Curious question about the 1 million player raffle

@Blue-Froman said in Curious question about the 1 million player raffle:

@GamerKillance said in Curious question about the 1 million player raffle:

So you can't make a retort because I'm right? Good to know.

You asked me to prove you wrong, and thusly I did good sir. You said the devs aren't stupid and would check this out, but clearly they have an instance with a much smaller scale contest where they failed even on that.

By all means if YOU have a way to prove myself wrong, I'd love to hear it.

So, just seeking clarification here... You're suggesting anyone who plays on more than one account is a bot... and that qualifies as proof that bots will have higher chances of obtain account based rewards right?

@Viola-Lance said in Curious question about the 1 million player raffle:

So you can't make a retort because I'm right? Good to know.

You asked me to prove you wrong, and thusly I did good sir. You said the devs aren't stupid and would check this out, but clearly they have an instance with a much smaller scale contest where they failed even on that.

By all means if YOU have a way to prove myself wrong, I'd love to hear it.

So, just seeking clarification here... You're suggesting anyone who plays on more than one account is a bot... and that qualifies as proof that bots will have higher chances of obtain account based rewards right?

No. If SEGA can't police within their own rules for a contest that anyone with multiple accounts will be disqualified, when in actual fact people with multiple accounts clearly can get rewarded multiple times, how can we expect them to not award bots and RMT sellers with these prizes as well? How more easily can many thousands of bot accounts just win those prizes? Honestly at this point I kinda do hope bot accounts win the prize lol. Or just give all 300 prizes to a single person with 300 separate accounts.

@GM-Deynger @GM-Sirius You seem to be the more active GMs on the site. Any comment on this? Any idea on how SEGA is going to prevent RMT sellers and RMT bots from winning? Maybe adding a stipulation they have to complete certain COs or reach a certain level as well?

Considering that all previous events the devs check the characters before giving rewards...

Don't know where this fear is coming from all of a sudden. The devs aren't stupid.

You sure about that boss? 🤔 2020-08-19 01_01_34-Window.png

So accounts he actively played that weren't bot accounts. I don't see the issue here. Where does this prove me wrong?

This is being obtuse on purpose right? This issue should be obvious that they did not care to check for someone rule breaking with alt accounts with a winner size this small but you expect them to check for 300 winners to make sure they aren't giving rewards away to bots.

@Vashzaron said in Curious question about the 1 million player raffle:

This is being obtuse on purpose right? This issue should be obvious that they did not care to check for someone rule breaking with alt accounts with a winner size this small but you expect them to check for 300 winners to make sure they aren't giving rewards away to bots.

thats a legit point right there wich asks for a reply from the officials...i did not even notice about that old event ...now at first being a joke i feel a little concerned about this for real

@Blue-Froman I'm not saying it instantly removes them, but I'm saying that it might disqualify someone if there's been multiple reports made against them. People are definitely in the lobbies long enough to report. It takes 10 seconds. The majority of people that aren't reporting may not care or feel discouraged from reporting, but either way they're not helping to stop it.

I get where you're coming from, but it's not a great analogy. Even if you bought more tickets, the odds of you winning everything are still slim. And you have to take into consideration that these accounts are all throwaways, meaning that anything they do win (if they do) is basically like throwing it in the garbage. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but I think people are being paranoid. It's not like anything unique is at stake either. We can still buy 10k AC or 10 AC Scratch tickets and buy/earn 1k SG.

In terms of multiple accounts logging in, if the person is active enough to be eligible and to claim those prizes, I don't see what the big deal is. If it's against the rules and they get caught, then so be it. Otherwise I don't really see what the problem is.

@RedBloodKrieg i dont even raffle its set up.