SEGA DEVS

UR INCOMPETENCE ON MAINTENANCE SHOWS NO BOUNDARY OR U JUST DON'T CARE?

AAAAGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!?????!

0a3efae5-3e76-4a7c-8c62-d7ec15f0f8e1-image.png

a moment of silence and appreciation to the guy who is maintaining our game

@JuggernautGTX Yes please, as someone who majors in Computer Science, I know their pain. Also cloud servers for gaming is relatively new, so this may be some pretty new stuff to whomever was hired to work on this. Do we know of any other MMO's that run on cloud servers?

@Archetype-Luna ya been thinking of the pain you would be going through as i was writing my reply

@TeoMikey https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/icllon/raging_ventsday/ --- this is for you...it helps brother...we all know the pain of a raging vents-day

I agree. Not always will coding and maintenance job gets done flawlessly. I can't say I studied anything about coding, but I managed to work and make some bits of things using the coding language in Second Life. Yes, laugh all you want, but that stuff allowed me to see how programs work, at least on the most basic way. from that i learned a valuable lesson about code.

If you join perfectly working code, with another perfectly working piece of code, you may still get buggy code...

For all the things that there are to complain regarding PSO2 Global (even if I don't agree with many of them), the fact that the game needs to be maintained and that sometimes said maintenance might last longer than usual is not something I would see worth complaining about...

A lot of things that will never be brought up go on behind the scenes... Maintenance is not just simply flipping the servers off to let them refresh... its doing last minute tests to make sure things work as they should, letting any features that are tied to maintenance such as the Ship Transfers and so on take their place, check that nothing's broken in the new server environment... literally, the devs doing their job.

@ZorokiHanuke said in SEGA DEVS:

I agree. Not always will coding and maintenance job gets done flawlessly. I can't say I studied anything about coding, but I managed to work and make some bits of things using the coding language in Second Life. Yes, laugh all you want, but that stuff allowed me to see how programs work, at least on the most basic way. from that i learned a valuable lesson about code.

If you join perfectly working code, with another perfectly working piece of code, you may still get buggy code....

All of my coding is from mods I have made for myself over the last couple decades and changing game parameter files.

http://the-ghf-clan.de/pso2serverstatus.html

I found this site interesting since they had the time for maintaince completion listed at 7AM PDT instead of the 5 Am PDT listed by Sega.

I'm still at work so I don't really care. And maybe we'll get something as an excuse. So YAY!

I always enjoyed threads on Patch days. Since as early as UO (or WoW depending on your age0 to most current MMOs , these posts never disappoint, and there should be two to follow this one.

All that is needed to make it complete with the incompetence, is someone to make another post demanding a refund as well to claim that the devs are secretly money hungry and doing this scheduled maint. out of greed and solely to abuse power.

Then we can use the triforce of corruption to battle Captain Planet.

Love when i'm proven right that so many here do nothing but complain and go berserk at everything Sega does.

@Ephemiel Though we do have a number of the people who are generally vocal on issues with the game, like myself, actually defending Sega on this particular matter.

@Ephemiel said in SEGA DEVS:

Love when i'm proven right that so many here do nothing but complain and go berserk at everything Sega does.

This all day. I mean seriously.... "omg, te devs do maintainace one hour longer!!!!!! They suxxxxx so hard, where is ma refund!!!! 1!!!11!!!!"

One can just cringe....

@Ephemiel said in SEGA DEVS:

@Archetype-Luna said in SEGA DEVS:

@Ephemiel Though we do have a number of the people who are generally vocal on issues with the game, like myself, actually defending Sega on this particular matter.

also worth noting since ephemiel is one of the people who likes to judge luna many times on forum - he/she also tried to contribute on one of his own matters - when he was blocked from the steam version in his region and she done a 10 hours debate with me in private about puerto rico and how SEGA could easily unlock their region block on steam (while i disbelieved thatll happen) so its not always about "being against sega" but also "being in favour of other forum users and players and trying to support their matters"