En Masse Entertainment closing down

alt text

Games like TERA and Closers will no longer operate as such. This was posted on their facebook page. Their news pages on their official website infinitely load, and they haven't posted anything to twitter since June.

I saw this too, apparently management of those games will go to another publisher / operator though who specifically hasnt been announced.

(Fun fact, Closers Online's Japanese release was handled by Sega of Japan)

I just hope Nexon, Aeria, IGG, Perfect World nor Trion Worlds doesn't pick up either. Otherwise it'd be a death sentence.

@coldreactive said in En Masse Entertainment closing down:

I just hope Nexon, Aeria, IGG, Perfect World nor Trion Worlds doesn't pick up either. Otherwise it'd be a death sentence.

I just learned of this news when I checked how the Tera forum was doing. i used to post there regularly for a while. Seems the most likely candidate for Tera is GameForge, which according to people reviews, are much worse than Enmasse was... And EME has been acting Aeria-like for years now. So imagine what will happen. Actually I feel Tera NA won't last long after this. But I'd like to be proven wrong on this one. Won't make me come back but it's always hard to lose a game you are actively playing.

As for Closers, seems the actual dev of the game, Naddic or whatever it's called, will begin self publishing. I wonder if they will be taking existing accounts or making a full fresh start server.

Sega devs should study these happenings and take them as cautionary tales on how not to deal with NA audiences.

Not going to lie, the day En Masse closed was a happy day for me. Even though they eventually uncensored Elin starter outfits, my jimmies are now eternally rustled. enm_feedback.jpg