Finally! Astra Weapons. Took long enough.

Time to prep for them 14* weapons baby!!

Explain please......how do you obtain?

Explain please......how do you obtain?

They are listed as new urgent rewards from the new schedule.

They’ll hopefully add Ultimate Amduskia.

Umm.....I thought Astra weapons were 13*

Astra weapons are 13's. Guess you can say they're the last 13's before 14. Their stat boost and raw power is very similar to the first 14 we'll get. Honestly they should be considered 14's.

Astra are still weaker than Nemesis/Slave.

For example let's take the Swords:

• Astra Sword +35: 1657 MEL-Pwr. 12% damage multiplier, +40% attack PP recovery
  • Nemesis Sword +35: 1802 MEL-Pwr. 17% damage multiplier, 40% damage reduction, 20% PP cost reduction

Also, because of the natural Pwr difference, Dues' weapons are still weaker than Nemesis/Slave with equal augments despite the potential, unless you really push for unrealistically high augments. Again looking at the Swords:

• Deus: 1663 MEL-Pwr +150 MEL-Pwr from augments which then gets doubled gives it 1963 MEL-Pwr with a 14% damage multiplier.
  • Nemesis: 1802 MEL-Pwr +150 MEL-Pwr from augments gives it 1952 MEL-Pwr with a 17% damage multiplier.

The 11 MEL-Pwr difference does not make up for the 3% difference in damage multipliers.

Are they not part of the Zieg weapons needed for Austere?

@failures_not_flattering_is_it No, they are not. The other two weapons aside from Slave and Nemesis we need for Austere are Ares and Invade.

Other than the 14 star super rare drops, Nemesis/Slave-NT will carry well into EP5... which was when it was released in JP. No EP4 13 star will beat it - you're just here farming the factor affixes in these. All weapons and units from yamato, mother, deus do not upgrade beyond their current 13 star for weapon and 12 star for unit. The deus weapons/units can be exchanged for the red version, but that's a sidegrade and not an upgrade. Yamato weapons in JP have OT version that can be changed to NT version - but global don't have OT weapons.

It is in EP5 where you can start building 14 star and eventually 15 star.

@AndrlCh

The difference is actually 72 since you must factor in element weapon attack.

@Reilet Even then, the Deus weapons can only ever get close to Nemesis, but can't seem to surpass them with equal augments:

alt text

Honestly, it really was a poor decision to release Slave and Nemesis so early since there is very little that you can justifiable upgrade from them until we get well into the Episode 5 content.

And this is why I hate the numbers game. I personally use which ever weapon potential I like the most. If we all used the same gear, affix, rotation, that would make a really dull game.

@DarkstalkerX99 said in Finally! Astra Weapons. Took long enough.:

And this is why I hate the numbers game. I personally use which ever weapon potential I like the most. If we all used the same gear, affix, rotation, that would make a really dull game.

Star 15 weapons are varied. Different types used for different styles.