Keeping White Day Alive in PSO2NA

In PSO2 JP, they have a special white day celebration, and I was wondering if PSO2 NA was planning on keeping that tradition alive, perhaps under another name. I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but Final Fantasy XIV basically already does this with the "Little Ladies' Day" seasonal event.

In Japan, Valentines is where the ladies give chocolates/presents to the men/etc. they like. While on White Day (a month later), the men/etc. give back to the ladies. It wouldn't do well to remove a tradition in Japan just for the sake of North America.

it'll likely be a whole year before we know for sure; we might even skip easter just due to how close it is to release; I know they skipped a few seasonals on the JP server jsut because everything else was still new for a good chunk of 2012

I will understand if it isn't kept since it's a tradition not shared in the US. But the events, bonues, and SG tickets for white day have always been a major part of the game. So I hope they really don't get rid of it.

PSU kept the White Day event and gave it a cultural context in the event announcement on the Western version.

White Day support started in PSO:BB (maybe even earlier?) and has continued in everything NA incarnation since - so it'll likely be present.

They better keep the original white day music and leave it untranslated. It doesn't seem like the kind of song that would be as catchy in English at all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV2MRp4KfR8

I would like to think they'd keep it in. I've played games where they still kept other regional holidays and just named it differently or adjusted a bit, but I don't see any reason they'd end up getting rid of it just because it's not really a US thing. And I extend that to all holidays.

@Zerox9434 said in Keeping White Day Alive in PSO2NA:

They better keep the original white day music and leave it untranslated. It doesn't seem like the kind of song that would be as catchy in English at all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV2MRp4KfR8

Personally, I would like to see the song have an attempted English dub-- they could always include both.

I have no doubt White Day is going to stay in the NA version. Considering that we had White Day events and quests in the original PSO and PSU as well, outside JP.

@Rantious White Day (outside JP) started before PSOBB, I played White Day events on PSOGC before BB was released. I sadly can't remember if White Day was a thing on PSO Version 1 and or Version 2.

I hope they keep it, sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Though I've seen things in games and TV shows taken out when it went to another region before, no matter if it was popular or drawn a smaller crowd in. But if they have had this event for NA region before then I don't see why they wouldn't keep it again.