What's the point on keeping stones if you aren't going to allow us to exchange them?

I've been wondering about this for a while. I have bunch of Astracite stones and I haven't seen any updates for crystals/stones you receive from PD/Mining Base/Ultimate Quests

Are we ever getting that Astracite Exchanger updated? Because she's still got the old ones and even Zig doesn't exchange them either.

You can use all the astracites that don't have a named trade with the other one, can't you? Target Astracite, I think.

@Miraglyth said in What's the point on keeping stones if you aren't going to allow us to exchange them?:

You can use all the astracites that don't have a named trade with the other one, can't you? Target Astracite, I think.

Not fully.

Because if you notice Shiva Ash Astracite, Durga Bane Astracite, Caligula Shaftshard, Nero Obsidiashard, Torana Brightshard, Ares Phantacite, Pleiades Galaxy Stone, Kagaseo Phantasmite, Galeru Nadrite and Yurlungur Mechalite, none of those are properly exchangeable in game as of right now for any NPCs. It's something that developers forgot to update that NPC since Ep 3 contents.

But I don't know if it's technical support because idk if it was done intentionally, since half of these stones are only exchanged to Old Type weapons. But OTs don't exist in NA, and that kind of defeats the purpose of stone's existence atm.

I hope they'll make these old OTs into NTs and be allowed to exchange soon.

I stopped looking at the Astracite exchange a long time ago when I noticed how pointless it was. Sure, you can sell an Elder Rifle for 1.5m but the time required to get the 50 astracite isn't worth the meager payout. Everything else in that exchange is worth the value of an ex-cube or photon sphere... They can remove that shop for all I care.

It is interesting the spellstones exists without being able to trade them.

Yea, relic of the OT weapons removal, those things to this day still can be traded for OT weapons (and some summoner candy) on JP

Easiest fix would be just replace them with photon boosters or something. That's what they did with Advance Quests, each of those used to drop their own stones - but it's all just photon boosters now.

@LapisWave said in What's the point on keeping stones if you aren't going to allow us to exchange them?:

Because if you notice Shiva Ash Astracite, Durga Bane Astracite, Caligula Shaftshard, Nero Obsidiashard, Torana Brightshard, Ares Phantacite, Pleiades Galaxy Stone, Kagaseo Phantasmite, Galeru Nadrite and Yurlungur Mechalite, none of those are properly exchangeable in game as of right now for any NPCs.

9a5dc863-1352-4d57-ad2c-9ac9073248b1-image.png

I've definitely traded 50 Shiva Ash Astracite for a Blade Stabilizer (for the weapon compendium) before, and that trade screen is saying all* of that list works for all of the "Target Astracite" trades:

• Daisy Chain
  • Sange
  • Infinite Corundum
  • Missouri M13
  • Dream Master
  • Blade Stabilizer
  • Photon Booster

* Caligula Shaftshard is not listed because in spite of beating Dio Hyunal in Ultimates 10 times for their respective campaigns I didn't receive any. I don't see why it wouldn't work though.

You'd be accurate to say these astracites, shards etc don't have any dedicated trades that needs the specific item and doesn't accept others. But they do work for these trades meaning they're not useless items.

@AgentRedStar said in What's the point on keeping stones if you aren't going to allow us to exchange them?:

They can remove that shop for all I care.

To the GMs, please don't do that, especially without notice. Among other things having a reasonable way to get several 11-12* drops from UQ bosses that have otherwise suffered being obsoleted by power creep for the benefit of progressing players and weapon compendium progress is a nice facility I remain thankful for.

As a general point very few features in this game will be useful to everyone.

@Miraglyth said in What's the point on keeping stones if you aren't going to allow us to exchange them?:

You'd be accurate to say these astracites, shards etc don't have any dedicated trades that needs the specific item and doesn't accept others. But they do work for these trades meaning they're not useless items

Thats the problem half of those stones are just not used and aren't exchangeable and need to be updated. Because we are just collecting them. But not everyone knows what they are used for.

No, I dont want them to be removed. But I do want the kagaseo stones to be exchanged like JP's original items such as Valkyrie R25, Seiga Sword and HR Katana.

@LapisWave said in What's the point on keeping stones if you aren't going to allow us to exchange them?:

Thats the problem half of those stones are just not used and aren't exchangeable and need to be updated.

...I don't understand how our words are being confused here. They are used. They are exchangeable. You can use them to get the items I listed in my last post.

You're not asking for them to be exchangeable (because, again, they are) but for trades that use them specifically. If they are used for specific trades and if those trades wouldn't be either overpowered for our current content progress or story spoilers, then yes it would make sense to introduce the new ones. Preferably leaving the existing ones in place.

They are used. They are exchangeable. You can use them to get the items I listed in my last post.

Again. They arent. They are not exactly same as JP version and no one wants to grab the following items you listed with that screenshot. So yeah, it isn't relevant. And neither people should exchange stones for down quality items.

The stones you get are originally exchanged for 13s. Not 11s and not 12*s.

You can get those same items from Photon Boosters. I'm pretty sure you can farm (or even collect passively) Boosters faster as well, so this is like an afterthought item disposal shop.

That's what I am saying. You can get them from Photon Booster shop. And just exchanging these unique stones for 13* are now changed to some 11* weapons that are just from other exchange shop.

If the game doesn't want to give Valkyrie R25 or other Tokyo 13* that were formerly old type, it definitely is inferior to the JP still. Especially when we still didn't get any Orbit series.

We could have even gotten Weapon Camos , but nah. We didn't get them.

They are used. They are exchangeable.

Again. They arent. They are not exactly same as JP version and no one wants to grab the following items you listed with that screenshot. So yeah, it isn't relevant.

You are saying two contradictory things. Look, if you were to make the argument that the items don't matter that much and you can get them with Photon Boosters, I'd agree to an extent since it is weird we have so many different items for the same trade.

But please stop saying they "aren't exchangeable". This is categorically and factually wrong statement.

The stones you get are originally exchanged for 13s. Not 11s and not 12*s.

That sounds like it came later. 13*s just for a few astracite? Most of us are probably sitting on over 500 Shiva Ash Astracite for one thing. Trading 50 of those for something not far short of a Nemesis seems way too accessible for our present endgame, and something that's waiting for 14*s to become more commonplace so it could be a catch-up mechanism that'd be premature if we got it now.

That said, I'm not sure I believe this. It appears JP has removed astracite (pyroxene) and their trades to an extent back in August, notably after giving players two weeks' notice. And from what other resources seem to be saying, they were only traded for 10*-12* weapons, never 13*. But perhaps there was a time in between when they were.

It's difficult to research but I can only find four trades of this kind of resource for 13*s:

• 極原晶ガレル for OT Nemesis weapons. I think that's the item we call Galeru Nadrite as they share the Ultimate Naverius source.
  • 極機晶ユルルングル for OT Slave weapons. I think that's the item we call Yurlungur Mechalite as they share the Ultimate Lillipa source.
  • 幻精石アーレス for OT Ares weapons. I think that's the item we call Ares Phantacite as they share the Anga Phandaj source. Notably NT Ares is 14* and was never available using Ares Phantacite.
  • 幻創石カガセオ for OT weapons with no distinct series, which you've explained to be the Kagaseo Phantasmalite we're getting truckloads of through bonus keys.

Of these, three are completely obsolete unless getting the OT version and upgrading them to NT was considered a viable way to obtain the latter. Perhaps they could give us the NT trades directly, but that would ridiculously devalue Nemesis and Slave. If they were to do that it's absolutely too soon for it to happen just yet.

Like the others, the last has upgrades available too. For instance the Valkyrie R25 you mention upgrades to the Valkyrie R25S which remains 13*. Again, if we were to get the post-upgrade NT added as a direct exchange for Kagaseo Phantasmalite we'd be able to get the sixth strongest of sixteen 13* twin machineguns for free while running a few Tokyo Silver keys for EXP. Maybe that's okay though? It doesn't seem it'd be as premature as farmable NT Nemesis/Slave.

(It seems all of the above resources could also be exchanged for one or two types of Summoner pet food. I don't know how useful those are, whether this was considered the best use of the resources or if they were more accessible using one of a few other options.)

In any case, my point is I can't find anything to support this claim:

And just exchanging these unique stones for 13* are now changed to some 11* weapons that are just from other exchange shop.

Nothing I can find says JP could have ever traded Shiva Ash Astracite and most of the rest of your list for 13*s, OT or NT. Even the enduring ones on JP (Iritista Rainbow Astracite from Elder-related stuff and Syncesta Illusion Astracite from Luther-related stuff) still only give 10* and 11* weapons. Different ones than we have, but still 10* and 11*.