Xbox lag?

Anyone else getting a lot more lag on xbox now? FPS is really dropping hard..

Its patch day. Pretty normal for mmo's.

@GamerKillance said in Xbox lag?:

Its patch day. Pretty normal for mmo's.

On previous patch days no matter how many people logged on,there wasnt many issues at all, 0 lag. Now its constant. I fixed it bylowering my graphic qualities which ive never had to do before.

I've only been noticing it in the gate and shopping plaza areas

It has to do with the number of player character models loading in at one time.

@Lwyu what you are suffering is not lag is low fps and is affected with the quantity of players in the same place so if you are seeing your frames going down just go to a block with less players

yep, I'm having it.. especially the lobby when BOT are spamming their advertisement... the lag even freezes my chara.. and the transfer loading took forever now..

Im using Xbox S.. I know its weak system.. but if going to even not "full" lobby (of course with bot there, congrats the game) getting freezes.. Its called failed deployment on my opinion..

Frame rate and too many player models loading my ass... these servers are trash. This “frame rate” drop happens when I’m in the menu choosing the ship while it’s loading into it. Everything is skipping or completely freezing. Was just stuck in a game where I couldn’t move or even type for like 5 minutes. And it happens while I’m loading to or from the lobby to the gateway and into games. It’s the server. Period. And it’s broken. This is what happens when games can update whenever the hell they want... I wish games would go back to how they used to be, and actually be made well and released as a working game. Not release it broken and fix it along the way. Video games have been turning to trash for the past 15 years or so... so frustrating. If I was in charge of some of these companies, so many idiots would be fired.

@Almighty-Haki got all out of your system? good then time for you to learn then

first this is not caused by the servers, if it were then everyone will be suffering with the same issue but the only ones with these problem are the ones with consoles or people with computers that are not that strong because they can't handle the spaghetti code of the game

"But is a 8 years old game this shouldn't be happening" no is exactly because is a 8 years old game that has this problems, the code is not made to modern hardware and differently from computers consoles system is not open to several manufacturers and softwares making then more difficult to deal with code made for different hardware also this game was made for Playstation system and not for Xbox system that are coded in different ways, to have an idea the fps affects the loading time of PSO2.

second before start blaming the servers check the quality of internet connection, this game is online that means that data traffic will affect the game.

I do agree with the part of games in recent years had being bad with the release now and fix it later but not all companies do that and MMOs well they can't just be made perfectly because they run in a server and doesn't matter how many tests are made they will always gonna have issues

@Jamesmor

Are you finished? Did YOU get everything out? You sound like a pso2 brown nosed fan boy.

I disagree... I’ve been playing video games my entire life. And I’ve played online MMO’s that didn’t lag this hard. Or excuse me, have such a massive framerate drop. The first phantasy star didn’t lag this hard and ancient Internet back then was not nearly as fast as we have now. I have more than enough bandwidth to handle any game. And why did this problem start happening just a few weeks ago? I had no problems until a few weeks ago when they had server maintenance and we had to choose the other ships that were offline.

You’re saying then having all of these unscheduled server maintenance for hours at a time is because of framerate? I doubt it.

@Almighty-Haki said in Xbox lag?:

@Jamesmor

Are you finished? Did YOU get everything out? You sound like a pso2 brown nosed fan boy.

I disagree... I’ve been playing video games my entire life. And I’ve played online MMO’s that didn’t lag this hard. Or excuse me, have such a massive framerate drop. The first phantasy star didn’t lag this hard and ancient Internet back then was not nearly as fast as we have now. I have more than enough bandwidth to handle any game. And why did this problem start happening just a few weeks ago? I had no problems until a few weeks ago when they had server maintenance and we had to choose the other ships that were offline.

You’re saying then having all of these unscheduled server maintenance for hours at a time is because of framerate? I doubt it.

First of all, the server maintainance times ARE scheduled. They happen every two weeks. Second, nnot everyone has this so-called problem. I personally run the game on a computer with the MS Store version and have no lag whatsoever. I definitely don't have ANY freezing. If it was a server issue, I would be experiencing it too. The fact that I am not points to it 100% NOT being a server issue. It is 100% guaranteed to be either on the user's side or an ISP's side (yours and/or the ISP where the servers are located).

@Almighty-Haki said in Xbox lag?:

I had no problems until a few weeks ago when they had server maintenance and we had to choose the other ships that were offline.

let's see what happened a few weeks ago, PSO2 was released on Steam that did bring a influx of new players so what else you expect that will happen when more people are added in the same place? even I suffer drops of fps when there are more than 20 players in the same place even through its just for 1 second and my pc is pretty strong and I run the game always at 120 fps

After PC release this game has performed almost poorly on Xbox. I'm rolling an Xbox One X and I get frame rate issues and character data not loading in blocks. Which seems odd to me since this game running a graphics engine that is over a decade old.

Try going to a lower populated block.

@Albedo said in Xbox lag?:

Try going to a lower populated block.

didnt help, it was still bad I had to lower all my graphics.