Xbox lag?

@ailish100 As was stated by another user, the Steam version of the game runs fine. When running through a Microsoft account on PC it stutters the same way it does on console, so the issue may be related to Microsoft's side of the deal. Whether or not that's the issue, remains to be seen, but it definitely comes and goes. Today it ran fine, even on full blocks, but that was my luck with it today, as yesterday I kept screen locking. How quickly it gets fixed, is another issue entirely. I'd say be patient in this regard.

Confirmed, it's the xbox/microsoft integrations causing the lag. It freezes the whole game and system until it gets a response from those services, sometimes resulting in a 630.

@ZENCHI said in Xbox lag?:

Confirmed, it's the xbox/microsoft integrations causing the lag. It freezes the whole game and system until it gets a response from those services, sometimes resulting in a 630.

Thanks for looking to confirm that this is a ongoing issue regardless.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Xbox lag?:

@ailish100 As was stated by another user, the Steam version of the game runs fine. When running through a Microsoft account on PC it stutters the same way it does on console, so the issue may be related to Microsoft's side of the deal. Whether or not that's the issue, remains to be seen, but it definitely comes and goes. Today it ran fine, even on full blocks, but that was my luck with it today, as yesterday I kept screen locking. How quickly it gets fixed, is another issue entirely. I'd say be patient in this regard.

We've been dealing with this since pc launch, instead if losing our minds like animals we waited to see if there would be a fix and sadly there has been none.

@GM-Deynger said in Xbox lag?:

@Lwyu said in Xbox lag?:

Lol worth a try, its becoming a serious issue, would be nice if its tackled before it expands. @GM-Deynger

I have been summoned. I will communicate this to the rest of the PSO2 Team. Thank you for letting us know!

Thank you.

It has only been getting worse. I might have to open another ticket because it has become almost unplayable.

It hasnt changed for me that much either, the constant frame drop is insane, and Ive started to dc every time I afk for 10 minutes.

@Lwyu I've had dc issues like that since day one. It only happens for me if I do anything else on my Xbox (like use Edge to check the forum).

Just wanted to report the same thing here. Series X and Series S are having a bad time in moderately to high population lobbies, even at defaults or lower settings. Hopefully these can be addressed. I'm on a legitimately underpowered laptop and even that seems to have less of a hard time in these lobbies.

@ShiftaDeband said in Xbox lag?:

Just wanted to report the same thing here. Series X and Series S are having a bad time in moderately to high population lobbies, even at defaults or lower settings. Hopefully these can be addressed. I'm on a legitimately underpowered laptop and even that seems to have less of a hard time in these lobbies.

It's not the console power, it's a conectivity issue with xbox integration which stops the processing threads when they open connection instead of parallel connecting. In PC it has the same behavior when running the game through xbox app.

It's not the console power, it's a conectivity issue with xbox integration which stops the processing threads when they open connection instead of parallel connecting. In PC it has the same behavior when running the game through xbox app.

All the GM's can do is notify them about the ongoing issue, but it doesn't seem like they even care. So while their xbox fanbase is dying off, and leaving they're over here making emergency maintenance claiming they'll give us more information, and never posting the god damn information.

@Lwyu said in Xbox lag?:

All the GM's can do is notify them about the ongoing issue, but it doesn't seem like they even care. So while their xbox fanbase is dying off, and leaving they're over here making emergency maintenance claiming they'll give us more information, and never posting the god damn information.

Nothing they can do, it's on Microsoft for their shit design of their application freezing the game every single time it has to load a player's info.

Btw, do you guys lag if you're:

1. Not in an alliance
  2. Alone in a locked personal quarters

It shouldn't happen because there should be no xbox app intervention there.

@Lwyu said in Xbox lag?:

Nothing they can do, it's on Microsoft for their shit design of their application freezing the game every single time it has to load a player's info.

Btw, do you guys lag if you're:

1. Not in an alliance
  2. Alone in a locked personal quarters

It shouldn't happen because there should be no xbox app intervention there.

No I lag almost never in those cases, but if its microsofts issue, its sega's job to hit them up about them ruining the game for their consumers.