Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.:

@Thrashinuva There would be room for abuse of an option like that. There are already players in this game, that seem to have some very disturbing views on freedom of speech and expression. Say you had someone getting offended by an avatar, symbol art, or word choices in game. Instead of single use, manual blocking options like we have, you would have those who share the same views actively trying to get the person who offended them mass reported and auto blocked by everyone, the same way bots would be.

Yes, it would help stem the bot problem, but it would open up a Pandora's box of sorts, in regards to hate filled people, that want full control over the atmosphere of the game. People that think their games should be safe spaces, when it's an online experience, and is used by people from many walks of life, and that carry different values and beliefs. It would be like Twitter in game, as you would give the average user far too much control.

I think you unintentionally made a case in supporting this feature.

I'm down with squashing bigots.

I would NEVER give a player the ability to blacklist anything from the servers. That is only going to cause issues.

@Morgothryuzaki A good example is the comment made before yours. Who is a bigot from their perspective? What justifies a player having the right to blacklist from an entire server, beyond RMT?

@Ashlette-Era Just because you disagree with someone, it doesn't give you the right to silence them. Bigot or not. You can personally blacklist them, and ignore them, without the need to blacklist them from their enjoyment of the game as a whole. It would also be a double edged sword against you, as anyone could do the same to you. It would cause chaos.

If chaos in game is what you want, I'm pretty sure SEGA would not be on board with your viewpoint. You have zero right to control the thoughts and opinions of others, just as nobody has the rights to control yours. Nobody should stoop so low as to hamper the enjoyment of a game, based on their opinions alone. You aren't being wise in the slightest in this regard.

@Anarchy-Marine Exactly. Who will stop abuse and what proof will we have?

Interesting read to say the least. I am for making it easier to block bots and others who might cause issues, like an option to blovk entire accounts in case said rabble-rouser has more one character (which will always be a high plausibility.)

Also to note given the title; Veteran doesn't always mean, nor does it translate to responsible, reasonable or mature, even in gaming terms.

@Thrashinuva said in Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.:

@JuggernautGTX I believe the Tweaker crew tried to implement a chat filter recently and it failed dramatically.

This is the fault of PSO2's censor system - It does not support symbols (which includes spaces), so what we can censor using their tools is extremely limited. We're working on other things, but they're not done yet.

@lily-rain such risk of abuse in this game and the community would be a real thing if something like that would be implemented, absolutely sure of it.

Gms working specifically to erase trace of bots in lobbies, or autofix that stops spam by muting or banning might be the best situable option for a public game.

horrible solution to a problem, that would create a whole bunch of new problems.

No.

I've been literally intimidating the bots into another block by walking towards them and standing there (while reporting them for RMT and blocking them ofc, which is basically the non-insane version of your "solution").

Try going after one. Chase it inside the elevator and stand there with it a few secs. Bot will leave. Not even joking it's pretty funny to do if you're wearing something like a Rappy or a Lilipa suit. It's basically the PSO2 version of this:

alt text

Report and block. That's what we should do. Always. If people stop doing it obviously they don't get looked at.

I know there's a "Captcha Bomb" on Mabinogi. Using it on bots in Mabinogi does nothing. The bots don't even input the captcha, and immediately close the captcha window without inputting anything into it. (Meaning a real player can get griefed with a captcha bomb, while a bot is unaffecetd by it.) I know this because the frame after I used a captcha bomb on a bot, they advertised their website. (Yes, one frame after. It takes longer than that to input a 5-6 character code with both numbers and letters. Even for a TAS.)

I don't see how giving players the power to mute/silence/anything other players is a good idea.

This doesn't deserve its own thread so I'll put it here...

Can we all agree that "Report Real Money Trading" should get its own menu option on the 1st menu that shows up when you select a nearby character?

Given the prevalence of bots I'd appreciate a quicker system, especially one that doesn't involve typing each time (more for controller users). Right now I believe I need to hit Select => Nearby Characters => Player => Miscellaneous => Report => Cheating => Type in "RMT bot" for each bot and sometimes I don't get them all before they transfer blocks.

No. Becuase you're not asking for the ability to silence bots. bots are indistinguishable from players by the system.

What you're asking for, is the ability to silence PLAYERS. and that WILL be heavily abused.

@Rang-Dipkin said in Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.:

This doesn't deserve its own thread so I'll put it here...

Can we all agree that "Report Real Money Trading" should get its own menu option on the 1st menu that shows up when you select a nearby character?

Thiiiiisssss pleaseeeeeee.

slides SEGA a 20$

@Mik said in Give veteran players the ability to silence bots.:

No.

I've been literally intimidating the bots into another block by walking towards them and standing there (while reporting them for RMT and blocking them ofc, which is basically the non-insane version of your "solution").

Try going after one. Chase it inside the elevator and stand there with it a few secs. Bot will leave. Not even joking it's pretty funny to do if you're wearing something like a Rappy or a Lilipa suit. It's basically the PSO2 version of this:

alt text

Report and block. That's what we should do. Always. If people stop doing it obviously they don't get looked at.

It makes it harder to report bots when people go up on them, do you not realize someone might misclick you instead?