Xbox lag?

Damn that sucks.. Since you on Xbox not much you can really do unless you get a stronger xbox or turn down the settings.

I've also been having this issue. Moments where everything is fine then the framerate spikes like crazy for no reason at all, even when there's nobody in the area close to me or around me. Something doesn't feel right. I get the xbox isn't as powerful as a PC, but I can argue if we can run games like Monster Hunter World or the upcoming games, we should be able to run Pso2 fine.

Was happening to me badly. Even after fast resets, going to lowest volume servers, I found what worked best was clearing my full cache by doing a hard reset. Hold X box button and pull power cord. Leave for 5 minutes. Log back in, clear Blueray cache and change DPS server to a code closer to your house from a google search. Worked for me.

I also turned off the tv moniters in game.

Ship 3. For some strange reason win10 ver constantly kicks me off. Lost 2 gold keys runs before i switched to the steam ver. Its too bad because i feel the win10 ver looks better as far as colors go, imo.

@overfiend78 Steams colors are fine. What's happened is that there are graphics options that are lacking, which was true of even the PC version on the Microsoft store. One of the major issues is a brightness setting. I play on console, and turned mine down, as it made the colors pop better, and reduces screen bleaching. My brother on the other hand, has the Steam copy, and that brightness slider is non existent. So his entire screens white balance is off.

@Jamesmor said in Xbox lag?:

first this is not caused by the servers, if it were then everyone will be suffering with the same issue but the only ones with these problem are the ones with consoles or people with computers that are not that strong because they can't handle the spaghetti code of the game

Sorry, but they are right. My girlfriend has been playing on XBone, and ever since the Ep4/Steam update (I can't remember if those were on the same day), the game has been unplayable there. Before the update, everything was just gravy. The graphics were a little bit uglier than on PC, and the framerate wasn't silky smooth, but it was more than playable. I've been playing on PC, which is very likely a separate client than the XBone, and none of these issues have popped up.

I don't know if it's the servers or not, but they seriously broke something in the XBone version of the game with that update. It's not just in the lobby, it's not "quantity of players", it is not "quality of internet connection", it's not "the hardware can't handle the game"...it happens on loading screens, it happens in the drop ship, it happens during missions, it happens in empty blocks, it happens in the salon, it happens everywhere, and a few weeks ago it did not happen. "I couldn't move or type for five minutes" isn't an exaggeration, the game is now un-play-a-ble.

@Albedo said in Xbox lag?:

Damn that sucks.. Since you on Xbox not much you can really do unless you get a stronger xbox or turn down the settings.

More then likely the only option. Xbox One has several models that leave the previous one always in the dust. So without know OP model there's little to be done.

Better grab that Series X for New Genesis.

@Asaki could be true, could be a port issue for xbox in general. OG Xbox One is behind PS4. But PSO2 on PS4 plays pristine.

I play on xbox X and have no issues besides some stutter when going to a crowded lobby.

Once all models are loaded it runs perfectly fine. I also have no issues in any other areas. And I am located in germany!

So I guess, the problem lies somewhere at the provider.

Edit : after playing, I shut the xbox completly off, no standby mode! Dont know if that helps with the cache or anything....

@Scerms77 said in Xbox lag?:

Edit : after playing, I shut the xbox completly off, no standby mode! Dont know if that helps with the cache or anything....

That does help with the caching on content on both XVOX and Playstation. Every time either system is shut down, it refreshes the memory and clears the cache, when it is working properly. Sometimes, it must be done manually on PS4, though, but I'm not sure if that is possible on XBOX.

I'm going to chime in here. I've been playing since beta on Xbox with a Xbox one x. I rarely ever had issues with frames dropping and character models not loading, i could be in block one with the premium slots almost full and I would only experience issues loading in. After the episode 5 drop and subsequent emergency maintenance, I have insane frame drops and failed characters assets + models even in half full lobbies. Im suspecting something with the update has screwed with the xbox side of the client, nothing has changed on my end as far as settings or ISP ( gigabit speeds).

@Bass-Captain-2 said in Xbox lag?:

I'm going to chime in here. I've been playing since beta on Xbox with a Xbox one x. I rarely ever had issues with frames dropping and character models not loading, i could be in block one with the premium slots almost full and I would only experience issues loading in. After the episode 5 drop and subsequent emergency maintenance, I have insane frame drops and failed characters assets + models even in half full lobbies. Im suspecting something with the update has screwed with the xbox side of the client, nothing has changed on my end as far as settings or ISP ( gigabit speeds).

Same here. Playing on Xbox one x and never had issues...but lately i recognize stuttering even in uncrowded places.

This is most definitely a coding issue with the game caused by updates and reiterations. Not the users fault. They pushed something out that wasn't ready or fully tested. Bad company policy.