Is the maintenance today going to add the end of Episode 4?

Doesn't seem like there's much time left before end of Q3 which will have Episode 5, so does that mean that today's maintenance since it's adding 2 ep4 urgent quests which are post the ending point in current ep 4 story mean that we're finishing the ep 4 story as well?

If not, there's only like a month left for both end of ep 4 and ep 5 and that won't give much time to catch up and finish e4 to go onto e5 if they both release at the same time...

We have plenty of time, and alot of stuff we still have to get before then, also if they do both release at the same time, you can still continue on episode 4.

i hope it adds some life to zieg....that man is literally dead

If they release the last major Ep4 UQ on the September 2nd, then that leaves the start of Episode 5 for the 16th at the earliest, which is still within Q3 (technically, even if it releases on the 30th of September, that still counts as releasing in Q3); as long as the first part of it comes out in Q3, they are still on target with the roadmap, as it doesn't necessarily mean that all of it has to be released in Q3, rather it will likely run in to Q4.

Never realized how many people actually cared for the story. I really hope I can finish it too since they're doing the Urgent Quests for those areas and I'm going to do what I normally do when I do all the new Urgent Quests: Normal first, then do them all until the hardest difficulty unless it's the final one where I can only have one chance to do it, so it'll be Very Hard first before the harder difficulties. I learned my lesson when trying to do Super Hard Luther for the first time with everyone else when he first appeared.

Edit: Looks like Mother won't show up until the second week. That means for the first time I'll be surprised on how to fight a boss I didn't fight before in the story.

I was interested myself into who exactly 'MOTHER" is. Dammit google - there is no info on that yet. xD

@DDDDLife TVTropes has a whole characters section for PSO2 if you really do want spoilers.

@DDDDLife
About what this version of Mother it would be? In Phantasy Star lore it's always a mother computer that just gets taken over by a Dark Falz, it's not much of a stretch to think it's the same for this one. But who knows? It could be different by the time we get to it in the story. But like Andrl wrote, you could always spoil yourself by going to the TV Tropes version of PSO2.

@Guilrel said in Is the maintenance today going to add the end of Episode 4?:

@DDDDLife
About what this version of Mother it would be? In Phantasy Star lore it's always a mother computer that just gets taken over by a Dark Falz, it's not much of a stretch to think it's the same for this one. But who knows? It could be different by the time we get to it in the story. But like Andrl wrote, you could always spoil yourself by going to the TV Tropes version of PSO2.

Well, I just looked it up and yes you were correct. I 'm not going into detail to spoil it for others. But its very interesting to say the least that this new update is going to be quite fun!

technically both right and wrong but as the prev poster said its spoiler territory if i go farther. but i will say that "mother" is botha computer yet not a computer at the same time ... its complicated.

@dragonelete said in Is the maintenance today going to add the end of Episode 4?:

technically both right and wrong but as the prev poster said its spoiler territory if i go farther. but i will say that "mother" is botha computer yet not a computer at the same time ... its complicated.

Actually , Mother is in fact a Failed XION clone created by the Photoners and discarded like she was just garbage. Now she seeks revenge against them/

Well, the patch is 9.8 GBs so I imagine we are getting the rest of Ep 4 story (hopefully).

@Bette said in Is the maintenance today going to add the end of Episode 4?:

Well, the patch is 9.8 GBs so I imagine we are getting the rest of Ep 4 story (hopefully). Yes ! , Indeed we are! There are new UQ's for this update . One is called "Dignity of steel" and the other is called "The lunar Phantom"

i dont think its quiet reached the end of ep 4 though if i rem right there was at least1 more boss that becomes a UQ and 1 more where its that same boss i said earlier but the y fuse the mother one and that boss into 1 uq. so i think there is still gonna be at least 1 more part left.

Is it too much to ask to read threads about the story that don't constantly spoil it?