentially be abused by predators in game...this is just the beginning of censorship - we have to stand up and show the world how important it is to have characters above 1.80m and not shorter!

@ApollosAmour said in regarding the censorship BS on the steam forums...:

@Solva-tan They talk to us but they don't contribute to these sorts of threads for good reason imo.

This right here!

@Alexandrious947 Can you prove that she said she was 18? I have always seen her state her age to be younger.

Its in the wiki and dub. Regardless. Gloves off now. Just like on steam forums its time to call out what this really is. Those that argue against the censorship and keep trying to bring up all these false exceptions like that one other game mentioned which apparently on its wiki has all the girls listed as 18 at youngest. Some even 22 plus spite being 15 in the japanese wiki. Clearly shows what their intentions are.

You can make characters already short enough as is. You do not need it to be shorter, the only reason you and anyone wants shorter is cuz then it will lead to breast restriction removal, so you can then make little girls to sexualize which I and others have repeated time and time again and gave a link to our own laws, you know what laws are right, they keep us from behaving like ANIMALS, is completely illegal in North America. Now I understand you young types think you should be able to do what you want and any rules, laws, guidelines and morals should be changed to how you see fit, but its time you grew up and realize you cant always get your way.

Dont bring your pedo crap to our game. You want it so badly? Mod it in like the rest who are smart enough to keep their mouths shut and do what they want in secret which is fine long as no one knows about it. Its still illegal, can get you banned, even jailed if found out about, but ppl have been modding that crap in.

This thread needs to end. @GM-Bleed

@Alexandrious947 Can you prove that she said she was 18? I have always seen her state her age to be younger.

Eh, isn't the argument for height restriction based on how a character looks not how old they are stated to be? Else everyone with short characters can claim they are of age.

I still don't really see how you would consider Megumin 18 though, not from the promotion stuff I've seen :x Think the JP version age fits her more.

Im not even going to bother to look at that Steam Forum post. You can effectively offer a point of view and say what is appropriate and what is not. But to expect to have moderation that you want is more than likely not going to happen, At least not on that level. The best thing to do , is to just simply Send a support ticket and include screencaps and thats it, Let them handle it from there.

@HarmlessSyan

Right, the thing about calling a 10 year old that wants to be called 18 is, they're still 10.

Sorry, not sorry people.

@Alexandrious947 said in regarding the censorship BS on the steam forums...:

Its in the wiki and dub. Regardless. Gloves off now. Just like on steam forums its time to call out what this really is. Those that argue against the censorship and keep trying to bring up all these false exceptions like that one other game mentioned which apparently on its wiki has all the girls listed as 18 at youngest. Some even 22 plus spite being 15 in the japanese wiki. Clearly shows what their intentions are.

You can make characters already short enough as is. You do not need it to be shorter, the only reason you and anyone wants shorter is cuz then it will lead to breast restriction removal, so you can then make little girls to sexualize which I and others have repeated time and time again and gave a link to our own laws, you know what laws are right, they keep us from behaving like ANIMALS, is completely illegal in North America. Now I understand you young types think you should be able to do what you want and any rules, laws, guidelines and morals should be changed to how you see fit, but its time you grew up and realize you cant always get your way.

Dont bring your pedo crap to our game. You want it so badly? Mod it in like the rest who are smart enough to keep their mouths shut and do what they want in secret which is fine long as no one knows about it. Its still illegal, can get you banned, even jailed if found out about, but ppl have been modding that crap in.

This thread needs to end. @GM-Bleed

There are already many people who outright act like that IRL. Attitude of self entitlement, Doing whatever they please , Least they get reprimanded and suddenly you are the one that is labeled as being racist.

@HarmlessSyan said in regarding the censorship BS on the steam forums...:

Eh, isn't the argument for height restriction based on how a character looks not how old they are stated to be? Else everyone with short characters can claim they are of age.

I still don't really see how you would consider Megumin 18 though, not from the promotion stuff I've seen :x Think the JP version age fits her more.

Lad Ive been around the world, and actually dated Japanese women who looked similar to her in proportional appearance but were 21 plus. In the end it does not matter. Our laws state what we cannot have and do and the ones who want these restrictions removed wants to be able to break those laws.

And I say, either mod it in and dont tell anyone, or go play the JP client.