TTF towards the future

I would love to see a boss runn quest like what TTF was like in PSO, I have seen some kinda like this but not one that goes from each of the areas in order, if there is such a quest/mission someone please let me know

link for TYF for reference to what TYF was like

Also en4 endless nightmare4 would be great as well.

There are several boss rush quests/missions in the game in addition to the level-up ones that are rotating.

I wouldn't mind seeing the tower defense mission back myself though.

This is based on PSO2JP quests that I've seen. The Photoner Fleet Emergency Mission, which was one of the early-lifetime emergency quests in the game is still there too. Has you pilot an AIS Mech in the final sector against Photoner Ships directly, attacking their bridge and everything.

@coldreactive yeah like I said I have see. Some kinda like it, I just hate that if you run the free Fields and head right for the boss you get a lower grade, I just found that doing the story unlocks more NPCs, I was holding off for the story via NA release so I’m just skipping threw it but that is good to know that now going into the release

I’m guessing some missions open up as well

I have been thinking about something regarding Towards The Future as well.

What I wish for in PSO2 is allowing us to complete certain quests through different routes. If I remember correctly there is/was only one quest in the whole game which allows for this, and it's a Story Quest. (Not sure if the option is still there due the overhaul Story mode got several years ago.) And maybe this upcoming 'Divide Quest' content will provide us some variety. (Revelry of Darkness Quest does not count because it only offers a lite semi-version of this mechanic, comparable to PSO's Labyrinthine Trial & Maximum Attack 2. And once this game is released in NA, Revelry of Darkness probably won't even be a thing.)

Towards The Future & Respective Tomorrow had these mini-quests/different routes within them where you were able to approach the quest differently. For example, in Towards The Future you had the opportunity to go for either the 'Maximum Kills' or 'Minimum Kills' route. Or the 'Love Meter' approach, only you with one other person could take on. (Your partner had to play with a character of the opposite gender of yours.) The idea was that you two had to stay as close as possible to each other throughout the whole quest. The closer you were, the higher the score at the end. (Or allowing us to 'play as the dragon', which is fun but I personally don't need it though. It's more a gimmick if we're being honest.)

Respective Tomorrow had us being able to take the 'WIS' route. Additional to taking on the quest normally, you had to grab the 30 spheres lying around. Some were well hidden.

All these different approaches gave us opportunities to earn different/unique rewards. I don't mind leaving those out, I just want to be able to take on a quest through multiple ways. Now if they do add in unique rewards with them, you won't hear me complaining though.

Sadly though it seems to be rather impossible with the implemented quest system in PSO2. (A major problem PSO2 has is 'dead content'. This might solve it a bit by giving quests a bit more replay value. Content would definitely last longer this way, but by how much? Who knows.)

@ErinXh I agree with this, I also think that at lest with the NA release, if they would add some fashion/accessories/weapon camo‘s/parts/lobby actions as rewards for doing specific quests or a combination of quests that would also help they could even make those items nontradable but that’s the only way you can get them.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they made an actual linear dungeon system with proper boss mechanics / environmental mechanics in boss rooms/etc. With a proper short cut-scene to show off the place (in-engine) and a title card the first time you enter.

@coldreactive that would be nice

TTF also means TrueType Font/File by the way: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueType (And was a very prominent thing back in PSO days that people knew about.)

@coldreactive well I did make sure to add what the TTF I was talking about in the title post 🤓🧐🤓

no. god no. no more tff please i cant take it anymore lol

@ErinXh said in TTF towards the future:

*'play as the dragon'**, which is fun but I personally don't need it though. It's more a gimmick if we're being honest.)

I remember somehow stumbling upon this by pure accident. It kind of reminded of me of the Final Valgas mode in Power Stone (which also made on the Dreamcast and is now completely dead and got completely ignored by the "vs Capcom"/"Namco ×" franchise (even Project ☓ Zone with all the obscure characters), RIP). It was also entirely pointless (IIRC, it was single-player only too and unlike Galactus mode in UMvC3, it was a single battle instead of arcade mode) but a fun novelty.

@SaviorZero82 said in TTF towards the future:

I would love to see a boss runn quest like what TTF was like in PSO, I have seen some kinda like this but not one that goes from each of the areas in order, if there is such a quest/mission someone please let me know

link for TYF for reference to what TYF was like

TTF was my Jam back in the day, but it's not needed. I can see a need for it in the game's current state, but we will be getting an alternative eventually. Both Recommended Quests and Limited Quests will offer boss rush quests that we'll be running over and over.