The ability to hide threads would be nice

particularly for topics that consistently crop up and are rarely ever constructive. like an enhanced "ignore thread" button

I support this idea. Would give peace of mind to some and make the forum less tedious to navigate for some users.

It's actually possible to hide threads if you block the user who creates them, for example I just blocked RainGnyu and all his "please remove all these threads I hate" threads went away

@TheMerfox Good bit of info to know. I personally don't block people unless they directly harass me, which hasn't happened. Said that, some threads may be started by people and I'd agree to their content at first, but then the content may change, but I wouldn't want to block the starter just because of that thread.

So, hiding threads directly would serve as an option to that.

@TheMerfox Probably not a good idea to name and shame.

However if you do notice a user making threads you consistently dislike, blocking isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure how they can really hide content outside of a case-by-case basis via the systems already in place.

@ApollosAmour Depending on the forum code, this may be easy or difficult. I personally haven't seen it in other forums, or at least have not noticed it, but it SHOULD be possible in theory. Again, how difficult would it be to implement is another story...

@ZorokiHanuke said in The ability to hide threads would be nice:

@ApollosAmour Depending on the forum code, this may be easy or difficult. I personally haven't seen it in other forums, or at least have not noticed it, but it SHOULD be possible in theory. Again, how difficult would it be to implement is another story...

It would be extremely difficult no mater what forum software you use to block topics like that on a per usrer basis. NodeBB would probably be more difficult that others, which is what this forum uses. The makers of this forum don't seem to know much about how to properly work with NodeBB, either, since they never enabled the reputation system or removed the 45 seconds between posts requirements and they haven't made a proper line break for when you start a new line in the editor like other NodeBB forums I used.

@Ragnawind said in The ability to hide threads would be nice:

and they haven't made a proper line break for when you start a new line in the editor like other NodeBB forums I used.

Yeah. This one bit is pretty annoying. So basically from the rest of your reply, what OP asks would require quite the effort and maybe the current software can't even do it? Meaning our only choices for now would be to block the thread starter or just walk past the eyesore and hope it doesn't become a popular monster.

I think what they're suggesting is something similar to what twitter does by blocking tags, but I don't see forums really doing well with that.