Curious question about the 1 million player raffle

Wouldn't it be funny if all of them were won by RMT bots?

Considering that all previous events the devs check the characters before giving rewards...

Don't know where this fear is coming from all of a sudden. The devs aren't stupid.

@GM-Deynger @GM-Sirius You seem to be the more active GMs on the site. Any comment on this? Any idea on how SEGA is going to prevent RMT sellers and RMT bots from winning? Maybe adding a stipulation they have to complete certain COs or reach a certain level as well?

@Blue-Froman said in Curious question about the 1 million player raffle:

@GM-Deynger @GM-Sirius You seem to be the more active GMs on the site. Any comment on this? Any idea on how SEGA is going to prevent RMT sellers and RMT bots from winning? Maybe adding a stipulation they have to complete certain COs or reach a certain level as well?

@GamerKillance said in Curious question about the 1 million player raffle:

Considering that all previous events the devs check the characters before giving rewards...

Don't know where this fear is coming from all of a sudden. The devs aren't stupid.

You sure about that boss? 🤔 2020-08-19 01_01_34-Window.png

Don't we just have to log in for 5 days straight? What makes people think that bots specifically will win all 300?

@ApollosAmour said in Curious question about the 1 million player raffle:

Don't we just have to log in for 5 days straight? What makes people think that bots specifically will win all 300?

Just mentions 5 different logins, not 5 separate days 2020-08-19 01_06_58-Window.png

@Blue-Froman Either way, I don't see how that gives bots any sort of advantage over anyone else. As long as bots are being reported, I don't see how they'd win anyway.

That'd be hilarious, especially if they banned the alts right after so they didn't have to give away any AC.

@ApollosAmour said in Curious question about the 1 million player raffle:

@Blue-Froman Either way, I don't see how that gives bots any sort of advantage over anyone else. As long as bots are being reported, I don't see how they'd win anyway.

Reporting doesn't instant remove/ban people, and not everyone is in lobbies long enough to report them. And dummy/bot accounts gives real players a disadvantage. That's like saying buying extra raffle tickets doesn't give you more chances to win. If out of a 100 ticket raffle, I were allowed to buy 50 tickets, but the other 50 entrants were only allowed to buy one, I wouldn't have a huge advantage winning? Consider the bots in this scenario as a single person. I'm legit unsure how you can't see this as a bad thing. I'm sure plenty of real players will probably make alt steam/Microsoft accounts as well to give them extra chances at winning. It wouldn't be hard at all to make free accounts for a free game after all. SEGA after all handed out the twitter screenshot prize to a single person with 2 alt accounts that won, and that was only out of 20 total people who could win, imagine with a prize pool of 300 total to win.

You sure about that boss? 🤔 2020-08-19 01_01_34-Window.png

So accounts he actively played that weren't bot accounts. I don't see the issue here. Where does this prove me wrong?

the devs check the characters before giving rewards...

The devs aren't stupid.

So accounts he actively played that weren't bot accounts. I don't see the issue here. Where does this prove me wrong?

🤔

So you can't make a retort because I'm right? Good to know.

You asked me to prove you wrong, and thusly I did good sir. You said the devs aren't stupid and would check this out, but clearly they have an instance with a much smaller scale contest where they failed even on that.

By all means if YOU have a way to prove myself wrong, I'd love to hear it.

You asked me to prove you wrong, and thusly I did good sir. You said the devs aren't stupid and would check this out, but clearly they have an instance with a much smaller scale contest where they failed even on that.

You mean they chose an active player to give the AC to? That isn't proving me wrong. If anything you solidified my statement. Thanks for doing the work for me!