Server Disconnects

After the update today I have been disconnected 3 times from the server. Anyone else experiencing this? I have Steam with Tweaker to run the game. Also on NA Ship 2.

I'm on ship 3 and I've had the same problems. Just today, I got disconnected. A few times, it was because of my internet connection (FU ATT!!). But recently, the servers themselves have been doing that. Regardless of what system you've had, there's that problem.

If the servers are on steam too, then they do need to fix it.

But I've had this same problem with Microsoft.

Just recently, blocks have been decreasing because some of them were barely used.

So I hope that there's response to this post.

I still use the MS Store version with PSO2 Tweaker and don't have any disconnects with Spectrum as the ISP. As for the servers, they are shared between MS Store (XBOX One and PC) and Steam, and they are all on Microsoft's Azure Cloud Servers.

i have been getting lot of disconnects on ship 3 mostly at night time which makes it hard to do stuff like adv sometimes i can be talking to an npc in lobby/shop area and just get booted to login screen. i'm on steam idk whats going on sounds like something connectivity wise on their end cause most my other mmos have no issues

@DemonBunny said in Server Disconnects:

i have been getting lot of disconnects on ship 3 mostly at night time which makes it hard to do stuff like adv sometimes i can be talking to an npc in lobby/shop area and just get booted to login screen. i'm on steam idk whats going on sounds like something connectivity wise on their end cause most my other mmos have no issues

The servers are just sensitive to packet-loss unlike most MMOs since this game is nowhere near like most other MMOs. It also requires a lot more connection requests to keep track of where players are in-game and the like when logged in. If your connection isn't completely stable, there will be packet-loss that will result in a server disconnect.

idk could be something of where servers are compared to where i am because i know there are some areas down to the west of me still due to last couple hurricanes who knows guess could be worse we could have server outages alot

Very bad connection on my side too, got disconnected three to four times while doing the same urgent quest. Thankfully some of the folks I grouped up with were from my alliance, and I can still VC with them via discord. I hope other people don't report me for leaving the party so much, it is not like I logout on purpose.

FYI, PSO2 JP is more stable than this and this problem only arise after the latest update. And yes, Im from ship 3 too.

Been having the same issue since last maint when they removed blocks. 4-8 disconnects per day, not linked to any specific occurrence within the game, all connection difficulties limited to the PSO2 client. 0% packet loss when it happens as well. This has gotten to the point where the only thing I can safely do in-game is chat in lobby - I won't take the risk of losing progress to a disconnect if I actually play.

(EDIT: I am also on Ship 3, looks like the problem is more prevalent there)

i think it is a ship 3 issue as stated before i have issues not its just getting more of an issue i can't even thing of doing adv stuff and kinda afraid to do anything ticket wise cause i may disconnect hell i disconnected 2x during an urgent which made me mad cause we almost killed the thing both times plz someone from sega fix this issue fast

I am also having this issue as well I am no ship 2

I finally gave up a few hours ago and uninstalled, made sure to clear leftover registry keys and everything before reinstalling, and I haven't had a disconnect since (knock on wood). But before that I did the following things, in order:

• Checked pso2.exe network activity while questing and while in lobby to see if any packet loss or hiccups were happening on my end before disconnect (0%, never saw any issues)

• Reset my network stack in cmd and restart, disconnects did not improve

• Turned off IPv6, to no avail

• Finally wiped my install and redownloaded using Tweaker as before, which worked.

I hate that I'm recommending reinstallation of a ~90gb game, but if you're having this issue and the usual troubleshooting doesn't work for you, it might be time for the nuclear option.