Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.

@Rang-Dipkin said in Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.:

This doesn't deserve its own thread so I'll put it here...

Can we all agree that "Report Real Money Trading" should get its own menu option on the 1st menu that shows up when you select a nearby character?

Given the prevalence of bots I'd appreciate a quicker system, especially one that doesn't involve typing each time (more for controller users). Right now I believe I need to hit Select => Nearby Characters => Player => Miscellaneous => Report => Cheating => Type in "RMT bot" for each bot and sometimes I don't get them all before they transfer blocks.

1st menu, like 1st option? Nooo! I use Abandonment report way more than reporting for RMT because it's actually game breaking.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.:

Can we all agree that "Report Real Money Trading" should get its own menu option on the 1st menu that shows up when you select a nearby character?

Given the prevalence of bots I'd appreciate a quicker system, especially one that doesn't involve typing each time (more for controller users). Right now I believe I need to hit Select => Nearby Characters => Player => Miscellaneous => Report => Cheating => Type in "RMT bot" for each bot and sometimes I don't get them all before they transfer blocks.

1st menu, like 1st option? Nooo! I use Abandonment report way more than reporting for RMT because it's actually game breaking.

And was actually part of PSO2 JP's rules for Urgent Quests, and potentially getting you banned from the game entirely if you left them enough times.

@coldreactive said in Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.:

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.:

And was actually part of PSO2 JP's rules for Urgent Quests, and potentially getting you banned from the game entirely if you left them enough times.

Same here, it's one of the specific things they mention banning for which is why I continue to do so when people queue for uq/buster to just afk or leave midway through taking their whole party with them and I see the leader back in the lobby.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki I meant moving it to a separate menu option altogether on the 1st level of menu options. So if I selected "Nearby Characters" and clicked on a name there'd be a bot reporting option right there instead of having to click Miscellaneous and Report and then the report type and text explanation.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki I meant moving it to a separate menu option altogether on the 1st level of menu options. So if I selected "Nearby Characters" and clicked on a name there'd be a bot reporting option right there instead of having to click Miscellaneous and Report and then the report type and text explanation.

To be honest the Xbox Gamer Tag option should be removed, as it would be on the ARKS ID anyway. Just replace it with a report submenu instead of having the report option in the misc. submenu.

The quest abandon policy is very specific for JP, it only applied to EQ/Urgents that were started with max number of players - and only the first person that leaves or disconnected get punished.

Originally published

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/10697/

Translated

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-emergency-quest-cancellation-policy/

Current FAQ for quest abandonment

http://pso2.jp/players/support/faq/550/

Seems updated to for certain Emergency Quest (Urgent) that have number of clear limitation and which are highly difficult that started with the maximum number of players - the first person to leave the quest is applicable to the rule.

「緊急クエスト」のうち、「クリア回数制限がある」または「一部の難易度の高い」クエストを、参加人数上限まで揃った状態で開始し、最初にクエストから離脱する

I mentioned this before in another thread, this rule was highly unpopular and getting [630]'d counts too. I have never heard of it actually being enforced to this day. Sad but true, I think my last 3 Primordial Darkness EQ that all started with 12 people ended with 11 or 10 at the end because it's very common to get [630]'d.

Didn't botting dramatically decrease in WoW because of the WoW tokens? Hell, NetEase even decided to include it in the Chineese Classic WoW servers (obviously a company like that one would definitely rather the money go to them, course the same could be said for ActiBlizz...)

I mean it's not a perfect solution by any stretch but it dramatically reduces the value of the ingame currency to gold farmers.

All Squeenix would have to do about the botting in FFXIV is tweak how Crysta works a bit.

FFXIV bots are all using free trial. before patch 5.3, there were ZERO bots in Heavensward zones and above, until they added HW to free trial, which is why I was against that.

The paid expansions kept those areas bot free.

@ZeeHero9271 said in Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.:

FFXIV bots are all using free trial. before patch 5.3, there were ZERO bots in Heavensward zones and above, until they added HW to free trial, which is why I was against that.

The paid expansions kept those areas bot free.

Almost every bot in the game actually has purchased the base / starter game. Specifically, any bot you see actually killing things in FFXIV uses the Starter/Base game, since they are account-selling bots that level up to 50. They usually end up as BLM or WHMs.

@coldreactive said in Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.:

They usually end up as BLM or WHMs

Do the WHM ones solo? ._.

What's interesting is the bots disappeared for almost a whole week, at least on ship 3, after the latest patch, and I think it was related to the store. It's possible whatever exploit was effecting the store, was linked in some way to these bots.

a few points.

• muting a player/bot for spamming RMT adverts, does not spare new players. (players who are more susceptible to falling for a scam)

• ingame moderation beit paid or voluntary has been remarkably helpful towards games & their paying audience for many years.

• moderators cannot (should be responsible enough to refrain from) act upon players simply for personal grievances.

that would be considered moderation abuse & the punishment of which is not generally that the player lose their account, but to be removed from mod position. (pending a review of their actions)

• an option for players to enable a custom chat filter would be helpful. (like in BDO) although it does not resolve the issue in & of itself, the game would still appear cluttered with bots and RMT to a new players. giving them a distasteful first impression.

• veteran players?? i do agree with what someone here said about the WF community being an example of abuse being allowed to perpetuate by giving "power" (to players who never earned the right to moderate) under the false pretenses of being "veterans"

a rather subjective word, that generally means "experienced" or has dedicated an indeterminate amount of time towards a career or craft.

• a portion of this may be resolved, if/when the Tweaker team finds a suitable solution for implementing a chat filter. they are working on it, as we could all find in the patch notes, or as Aida had stated previously on this thread.

• it would only require a handful (5, to 10.. per Ship) ingame moderators to remove HUNDREDS of RMT bots in the first day (or hour)

Remember, thus far RMT spammers generally follow a trend of changing blocks frequently & can usually be found right outside those transporters. it is plausible they may change tactics if we reduce their numbers from the game, but if ingame moderators are specifically tasked towards this single objective it should have little potential for actual abuse. (be CAREFUL WHO you click on! ...please)

• i make these points from roughly 20years experience moderating my own servers, other's forums, games, livestreams, and more.

several months ago i volunteered to ban the bots for free, & i would still consider doing it if requested. (i did mention, its possible to remove hundreds of bots the first day)

but to be curt about moderation for things beyond RMT bots, i would request some form of compensation be considered, as it can be very time intensive handling ingame moderation that likely should be handled via "Support Tickets" or "Forum" moderation instead.

I heard the GMs used to be more active during the beta. Wonder what happened to that? Apparently there's only one ever seen ingame anymore.

btw this would be a bad idea, as "accidental clicks" would become abundant creating a different & worse issue.

would be nice if it (RMT) was added to the list tho

but i personally see it as acts of identity theft or fraud being perpetuated, which is potentially a very serious crime outside breaking a games ToS/EULA.

@Mattwo7 yeah makes sense to have ground on the boots for observation during the beta, for fine tuning & such. it is nice to see them doing tests or hanging out in games tho haha

@KYBELA I agree that mistakes should be factored in and you'd probably want to add a confirmation Message Box to limit players feeling bad about mistaken reports. However, I'd also be happy with just a dedicated option in the current system like you mentioned (i.e. no text input required).

But, from a developer perspective, mistaken reports aren't a big issue so long as they're random like you've specified. Random errors are straightforward to model statistically and then the system can flag outliers. Even now they don't instaban accounts based on a few reports and this wouldn't change even if the distribution of reports shifted right due to more mistakes.