Regarding the State of the Localization

@ApollosAmour As long as no one tries to insinuate that the people who wants the censorship removed are pedophiles, things generally remain civil.

That being said, this thread is not so much about that, but more about the game's translation with things like typos, inconsistent terminology, weird text spacing, and missing flavor text and gives some insight onto why it happened so people aren't dog piling the translators.

@Archetype-Luna That's not true. It happens even prior to that. It's just a bad topic that doesn't need to be addressed anymore. And we've all proven that the umbrella of localization is not something the forum can handle with grace. Unless we're speedrunning thread locks, I don't think it's worth discussing.

I find it a bit funny that a current highlighted CO for a campaign didn't end up resulting in them finally noticing this interesting objective name that has been there forever and fixing it.

alt text

I notice little things like that a lot. The skill lines are out of order when you learn them now too. Instead of "You have learned [Skill] [Level]", it says "[Skill] You have learned [Level]". So for instance if you use Lunar Flourishing Lv. 16, you get the message "Lunar FlourishingYou have learned Level 16". It doesn't bother me but it's funny lol

@ApollosAmour said in Regarding the State of the Localization:

I notice little things like that a lot. The skill lines are out of order when you learn them now too. Instead of "You have learned [Skill] [Level]", it says "[Skill] You have learned [Level]". So for instance if you use Lunar Flourishing Lv. 16, you get the message "Lunar FlourishingYou have learned Level 16". It doesn't bother me but it's funny lol

Yeah there is a lot of that sort of thing going on.

alt text

@Vashzaron Chances are it's just to do with how they plugged the text back in. Thankfully that sort of stuff isn't difficult to fix, but it is time-consuming.

@GamerKillance I would say with understanding, there is no reason to argue, which would actually slow down a 'war'. Helping each other understand to the best of our ability is probably the second best thing that can be done to prevent this inner war. (Or slow it down) I likely won't be posting much else as I have nothing else to say anyway, and no I don't want us to be arguing in circles.

@Ranmaru said in Regarding the State of the Localization:

@GamerKillance I would say with understanding, there is no reason to argue, which would actually slow down a 'war'. Helping each other understand to the best of our ability is probably the second best thing that can be done to prevent this inner war. (Or slow it down)

People will fight simply because their opinions are different. This will never end if anyone is to take anything from human history.

And to everyone else, height and underage bathing scenes aren't coming to this game. They've made that clear by locking and deleting most threads in regards to it.

@GamerKillance Don't even say the magic words lmao Just let it be.

@ApollosAmour From what I saw from the last few locks, that was what happened. Certain individuals purposely took advantage of it to try to get threads closed to prevent the topic from being discussed.

There are still threads on the subject that still managed to survive in the suggestion forum despite attempts to close them. There have been actual civil discussion on it so it is something that is possible to handle.

@Archetype-Luna Then I suggest going to those topics to discuss it.

@ApollosAmour Don't start any fights here.

This thread actually helped me understand more of what these translators have to go through and how annoying it is for them to do the translations with dog crap wages.

Much like animators in Japan who get paid very little.

This needs to be addressed and understood by the forums because heck, we live in an ignorant blissful existance, thinking that they are somehow living in their castles and just don't care.

@SleeprunnerInc What fight? I'm saying keep that topic to that thread if it's civil about it. Unless you think bringing it up again here is useful.

@ApollosAmour The other thread about firing the translators does complete this thread and both are about localization and translations so they go hand in hand and thus can be discussed in both threads.